Sleep No More (3509 / 909)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep No More (3509 / 909)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    SLEEP NO MORE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3509 (909)
    When the Doctor and Clara arrive on Le Verrier Space Station in the 38th century they find sleep-based creatures stalking the corridors.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 November 2015, 08:28 PM.

Well, that was weird, definately going to need to rewatch that...

Comment

so the Doctow failed to stop the infection?
      "You don't know half of it".
      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I'm going to have to watch that one again as well.

First thoughts are that the found footage style just didn't quite work for me. It was OK, but I thought it was just a bit too polished and in focus. Also I think the tension could have been heightened with some dramatic music, but as it was found footage they couldn't have that. On the whole I wish it had just been treated as a normal episode.

I thought the dust was a bit too reminiscent of the Vashta Nerada crossed with the weeping angels dust from The Time of Angels.

I can't say I really connected with the rescue team very much, so I wasn't particularly bothered about any of them being killed, perhaps with the exception of Chopra.

I rather liked that this was one episode where the Doctor didn't win. Makes a change.

I thought the Sandmen would be very scary for little kids. Good behind the sofa moments in that episode for them.

So I thought it was a reasonable episode but not my favourite Gatiss story.

Comment

I liked. It was odd... yes But I liked. It felt fresh! A bit like Midnight or other experimental episodes...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Hey did they reuse the underwater sets and stuff?

Writing on the wall seems to be a theme here.. hmmmmmmmm
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Also did anyone notice the clever opening titles?

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/didyounotice.jpg
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 November 2015, 07:27 PM. Reason: Link edited.

Comment

That was certainly an... interesting episode. Can't really say much else about it at this point, I definitely need to rewatch it properly.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                  so the Doctow failed to stop the infection?
                  Yep the doctor lost, the doctor lost to the bad guys out right this time. The human race will be turn into those sleep dust monsters. An best of all the doctor doesn't even know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Also did anyone notice the clever opening titles?

http://users.on.net/~aviannix37/didyounotice.jpg

Not only the show title but all character names are there and the name of the base.

BTW did you spot the parts of recycled set?

Comment

Thread's gone quiet .

What were the ratings for this one?

Comment

Have tried to watch this twice now, and it hasn't happened... Is my life going to end if I don't get there any time soon? Guessing no where near as important as the next ep...

I was very put off by the opening scenes with the pseudo head-cam ****... Do they use that the entire episode?! The Day of the Doctor prequel was bad enough for that.
                        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                        and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                          Have tried to watch this twice now, and it hasn't happened... Is my life going to end if I don't get there any time soon? Guessing no where near as important as the next ep...

I was very put off by the opening scenes with the pseudo head-cam ****... Do they use that the entire episode?! The Day of the Doctor prequel was bad enough for that.

Yes "Sleep No More" is shakey head cam most of the way. They tried to recreate the vibe of a found footage story, which is the genre I happen to hate a lot.

For the first time ever I could not watch this a second time. I just got bored and did something else.

Comment

God... I think I'll just... wait for a really rainy day... or... til I've broken a leg or something...

(I'm really just hanging now for the next 3 eps, having heard the synopses...)
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

I've worked it out! This entire episode has some kind of perception filter or Silent memory-proofing attached! THAT explains why I didn't pay much attention the first time and couldn't get more than ten minutes in the second time before wandering off to do something else, right?

...right?
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                              X