Final Hour (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
    Extant has been cancelled, sorry to break that to you.
    I must say the multiple timelines are confusing at best, I did try to write it down 'Back to the Future 2' style and ended up with so many lines on the bit of paper it looked like a spiders web, but it did kind of make a little sense if you consider we were only ever seeing the story from Kierra 1's point of view and all the different futures were as a result of her travelling back originall each alternative future branched off as a result of liber8 and her arriving in 2012.

I was also secretly hoping they were going to reveal Carlos was her Grandad or something, but I don't think they ever went there did they?

Jason would have lived out his life from 2012 onwards, but yes, in the final timeline we saw her return to, he would never have existed, but this wasn't the same timeline she left (and that he came from), it was a new timeline created by her original time travel journey, technically, as soon as they left the original 2077 timeline, it ceased to exist from their point of view and they could never return to it, life continued in that timeline, she and liber8 (and Jason) all travelled to another timeline, but to the people of that time, they died, oh confusing or what lol
    That is a good recap of what I have read has been theorized as to what happens with backwards time travel in order to avoid paradoxes(if going back in time is even possible) basically the timeline one leaves continues on and any changes made make a new timeline which reflect the changes. This would explain why Kellog didn't disappear when his grandmother was killed.
    Last edited by Perelandra; 17 October 2015, 04:34 PM.

Comment

That's a much simpler explanation

That might also explain why the original past they went to collapsed eventually (it was the original arrival timeline wasn't it?), because Alex went to the second timeline to rescue Emily, and Kellogg's grandmother had been killed, nether Kellogg nor Alec were there to create the futures so the timeline ended, as Doctor Whowould say, both Alec and Kellogg were fixed points in time vital to the timeline etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
        Thanks!
        LOL, yes possibly seven if Extant and Defiance don't come back(which I hope they do.) I have picked up a couple of new shows but don't know if I'm going to keep watching them yet.
        Defiance has also been cancelled. Syfy will never change.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
          That's a much simpler explanation

That might also explain why the original past they went to collapsed eventually (it was the original arrival timeline wasn't it?), because Alex went to the second timeline to rescue Emily, and Kellogg's grandmother had been killed, nether Kellogg nor Alec were there to create the futures so the timeline ended, as Doctor Whowould say, both Alec and Kellogg were fixed points in time vital to the timeline etc.
          Yes. I think Alec rescuing Emily was key as you say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
            Defiance has also been cancelled. Syfy will never change.
            Too bad. Well not surprised, as the ending to season 3 seemed to be a sort of goodbye. I had a feeling the the writers were anticipating that it may well be canceled when they wrote the season finale to season 3, just like in SGU.
            They wrote an ending that would be a satisfactory ending if necessary, but had enough threads for a new story if picked up again.

Comment

Dam, what am I going to watch now all the good stuff is cancelled?

Comment

Well, like many have said, I'll miss the show. I enjoyed watching the story unfold.
                sigpic

Comment

I think they pulled a farscape, they cut the show short to put the money in to other shows, while I like the idea they will put the money in to the other shows, I still think they could have waited to start those other shows until this one came to a satisfactory end, not just chopped off like that, I call that a cheat, it's almost like stopping in the mid

Comment

This was one of the best series that SyFy has aired since Galactica, right up there with Haven. But it wasn't a SyFy production, it was purchased from another producer, who is the one that actually pulled the plug.

It was a great series, and I will miss it. I do wish it had been able to run the entire 7 seasons the creators originally had in mind. The "final" season obviously went off the rails; seems they just wanted to get it done with.

Comment

I agree one of the best shows on SyFy.
                      I think they at least needed a full 13 episode season 4 not the 6 they had.
                      The ending did seem rushed and "tacked on" to me. I would have liked a little more in terms of explanation since they were ending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                        I agree one of the best shows on SyFy.
                        I think they at least needed a full 13 episode season 4 not the 6 they had.
                        The ending did seem rushed and "tacked on" to me. I would have liked a little more in terms of explanation since they were ending it.
                        agreed, it all seemed a little rushed and macgyvered together to me, but it was good enough, I liked the ending where she saw her other self in the other life.

Comment

At least we got some form of closure. Other shows just go "poof" and leave us wondering...
                          sigpic

Comment

Still don't know why Showcase didn't invest more in this and give the 13 episodes since it was one of their most watched shows in Canada! I felt many possibilities were lost in what to put in the available six episodes. I'm glad we got something to finish the story off at least and the ending with Keira seeing her son was an ending you'd expect from the show. Sad but hopeful, everyone was living in a hopeful future instead of the oppressive future she originally came from.

I will miss this show too, miss not seeing Vancouver starring as itself too. It made a nice change from having to believe familiar sights are another city somewhere in the world or universe!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              Still don't know why Showcase didn't invest more in this and give the 13 episodes since it was one of their most watched shows in Canada! I felt many possibilities were lost in what to put in the available six episodes. I'm glad we got something to finish the story off at least and the ending with Keira seeing her son was an ending you'd expect from the show. Sad but hopeful, everyone was living in a hopeful future instead of the oppressive future she originally came from.

I will miss this show too, miss not seeing Vancouver starring as itself too. It made a nice change from having to believe familiar sights are another city somewhere in the world or universe!
                              Intriguing...If it was popular in Canada...IDK why they dropped the show.

On another note...I've see Rachel Nichols in Chicago Fire. She looks different as a blonde.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't know if this is the case here but sometimes 'new blood' don't like 'old guard' legacy and dump it for no other reason that their predecessor bought it to life, perhaps there was a change at the top of Showcase and the new boss didn't like the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X