No announcement yet.

Final Hour (406)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm...that is a theory...but I don't see why they'd want to bite the hand that feeds them!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      Hmmm...that is a theory...but I don't see why they'd want to bite the hand that feeds them!
      Never underestimate the stupidity of executives.

Comment

It is such a shame this show ended early. And I kind of expected a bittersweet ending!!!Hope Rachel have another Sci-fi TV show!!!! She is one of the kind beauty that can pull off as a blonde, a brunette/black and a ginger/red!!!!I really don't know why Syfy call themselves Syfy any more??????

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Intriguing...If it was popular in Canada...IDK why they dropped the show.

On another note...I've see Rachel Nichols in Chicago Fire. She looks different as a blonde.
        Yup!! me too!!!And Show off her hot body figure in Chicago Fire!!!(Sorry!!)
        P.S. She is a natural blonde!!!! And have math and Econ Degrees from Columbia !!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yukin1990 View Post
          It is such a shame this show ended early. And I kind of expected a bittersweet ending!!!Hope Rachel have another Sci-fi TV show!!!! She is one of the kind beauty that can pull off as a blonde, a brunette/black and a ginger/red!!!!I really don't know why Syfy call themselves Syfy any more??????

Yup!! me too!!!And Show off her hot body figure in Chicago Fire!!!(Sorry!!)
          P.S. She is a natural blonde!!!! And have math and Econ Degrees from Columbia !!!!
          I wonder how long she'll be on Chicago Fire? I hope she's there for a while!
          sigpic

Comment

It was a great show, and a good ending all things considered.

I would have loved too see all the seven (or was it eight?) seasons that the writers had planned.

There's an interesting interview with the writer Simon Barry, here:
            http://www.blastr.com/2015-10-19/exc...and-whats-next

Comment

Good article. Thanks for posting it.

I believe the original plan was for 7 seasons.

Comment

Is this the thread where everyone who has seen the end hangs out and it's all pre-spoiled so I don't have to use Spoiler Tags?

Well anyway. Was the ending happy or does Kiera end up in a mental institution within the next year?

Who saw this end coming? It's not that I didn't give thought to what sort of time travel and uni-verse vs multi-verse theory the show was presenting but I just let myself be led along and so the ending still caught me by surprise and I absolutely adore that! That's why it's best to not be hanging out in fan forums discussing a series while it's still in progress and best to avoid TV previews or anything that could possibly spoil or partly spoil. I don't even read the little Netflix or TV guide blurbs about any episode.

Well, anyway, this series was too good to have been a Canada only affair. I thought the writing was excellent and better than Dark Matter, but Dark Matter has space-ships and that is weirdly difficult to find these days.

So there's my 2 cents and now I can disappear for another 5 years. I have ADD. Just wanna find another great SciFi show to watch now. I guess after SG-1 and BSG, I can longer find the strength to bawl over cancellations. Just bring me some new Sci-Fi . It doesn't even have to be all that good. It's just that my Netflix isn't keeping up with my viewing requirements.
                sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  That's a much simpler explanation

That might also explain why the original past they went to collapsed eventually (it was the original arrival timeline wasn't it?), because Alex went to the second timeline to rescue Emily, and Kellogg's grandmother had been killed, nether Kellogg nor Alec were there to create the futures so the timeline ended, as Doctor Whowould say, both Alec and Kellogg were fixed points in time vital to the timeline etc.

Remember after Alex went back one week to save Emily, Kiera remained in the same timeline for a day or so but it was visibly collapsing / self-destructing. This raises the question. Does a timeline automatically collapse as soon as backwards time travel is executed? Brad's timeline seemed to remain in place until Kellog walked through the portal and was transported to the ancient past, so now one has to posit that only timelines where significant corruption of history by means of time-travel has occured undergo total collapse.

If the timeline you backwards time-travel in can suffer total collapse and consign billions of people to horrifying and painful deaths, then time-travel should be considered the most heinous crime possible. The thing is, I'm not sure if we're talking about a tree that lives with multiple viable branches where only some branches that have experienced major corruption die off or a tree where only one branch ultimately survives.
                  sigpic My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Comment

I'm going to miss this show. The ending really was bittersweet. I was kind of hoping that future Alex would send her back to 2015 (or the time she left from). Because it's kind of sad that she does see her son again, but he isn't really her son. She can't just go to him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      I'm going to miss this show. The ending really was bittersweet. I was kind of hoping that future Alex would send her back to 2015 (or the time she left from). Because it's kind of sad that she does see her son again, but he isn't really her son. She can't just go to him.
                      But if she did go back, it would probably have caused more changes, and she couldn't be sure if it would affect her son's life, not to mention the path that Carlos was on that lead him to be very important to the future world in which she now resides.

Comment

OK...

Timeline wise: S1 was set in 2012, S2 in 2013. S3 started in NOvember 2013 I believe but must have gone on into 2014...so puts S4 into 2014 at least but I'm not dead cert.

1. So Kellogg is..The Traveller? Or just stuck way in the past?

2. Kiera.....oooh bleep...she gambled everything on getting home but...

3. So who actually is Alec in the new timeline?

Thank you very much people...was an honour...now I have to home there's another cool show to watch somewhere.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I could suggest "Haven", another excellent show that SyFy has cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                            Really wish they could have ended the show with more than just six episodes. There was still so many stories to tell. They did a great job with what they had already shown.

Nice ending to a wonderful show!
                            I agree...I think the show's final season was a bit rushed in an attempt to tie up story lines, etc. However, over all, I enjoyed the show! I have all of the season on bluray!
                            sigpic

Comment

It really would have been great to get all 7 seasons that Simon and the writers had in mind. I hate when a good story gets cut short. I am glad that they were able to get the 6 episodes and not get shut down like Dark Matter left us hanging. Orphan Black got to finish their story and it looks like 12 Monkeys will as well.

Comment

I've just watched this for the first time, having caught the show on Netflix here in Oz.

Have to say - the ending was spectacular!

Yes, the final season was a bit eratic, not flowing quite as nicely as the rest, but I gather it was close to simply being shut down after 3 seasons, so - cudos to the writers for no doubt taking those 4 years worth of ideas, and working out how to make something fit into just 6 episodes.

Not going to dissect, but - am I the only one who had this feeling that Kellogg becomes The Traveller...? I know it's a different actor who played the part, but...

As for the ending... It was perfect. It was exactly right. It would have been easy to simply have Kiera arrive in the future and resume her life with her Odd Squad kid... But instead she has to settle for knowing that he will live his life in a much better world, with a different version of herself...

And, yes, frankly, sadly, I could easily see her losing her mind going forward from that point...

Actually I think I'd rather decide -

Kiera decided to go backpacking around Europe for 10 years, then returned to Canada and found her son, and told him her story. He of course doesn't believe her at first, but her resemblance to his mother is remarkable... And with time he believes her.

There. Much nicer.
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X