• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Hour (406)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON FOUR
    FINAL HOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 406
    Kiera and Alec risk everything to stop the future soldiers from opening a portal to begin an invasion from the future, pushing them toward a confrontation with Brad. Meanwhile, Kellog attempts to subvert his future self and seize the destiny of the planet.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 December 2015, 09:18 PM.

Well well, I liked that there were consequences to her travelling forward in time, she made it back to her son, but at a major cost personally.

What I liked:
    The above.
    Kellog getting sent back to the dark ages and killing his own daughter without knowing who she was.
    Feneggra(sp?) Having the building named after him in the future.
    Master Bratac meeting her, and Alec being late ROFL

Cons:
    No real explanation for the traveller or his abilities.
    The season was too short.
    The story is over, despite it's flaws, it was actually really good viewing.

Comment

I was expecting a much more exciting finale.
      Don't get me wrong. It was AMAZING, but I expected more from the writers who never ceased to amaze us for 4 seasons.

The only thing that I really loved was the fact that she found out that she still lost her son. Her actual son exists in the timeline she can never get back to.

About the traveler, I believe he was just means to an end. I believe he was only introduced as a last minute save.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
        Well well, I liked that there were consequences to her travelling forward in time, she made it back to her son, but at a major cost personally.
        Yeah, I liked that too.
        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
        - R.E.M.

Comment

When you think about it, it was the only obvious ending and quiet different to what I expected, but on the flip side it was exactly what I disliked about the series and the time travel theories it was following, because had Kellogg always done that, then there was no way the soldiers could have come back in the first place.

Comment

'Tis a sad day.

This was one of the best series SyFy has put on the air in a long time, even though they didn't create it.
            Spoiler:

I'm glad Kiera ended up in the future she did; No collapse, so the Corporate Congress had never formed.

I loved Kellog getting dumped into some pre-historic jungle with tribes of primitive humans. Although with his knowledge, he will likely end up ruling that jungle, unless they kill him before he can start to use his knowledge.

Comment

I really enjoyed the series finale (and the series as a whole). I'm going to miss this show.
              sigpic

Comment

I am really going to miss this show, very much. I did like the series finale although I would have liked to have seen it stretched out to 2 hour(eps)
                Spoiler:
                agree with a poster above liked seeing Kellogg get sent back to a prehistoric jungle,
                but have questions:
                confused about the time travel timelines.
                I understood that Kellogs going through the portal wiped out Tonkin's future so to speak, so Velasquez, ect, were never born? No warlord Kellog, so to speak.
                Also what was in the note that Jason gave to Kiera and did she ever show or talk about it to 2077 Alec? never heard a mention of it unless it was implied.
                There was a line from 2077 Alec that he and Emily spent their lives together building the new future so assuming Jason was never born in the new future? Perhaps that is why he elected to stay in 2012-or13-or15. Unless Emily really WAS his mother after all.
                BTW speaking of the above, what year were they in? The show started in 2012 with Keira, and Liber8 going back 65 years from 2077 but I'm assuming not 3 years passed in the show as it has for us, right? So in short Kiera did not spend 3 years in the past, right?
                Also, while I did like Kiera having to sacrifice her son, I'm glad he existed and she would get to see him happy. But Alec said he tried to send her as close as possible to the time they left so I'm assuming she arrived in 2077 a bit behind when they left or there would not have been a "double of her?" Or am I thinking straight? Arggh this time travel stuff makes my mind a pretzel. Liked seeing her say goodbye to Carlos, Dillon, and Alec.

I'm going to miss this show, one of my favorites on SYFY, besides 12 Monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                  When you think about it, it was the only obvious ending and quiet different to what I expected, but on the flip side it was exactly what I disliked about the series and the time travel theories it was following, because had Kellogg always done that, then there was no way the soldiers could have come back in the first place.
                  I was wondering this exact same thing but I thought I heard an explanation that Kellogg going through the portal wiped out that future so it never happened but I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    'Tis a sad day.

This was one of the best series SyFy has put on the air in a long time, even though they didn't create it.
                    Spoiler:

I'm glad Kiera ended up in the future she did; No collapse, so the Corporate Congress had never formed.

I loved Kellog getting dumped into some pre-historic jungle with tribes of primitive humans. Although with his knowledge, he will likely end up ruling that jungle, unless they kill him before he can start to use his knowledge.
                    I loved his last line "That little xxxx!"

Comment

Really wish they could have ended the show with more than just six episodes. There was still so many stories to tell. They did a great job with what they had already shown.

Nice ending to a wonderful show!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                        I am really going to miss this show, very much. I did like the series finale although I would have liked to have seen it stretched out to 2 hour(eps)
                        Spoiler:
                        agree with a poster above liked seeing Kellogg get sent back to a prehistoric jungle,
                        but have questions:
                        confused about the time travel timelines.
                        I understood that Kellogs going through the portal wiped out Tonkin's future so to speak, so Velasquez, ect, were never born? No warlord Kellog, so to speak.
                        Also what was in the note that Jason gave to Kiera and did she ever show or talk about it to 2077 Alec? never heard a mention of it unless it was implied.
                        There was a line from 2077 Alec that he and Emily spent their lives together building the new future so assuming Jason was never born in the new future? Perhaps that is why he elected to stay in 2012-or13-or15. Unless Emily really WAS his mother after all.
                        BTW speaking of the above, what year were they in? The show started in 2012 with Keira, and Liber8 going back 65 years from 2077 but I'm assuming not 3 years passed in the show as it has for us, right? So in short Kiera did not spend 3 years in the past, right?
                        Also, while I did like Kiera having to sacrifice her son, I'm glad he existed and she would get to see him happy. But Alec said he tried to send her as close as possible to the time they left so I'm assuming she arrived in 2077 a bit behind when they left or there would not have been a "double of her?" Or am I thinking straight? Arggh this time travel stuff makes my mind a pretzel. Liked seeing her say goodbye to Carlos, Dillon, and Alec.

BTW speaking of the above, what year were they in?
                        I'm going to miss this show, one of my favorites on SYFY, besides 12 Monkeys.
                        I believe they never got past 2013 as far as when most of what we were shown was happening.

SyFy has a page that might help sort it out.

http://www.syfy.com/continuum/photos...s-of-continuum

PS: I think it's time to update your sig. 5 of the shows on your list are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I believe they never got past 2013 as far as when most of what we were shown was happening.

SyFy has a page that might help sort it out.

http://www.syfy.com/continuum/photos...s-of-continuum

PS: I think it's time to update your sig. 5 of the shows on your list are dead.
                          Thanks!
                          LOL, yes possibly seven if Extant and Defiance don't come back(which I hope they do.) I have picked up a couple of new shows but don't know if I'm going to keep watching them yet.

Comment

My thoughts:
                            Spoiler:
                            would have liked to have found out more about the Traveler/freelancers.
                            There are 3 Kieras, with my reasoning.
                            1. original Kiera, born around 2040's went back to 2012 and first communicated with Alec in his barn, and then went back a week after Alec when he went back to save Emily.
                            2. Kiera # 2, that was killed by Brad.
                            3. Kiera # 3 that was born 2040's and never became a protector and never traveled back in time therefore is the Kiera we see with her son at the very end that Old Alec shows her.

Alec:
                            1. Alec # 1 born early-mid 1990's that Kiera Discovers in the barn.
                            2. Alec # 2 that becomes leader of Piron and goes on to become super evil corporate giant by 2077 that is killed by Alec # 1 who goes back in time to save Emily.

Kellogg:
                            1. Kellogg #1 Liber8 member who goes back in time, becomes leader of Piron after Alec # 2 is killed and becomes Warlord Kellogg in Brads future. this is where it gets confusing as this Kellogg by entering the portal when 2035 and 2013 are tethered wipes out that timeline(so I thought) and goes back to- pre-Columbian Vancouver? Maybe survives,maybe doesn't-if does-somehow influences THAT future?
                            2. Kellogg # 2 born 2030s or 2040's and is alive in 2077, or never existed-since his grandmother was killed in 2012.

3. Jason. Probably doesn't exist in the new future as Alec is said to stay with Emily until her death, as long as Emily is not Jason's mother.

perhaps this is why Jason, who is as much if not more a genius than his Father-wrote a note for Kiera to give 2077 Alec. He knew he would not be born then but I would like to have known what was in the note.

Wish we'd had 13 episodes instead of 6.
                            Last edited by Perelandra; 17 October 2015, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                              Thanks!
                              LOL, yes possibly seven if Extant and Defiance don't come back(which I hope they do.) I have picked up a couple of new shows but don't know if I'm going to keep watching them yet.
                              Extant has been cancelled, sorry to break that to you.

I must say the multiple timelines are confusing at best, I did try to write it down 'Back to the Future 2' style and ended up with so many lines on the bit of paper it looked like a spiders web, but it did kind of make a little sense if you consider we were only ever seeing the story from Kierra 1's point of view and all the different futures were as a result of her travelling back originall each alternative future branched off as a result of liber8 and her arriving in 2012.

I was also secretly hoping they were going to reveal Carlos was her Grandad or something, but I don't think they ever went there did they?

Jason would have lived out his life from 2012 onwards, but yes, in the final timeline we saw her return to, he would never have existed, but this wasn't the same timeline she left (and that he came from), it was a new timeline created by her original time travel journey, technically, as soon as they left the original 2077 timeline, it ceased to exist from their point of view and they could never return to it, life continued in that timeline, she and liber8 (and Jason) all travelled to another timeline, but to the people of that time, they died, oh confusing or what lol
                              Last edited by Ian-S; 17 October 2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X