No announcement yet.

The Zygon Inversion (3508 / 908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know the whole 2nd part gives me lots of misgivings.. It just doesn't sit right with me.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-tragedy.html

Some people were not happy with the episode.
      This is the Daily Fail. They take offence at everything! Did you read the article? It quoted four tweets. Hardly a mass fury.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, the Daily Mail isn't at all reliable. They have it in for Doctor Who every year.

However, there have been complaints and the BBC has responded to them on it's website.

Doctor Who, BBC One, 7 November 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/comp...octorWho71115/

Complaint:

We received complaints from viewers who felt that scenes showing the destruction of an aeroplane were inappropriate in light of recent events.

Response:

We’re aware that elements of drama programmes can sometimes bring to mind real events, and we always think very carefully about this.

In this case, though, the story was presented as a science fiction fantasy, far removed from the real world. The episode didn’t depict a passenger-carrying commercial airliner - it was a military aircraft on official business - and both the Doctor and his companion survived.

With this in mind we didn’t feel the scenes would be outside of most viewers’ expectations for the programme, but we appreciate the differing feedback we’ve received.
        Last edited by Blencathra; 10 November 2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Or you hunt down each and every perpetrator and end them.
          And that's how you continue an escalating war.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
            Yes, the Daily Mail isn't at all reliable. They have it in for Doctor Who every year.

However, there have been complaints and the BBC has responded to them on it's website.

Doctor Who, BBC One, 7 November 2015

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/comp...octorWho71115/

Complaint:

We received complaints from viewers who felt that scenes showing the destruction of an aeroplane were inappropriate in light of recent events.

Response:

We’re aware that elements of drama programmes can sometimes bring to mind real events, and we always think very carefully about this.

In this case, though, the story was presented as a science fiction fantasy, far removed from the real world. The episode didn’t depict a passenger-carrying commercial airliner - it was a military aircraft on official business - and both the Doctor and his companion survived.

With this in mind we didn’t feel the scenes would be outside of most viewers’ expectations for the programme, but we appreciate the differing feedback we’ve received.

But everyone else on the plane, well they just don't matter do they BBC?

If they let that one threw why did they censor Robot Of Sherwood?

Comment

Has it been The Daily Mail that keeps saying next series will be halved/cancelled? (such that now, Moffat has explicitly said - bullocks - full season next year.)

I had no idea about the beheading censorship... Interesting. Were the scenes restored for DVD?

I'm trying hard not to ruin this for me, as I've finally really started liking Capaldi... (or at least, the stories given him) In Pertwee's era, you could be sure of the Doc making a comment such as...
              THIRD DOCTOR (to Jo):
              But don't forget Jo; think all those people whose lives were taken so senselessly...
              JO GRANT (breathless for some reason)
              Yes, Doctor!
              THIRD DOCTOR (to Zyclara):
              But they didn't die in vain. We'll all make sure of that, wont we.
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

The BBC said no one died. Therefore you can assume that everybody else was able to abandon the aircraft to, they just didn't land where The Doctor did.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                  The BBC said no one died. Therefore you can assume that everybody else was able to abandon the aircraft to, they just didn't land where The Doctor did.

Fair enough..

Still not sure if I like this episode or not.

Comment

I think the BBC should show the Doctor's speech again, it will make people think after what happened in Paris. is there a Youtube clip of it?
                    "You don't know half of it".
                    Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                    (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                      I think the BBC should show the Doctor's speech again, it will make people think after what happened in Paris. is there a Youtube clip of it?
                      Of course.

Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I'm on the outside and the only one that doesn't like Clara or the Osgoods.

Still think Bonnie got off too lightly.

Only good thing was the speech by the Doctor.

Comment

Oh, plenty of people are sick of Clara... and occasionally I get a bit..... meh about her. Especially the whole romance last year.... But generally, still happy with her, and sorry she's going...

As for Osgood... I was enjoying her, til they killed her... and now resurrected her - even if they at least had a half descent methodology this time.
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                            Oh, plenty of people are sick of Clara... and occasionally I get a bit..... meh about her. Especially the whole romance last year.... But generally, still happy with her, and sorry she's going...

As for Osgood... I was enjoying her, til they killed her... and now resurrected her - even if they at least had a half descent methodology this time.
                            It's kind of acceptable when you have a twin.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yes, but I feel they should have then included the twin in Osgoods death story... Just a small reference somewhere...
                              and lots more!

Comment

I'm unsure about this one. It certainly wasn't my favorite episode this season. My favorite part was the reference to 12 bullets.

To be fair I'm getting a bit sick of Clara, "the perfect girl". I wonder what the next companion is going to be like.

That said, I liked the romance last year, as it showed her getting over her crush on the 11th Doctor.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X