The Zygon Invasion (3507 / 907)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Zygon Invasion (3507 / 907)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    THE ZYGON INVASION
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3507 (907)
    The Earth faces all-out war with the Zygons after a rogue faction of the shape-shifting aliens kidnap Osgood and demand that the 20 million Zygons living in secret on Earth be allowed to live as who they really are.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 November 2015, 12:54 PM.

Am I allowed to say that was mediocre and predictable? In fairness I think I'll have to watch it again as I had to keep nipping out but I called most of the 'twists' early... and if I can do that, it's not good.

Also, who the hell trained those UNIT soldiers?!
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Totally agree, Sealurk. Boring. That's all I can say about it really.

Comment

I thought it was great. I mean it was a part one so it's all set up, but nothing wrong with it at all. I confess it was missing a little humour but still.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Jenna Coleman has a very hot "Evil Villainess" look.

Comment

Gosh those UNIT soldiers were dumb..

Where did they hire that lot?

So Zygons are the new ISIS. Notice the black posters?

Dr Who gets political how quaint..

Spoiler:
            How did Zygon Clara know so much to fool the Doctor like that?

Is Clara dead yet again?
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Jenna Coleman has a very hot "Evil Villainess" look.
              Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post

Me three. She looked amazing doing that evil look.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I enjoyed it... though - I think we've seen plenty of 2 parters this season that didn't need part 1 to simply set up part 2... though this one certainly felt like it was 90% exposition...

Loved the little reference to Harry...

I'm guessing Clara is not dead yet, just as Kate is also not dead... just a bluff... Maybe if the claim was ONLY about Clara... but I'm sure they wont kill Kate off just yet...
                  back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                    I enjoyed it... though - I think we've seen plenty of 2 parters this season that didn't need part 1 to simply set up part 2... though this one certainly felt like it was 90% exposition...

Loved the little reference to Harry...

I'm guessing Clara is not dead yet, just as Kate is also not dead... just a bluff... Maybe if the claim was ONLY about Clara... but I'm sure they wont kill Kate off just yet...
                    I suspect that it was Kate who was actually radioing in the message, after she managed to kill the Zygon... It seems like a very Stewart thing to do...

Comment

i don't think they're going to kill Clara off anyway. They might strand her an an alternate universe, memory tricks, or some other dodge, but has New Who "killed" any companion who has left the show yet? I don't consider Amy to have been "killed", as she was sent back to a previous time and lived out her life in the past, allowing her to be brought back easily, by a time traveler, anyway.

Comment

I doubt they'll kill her when she leaves either, but if they were to kill any companion she would be the perfect option. I mean She's the impossible girl who spread her existence through all of time and space... She can show up again whenever they like and it wouldn't make the original Clara's death any less meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          Indeed..

I say kill off "boring, Doctor-wannabe" Clara and keep evil Zygon Clara

They could kill her since she's leaving anyway, it's probably unlikely though...

Comment

I guessed wrong, I thought the other lady with Clara (did we ever get her name?) was the zygon...

Looking forward to part 2

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                              I guessed wrong, I thought the other lady with Clara (did we ever get her name?) was the zygon...

Looking forward to part 2
                              The other lady was Jac, played by Jaye Griffiths (anybody remember Bugs? She was Ros). Hoping she's not actually dead, I quite liked her character. Actually, I think that's starting to happen quite frequently - "I like this character... aaand they're dead."

I've since watched the episode again, and after the second viewing I do have to say... it's still as bad as I thought it was first time. There are certainly some great things about it, but lots of things just don't make sense.

That said, I do have a bit of an oddball theory. I doubt they'd do it and I haven't thought it through fully so it may not even make sense, but if I'm right it could potentially ruin next week's episode so I'm going to spoiler it here. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler:
                              The Doctor isn't the Doctor, he's a Zygon. His mannerisms and speech patterns were slightly off and he keeps referring to 'himself' in the third person (doesn't he at one point say "that's what the Doctor does"?). It would also explain the otherwise glaring plothole - why has the Doctor elected to take a slow, vulnerable plane when he has a TARDIS? Because a Zygon presumably cannot get into or fly the TARDIS.

The political aspect of the episode was very heavy-handed. Different cultures integrating into society, radicalisation, extremist splinter groups and more - very current, very daring to tackle... but I felt it was far too unsubtle. Yes, it needs dealing with, and yes science fiction is often a fantastic way of dealing with subjects we as a society may or may not be comfortable dealing with head-on but it felt like I was being clubbed over the head with it all. And honestly - I watch Doctor Who because I want an escape from the heavy real world issues!
                              Last edited by Sealurk; 01 November 2015, 10:46 AM. Reason: Added more.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                              X