Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 DragonCon Atlanta, GA September 2-5, 2016

http://www.dragoncon.org/
    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Wish I could go
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Note: As of today they have not cleared the guest list for new announcements for 2016. If you look now they are still showing the list for this past 2015 convention. Next years guests will not likely start being announced before the end of the year or early next. Guests continue to be added (or canceled) up until a week or two before the convention.

Guests are not "invited" to attend by DragonCon, guests (or their management) must apply to attend and DragonCon selects guests then work on a contract with the guest that must be finalized before there is an announcement. Guest application period opens Oct 1st (there is a page for information on the website) and they have a deadline sometime in May I believe. http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=node/779

I will update this post when more information is available.
      Last edited by taris-eirien; 29 September 2015, 04:01 PM.
      John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

The early bird pricing for membership has passed and prices have increased to the next level. The current pricing level is $90.00 through November 13, 2015 after which the price will move up to the next tier (pricing and dates for the next tiers are not yet available on the website).

http://dragoncon.org/?q=membership_pre_sales
        Last edited by taris-eirien; 29 September 2015, 04:01 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Host hotels for 2016 will again include the familiar surroundings of the Hyatt Regency Atlanta along with the legendary Atlanta Marriott Marquis, the Hilton Atlanta, Sheraton Atlanta Hotel, and the Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel. The Hyatt, Marriott, and Hilton are connected by tube-ways to make trekking through the hotels a breeze. The Marriott is easily the most architecturally unique hotel in the city, if not the entire Southeast.

Note: The Hilton, Sheraton, Hyatt and Westin are posting as "sold out" for 2016.
          The Marriott has not gone on sale yet. Reservations for the Marriott Marquis Hotel go On Sale Oct 7th at 9am ET (info is on the website: http://dragoncon.org/?q=host_hotels_view). Note: Getting through and scoring a reservation isn't easy, there are hundreds of people trying to book at the same time and the hotel will likely sell out within 30 minutes of the reservation period opening. It pays to keep trying and be quick on the computer to enter data because by the time you put in your info the room you are looking at might be gone when you hit the final enter.

There is a chance the Westin will have other blocks of room become available but they do not announce it - you have to check periodically.

Overflow hotel (non-host hotels located in the vicinity) information can be found here: http://dragoncon.org/?q=hotels_overflow.

A good source of current (breaking) tips is a fan run thread on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DragonConHo...ection?fref=ts. They post what they know, when they know it and sometimes the comments added are helpful.

sigpic

Comment

I will be there and possibly volunteering. Received my postcard for entry to the convention. My first time going to D*C.

Comment

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG1 View Post
              I will be there and possibly volunteering. Received my postcard for entry to the convention. My first time going to D*C.
              Due to the latest bad news, Dragon Con is a no go.

Comment

Update on the Stargate Track at DragonCon.

From the new Facebook page Military Scifi Media @ DragonCon
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/1701370370114274/

"Welcome everyone to the new group! With the official announcement at the May meeting, Stargate Multiverse Track is now the new and expanded Military Scifi Media. We cover Stargate as always, but have added Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5, and Farscape, as well as all book tie ins, derivative shows and movies, and video games. I hope you will all join us September 2-5 at DragonCon!"

sigpic

Comment

Stargate Guest Announcement:

Suanne Braun (Hathor)
                  Last edited by taris-eirien; 14 July 2016, 02:00 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Peter Williams (Apophis)

sigpic

Comment

Jacqueline Samuda (Nirrti)

sigpic

Comment

Dragon*Con was wonderful this year! Getting to meet these 3, especially Suanne (who is my favorite, obviously), was so so so great. Great people, super nice. Suanne was complimentary and spent a lot of time chatting to me about acting. Jacqueline was really friendly and acted silly with me when I was very obviously nervous to meet her. And Peter, what a guy! Talked to my mom on the phone for 10 minutes! She was over the moon. Their panels were great and not too crowded. Overall, I really enjoyed having them there and hope to see them back again.

Comment

Oh, wow! I'm so envious! She's my favourite too!
                          sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

Where there many Stargate fans? What about Stargate cosplayers? Any of those? (Goa'uld, SG-1, Tok'ra...)

I'm trying to make a SG costume for a party
                            sigpic

[Save Martouf/Lantash in the movies!] | My fics on Fanfiction.net | My fics on Symbiotica

Comment

There really weren't that many that I saw in person, but I did see a handful of pictures after the fact of people in costume.

Comment

Working...
                              X