• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d Printed Stargate Ships

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ru-kirja/m.h...p2047675.l2562

Came across this on ebay
    sigpic

That's so cool !! Thanks for sharing the news. The City is interesting, the puddle jumper too and I would like the Daedalus too. Even the Replicator looks good lol
    Let's see for maybe a hive or a dart...
    John Sheppard : Fruit bowl, Nice touch !

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

One small problem... license issues... Always tricky, and this guy's definitely breaking the laws with his prints.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oooopsss... yes, for sure, it must be bind the the Stargate franchise... The idea would be nice if he was to get a contract with the official staff...

Todd : We picked them up on our travels. I thought it would make our discussions more comfortable. I hope they prove as delicious as the farmers who grew them...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

Those are awesome.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BluePrincess View Post
            Oooopsss... yes, for sure, it must be bind the the Stargate franchise... The idea would be nice if he was to get a contract with the official staff...
            Which would never happen... so he's just going to have to deal with the consequences if there's anyone out there reporting his stuff to the license holders.

Comment

It's not very wise from him anyway, fakers always take a huge risk...
              So better staying away, it's safer for the consumer.
              I think personally that if we are true fans we will respect the franchise enough to seek for original copyrighted stuff.

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

It's not very wise from him anyway, fakers always take a huge risk...
                So better staying away, it's safer for the consumer.
                I think personally that if we are true fans we will respect the franchise enough to seek for original copyrighted stuff.
                It would be good if anyone were actually producing them under copyright, as far as I know Best lock is the only licensed toy maker still producing stargate toys.The Bad Azz models in the USA don't claim to be licensed nor do they display the logos, but they still command a hefty price tag for the kits.
                sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

And Best Lock is horrible quality too...

Comment

How to know if something is really produced under copyright when we buy something online ? I guess there are website dedicated to these kind (and fair) of products where fans are sure to get stuff in respect of the franchise ?

Or maybe it's written somewhere and we can see on the pic ?

I know it appears to be a very silly question but as I am a new fan, if I wanna get Stargate stuff I would like to be sure it's "real"...

SGA, "The Queen"

Comment

There should be an official license tag attached to your product, showing that the company who's distributing the merchandise has paid for it fair and square.

Comment

How to know if something is really produced under copyright when we buy something online ? I guess there are website dedicated to these kind (and fair) of products where fans are sure to get stuff in respect of the franchise ?

Or maybe it's written somewhere and we can see on the pic ?

I know it appears to be a very silly question but as I am a new fan, if I wanna get Stargate stuff I would like to be sure it's "real"...
                        Yes the MGM license logo will be on the item. Ironically, It is illegal to sell bootleg products on ebay, so the stuff you see there should be legit. However, items like the models are more likely rated as fan art and are not really regulated by those copyright laws, because they are usually produced by individuals in very small quantities and usually of items not produced by the mainstream companies/franchises. If you want to see a legit copyright licence logo check out the QMX stargate products or again the Best Lock sets.
                        sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

These models are negotiable so if you are interested fire an offer at the seller, I got a very good price one two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                            These models are negotiable so if you are interested fire an offer at the seller, I got a very good price one two of them.
                            I know a Fablab where I could get them for nearly nothing - to say, I'd have to model them first.

Comment

I have the 3d models but it takes allot of time and resin to print them. I find my printer head has trouble dealing with the size of the model.

Comment

Working...
                              X