The Zygon Inversion (3508 / 908)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Zygon Inversion (3508 / 908)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    THE ZYGON INVERSION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3508 (908)
    With the shapeshifting Zygon rebels poised to force their own people to revert to their natural form all around the world, the Doctor must find a way to stop a war that appears inevitable. Meanwhile, Clara fights back against the Zygon leader who has taken her form.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 November 2015, 08:36 PM.

Okay, I have to say - that was an absolutely cracking episode. Some issues, sure, but very satisfying on a lot of fronts.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Pretty good episode, and another great speech from the Doctor!

Cant believe we only have four episodes left though...

Comment

FIVE ROUNDS RAPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG YES!

I am bouncing off the walls with geeky joy!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

During the end scenes, I eneded up subsituting Zygons with ISIS.
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            FIVE ROUNDS RAPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG YES!

I am bouncing off the walls with geeky joy!
            So was I! For some reason I thought you in particular would like that, not sure why...

Great episode, I'm looking forward to rewatching it already. Though I do have wonder - will the Doctor ever actually get to experience a landing while aboard Boat One / the UNIT presidential transport?
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Thoroughly loved this episode, totally lived up to part one. I want it spliced together as a movie!

Also, anyone notice what was in the Black Archive behind The Doctor during his (awesome) speech?

Also, given that I'm now watching The Festival of Remembrance, I'd like to add this was quite a poignant episode for the time of year...
              Last edited by Flyboy; 07 November 2015, 12:50 PM.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                Thoroughly loved this episode, totally lived up to part one. I want it spliced together as a movie!

Also, anyone notice what was in the Black Archive behind The Doctor during his (awesome) speech?

Also, given that I'm now watching The Festival of Remembrance, I'd like to add this was quite a poignant episode for the time of year...
                Wasnt it one of the Mire helmets? I was wondering that too...

Also, this five rounds rapid quote, when was this in the episode? I completely missed it, also whats the relevance?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                  Wasnt it one of the Mire helmets? I was wondering that too...

Also, this five rounds rapid quote, when was this in the episode? I completely missed it, also whats the relevance?
                  Kate says it when explaining how she escaped the Zygon, and it's particularly great and a tad poignant because "five rounds rapid" was more or less the catchphrase of her father (the one and only Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart).
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                    Kate says it when explaining how she escaped the Zygon, and it's particularly great and a tad poignant because "five rounds rapid" was more or less the catchphrase of her father (the one and only Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart).
                    Ohhh, right!

Comment

I don't know if Battlefield ever had a specific battlefield in mind... whereas this story obviously has modern terrorism very much at its heart... Regardless, I've always felt that Sylvester's plea to Morgaine was one of his finest hours, and now Capaldi has absolutely shone in this, one of the most brilliantly written and acted pieces of television I've seen in... yonks.

Ep2 was leaps and bounds ahead of Ep1, simply because it had so much more bite, more going on, more more more. And more Dark Clara... Good God... Yum!

I was by no means a fan of what they did with the Ice Warrior revamp... (all good, til Mr Spindly appeared...) But the modern Zygons, both here and in Day, have been a fairly good re-invention, plus extension, of the original.

It's a shame Osgood didn't even get 1 spin in the TARDIS... maybe one day.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

I just watched both back to back and I'm not really that enamored with this story.. It just irks me.

Jolly good they had those parachutes on the plane and the Doctors was 007's old leftover from one of his old adventures hehe. But how did they have enough time to put those on when the missile hit?

I think personally the Doctor was wrong to grant 20 million of them asylum on Earth given their past history with him and UNIT. If anything he has a TARDIS why not relocate them on another world?

Why Earth of all places?

Part 1 was actually a hell of a lot better then this 2nd part..

Clara and the Osgoods annoy me. I don't know why fans like her so much, I find Osgood a bad caricature.
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

This one was a slight improvement over last week's rubbish, but I still thought it was a load of steaming cow pats with sparkly lights on top.

Capaldi's speech bored me and a double dose of Clara was nearly more than I could bear. And I am sick to death of the constant references to how wonderful Clara is. Every episode I'm just waiting and hoping for her to die.

I found "Clara" shooting the plane out the sky very disquieting, particularly when coupled with the fact that the Doctor and Osgood didn't seem to care about what happened to the pilots or anyone else.

I absolutely loathe episodes with heavy doses of allegory. That's the main reason I gave up on Star Trek. I don't mind if the inferences are subtle and easily ignored, or if the episode was written by Robert Holmes. But that ham fisted bun vendor Peter Harness is NOT Robert Holmes.

The only redeeming part was the "five rounds rapid" reference.

For anyone who doesn't get it, here's where it came from.

Last edited by Blencathra; 08 November 2015, 01:02 AM.

Comment

An absolutely fantastic episode to my mind, and probably one of the best this series. Pretty much everything that Flyboy said. At this point I'm really not looking forward to Clara's departure.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

That ending was very ominous with the "one month" line.... Dum de dum, ominous music for Clara I think..

Doctor's speech was good, and BAFTA material I think.

Didn't the Doctor kill off a whole race in The Macra Terror? He had no qualms about that... Why so different with the Zygons?

Oh and Zygella..

I picture a cameo with Nigella Lawson playing Zygella. The Zygon cooking show.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X