Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Captain

Default Re: Final Hour (406)

Dam, what am I going to watch now all the good stuff is cancelled?

Well, like many have said, I'll miss the show. I enjoyed watching the story unfold.

I think they pulled a farscape, they cut the show short to put the money in to other shows, while I like the idea they will put the money in to the other shows, I still think they could have waited to start those other shows until this one came to a satisfactory end, not just chopped off like that, I call that a cheat, it's almost like stopping in the mid

This was one of the best series that SyFy has aired since Galactica, right up there with Haven. But it wasn't a SyFy production, it was purchased from another producer, who is the one that actually pulled the plug.

It was a great series, and I will miss it. I do wish it had been able to run the entire 7 seasons the creators originally had in mind. The "final" season obviously went off the rails; seems they just wanted to get it done with.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

I agree one of the best shows on SyFy.
    I think they at least needed a full 13 episode season 4 not the 6 they had.
    The ending did seem rushed and "tacked on" to me. I would have liked a little more in terms of explanation since they were ending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perelandra View Post
    I agree one of the best shows on SyFy.
    I think they at least needed a full 13 episode season 4 not the 6 they had.
    The ending did seem rushed and "tacked on" to me. I would have liked a little more in terms of explanation since they were ending it.
    agreed, it all seemed a little rushed and macgyvered together to me, but it was good enough, I liked the ending where she saw her other self in the other life.

At least we got some form of closure. Other shows just go "poof" and leave us wondering...

Still don't know why Showcase didn't invest more in this and give the 13 episodes since it was one of their most watched shows in Canada! I felt many possibilities were lost in what to put in the available six episodes. I'm glad we got something to finish the story off at least and the ending with Keira seeing her son was an ending you'd expect from the show. Sad but hopeful, everyone was living in a hopeful future instead of the oppressive future she originally came from.

I will miss this show too, miss not seeing Vancouver starring as itself too. It made a nice change from having to believe familiar sights are another city somewhere in the world or universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Krisz View Post
    Still don't know why Showcase didn't invest more in this and give the 13 episodes since it was one of their most watched shows in Canada! I felt many possibilities were lost in what to put in the available six episodes. I'm glad we got something to finish the story off at least and the ending with Keira seeing her son was an ending you'd expect from the show. Sad but hopeful, everyone was living in a hopeful future instead of the oppressive future she originally came from.

I will miss this show too, miss not seeing Vancouver starring as itself too. It made a nice change from having to believe familiar sights are another city somewhere in the world or universe!
    Intriguing...If it was popular in Canada...IDK why they dropped the show.

On another note...I've see Rachel Nichols in Chicago Fire. She looks different as a blonde.

Captain

I don't know if this is the case here but sometimes 'new blood' don't like 'old guard' legacy and dump it for no other reason that their predecessor bought it to life, perhaps there was a change at the top of Showcase and the new boss didn't like the show.

Hmmm...that is a theory...but I don't see why they'd want to bite the hand that feeds them!

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Hmmm...that is a theory...but I don't see why they'd want to bite the hand that feeds them!
    Never underestimate the stupidity of executives.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Angry Re: Final Hour (406)

It is such a shame this show ended early. And I kind of expected a bittersweet ending!!!Hope Rachel have another Sci-fi TV show!!!! She is one of the kind beauty that can pull off as a blonde, a brunette/black and a ginger/red!!!!I really don't know why Syfy call themselves Syfy any more??????

Quote Originally Posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Intriguing...If it was popular in Canada...IDK why they dropped the show.

On another note...I've see Rachel Nichols in Chicago Fire. She looks different as a blonde.
    Yup!! me too!!!And Show off her hot body figure in Chicago Fire!!!(Sorry!!)
    P.S. She is a natural blonde!!!! And have math and Econ Degrees from Columbia !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yukin1990 View Post
    It is such a shame this show ended early. And I kind of expected a bittersweet ending!!!Hope Rachel have another Sci-fi TV show!!!! She is one of the kind beauty that can pull off as a blonde, a brunette/black and a ginger/red!!!!I really don't know why Syfy call themselves Syfy any more??????

Yup!! me too!!!And Show off her hot body figure in Chicago Fire!!!(Sorry!!)
    P.S. She is a natural blonde!!!! And have math and Econ Degrees from Columbia !!!!
    I wonder how long she'll be on Chicago Fire? I hope she's there for a while!

It was a great show, and a good ending all things considered.

I would have loved too see all the seven (or was it eight?) seasons that the writers had planned.

There's an interesting interview with the writer Simon Barry, here:
    http://www.blastr.com/2015-10-19/exc...and-whats-next

Good article. Thanks for posting it.

I believe the original plan was for 7 seasons.

Second Lieutenant

Is this the thread where everyone who has seen the end hangs out and it's all pre-spoiled so I don't have to use Spoiler Tags?

Well anyway. Was the ending happy or does Kiera end up in a mental institution within the next year?

Who saw this end coming? It's not that I didn't give thought to what sort of time travel and uni-verse vs multi-verse theory the show was presenting but I just let myself be led along and so the ending still caught me by surprise and I absolutely adore that! That's why it's best to not be hanging out in fan forums discussing a series while it's still in progress and best to avoid TV previews or anything that could possibly spoil or partly spoil. I don't even read the little Netflix or TV guide blurbs about any episode.

Well, anyway, this series was too good to have been a Canada only affair. I thought the writing was excellent and better than Dark Matter, but Dark Matter has space-ships and that is weirdly difficult to find these days.

So there's my 2 cents and now I can disappear for another 5 years. I have ADD. Just wanna find another great SciFi show to watch now. I guess after SG-1 and BSG, I can longer find the strength to bawl over cancellations. Just bring me some new Sci-Fi . It doesn't even have to be all that good. It's just that my Netflix isn't keeping up with my viewing requirements.
    My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-S View Post
    That's a much simpler explanation

That might also explain why the original past they went to collapsed eventually (it was the original arrival timeline wasn't it?), because Alex went to the second timeline to rescue Emily, and Kellogg's grandmother had been killed, nether Kellogg nor Alec were there to create the futures so the timeline ended, as Doctor Whowould say, both Alec and Kellogg were fixed points in time vital to the timeline etc.

Remember after Alex went back one week to save Emily, Kiera remained in the same timeline for a day or so but it was visibly collapsing / self-destructing. This raises the question. Does a timeline automatically collapse as soon as backwards time travel is executed? Brad's timeline seemed to remain in place until Kellog walked through the portal and was transported to the ancient past, so now one has to posit that only timelines where significant corruption of history by means of time-travel has occured undergo total collapse.

If the timeline you backwards time-travel in can suffer total collapse and consign billions of people to horrifying and painful deaths, then time-travel should be considered the most heinous crime possible. The thing is, I'm not sure if we're talking about a tree that lives with multiple viable branches where only some branches that have experienced major corruption die off or a tree where only one branch ultimately survives.
    My Twit-name (@fwupow) is the same!

I'm going to miss this show. The ending really was bittersweet. I was kind of hoping that future Alex would send her back to 2015 (or the time she left from). Because it's kind of sad that she does see her son again, but he isn't really her son. She can't just go to him.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    I'm going to miss this show. The ending really was bittersweet. I was kind of hoping that future Alex would send her back to 2015 (or the time she left from). Because it's kind of sad that she does see her son again, but he isn't really her son. She can't just go to him.
    But if she did go back, it would probably have caused more changes, and she couldn't be sure if it would affect her son's life, not to mention the path that Carlos was on that lead him to be very important to the future world in which she now resides.