This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's weaker moments . . .

I love Jack's character. I think he's played well by Richard Dean and written well by the writers. I like the fact that Jack can be strong and passionate when warrented but yet light and funny the rest of the time.

So out of mere curiosity; when do you think some of Jack's weaker moments were? While I myself am a shipper I am not really 'just' talking about when he's been weak around Sam! (However those comments are welcome as well!)

In the season 6 episode Abyss where he was killed over and over again comes to mind, great acting by RDA! But what comes to your mind when you think of some of the 'weaker moments' of Jack O'neill?

Please be cautious in what you say and do not ruin anything for those of us who have not seen the current seasons episodes airing in the states. I'm staying out of the shipper thread till the season is over just for that reason! Also I realize that what one person may see as a weakness another may see as a strength but I'd like to see what people think . . .

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
    I love Jack's character. I think he's played well by Richard Dean and written well by the writers. I like the fact that Jack can be strong and passionate when warrented but yet light and funny the rest of the time.

So out of mere curiosity; when do you think some of Jack's weaker moments were? While I myself am a shipper I am not really 'just' talking about when he's been weak around Sam! (However those comments are welcome as well!)

In the season 6 episode Abyss where he was killed over and over again comes to mind, great acting by RDA! But what comes to your mind when you think of some of the 'weaker moments' of Jack O'neill?

Please be cautious in what you say and do not ruin anything for those of us who have not seen the current seasons episodes airing in the states. I'm staying out of the shipper thread till the season is over just for that reason! Also I realize that what one person may see as a weakness another may see as a strength but I'd like to see what people think . . .
    I think one weaker moment maybe related to when in "Cold Lazarus" he had the chance to say bye to his son one last time. Not a weak weak moment, but you could see how he missed his son.

Comment

1. Letting Nurti go.
      2. Taking the Orbanian girl to school.
      3. Almost getting in bed with the Eurondan clone people in the Other Side.
      4. Letting Carter have her way in Gemini. Duh.
      5. Endgame: Letting the NID guys go.
      6. Not blowing up the Abydos gate in the movie.
      7. Not nuking the robots from Tin Man when he got home.
      8. Literally getting into bed with the CIA woman. Morally dubious as McKay said in SGA.
      Last edited by Livi2Jack; 26 February 2005, 11:05 AM.
      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Probably when he wanted some of Teal'c ice cream. LOL! Or would that be Teal'c's weak moment?
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I think one of Jack weaker moments is definetely in "Abyss". Especially the part where he tells Daniel that he'll tell Ba'al everything he wants to know. He was really vunerable there. Also, in the episode "Message in a bottle". He was really hurting there too.

Comment

Into the Fire after when he gets the snake put into him and then again after he kills Hathor and holds onto Carter so tightly, like he was never going to let her go.

On the balcony with Daniel in The Light; frightened with no idea how to help.

Holiday when Machello's little bugs go into him and he begins to lose his mind.

These are three times when I felt he was very vulnerable with little or no control over the situation.
            sigpic

Comment

Jack's weaker moments are RDA's strongest moments. I like RDA as an actor but I like him when he's vulnerable more than when he's the typical "colonel" type character.

Comment

How about in 'upgrades', where Jack isn't willing to leave sam behind despite her insitence on him doing so. He just 'cared about her a lot more than he was supposed to', to coin a phrase.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  How about in 'upgrades', where Jack isn't willing to leave sam behind despite her insitence on him doing so. He just 'cared about her a lot more than he was supposed to', to coin a phrase.
                  That is a great one!
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say when he was ready to give up and do whatever Ba'al wanted and then also when he shot the mother of all replicators (can't remember the episode name) out of fear...

Oh, and also when he made Sam lie to Fifth... Who knows how that could have turned out if Fifth had gone with them and developed positive emotions rather than stewing in his own venomous hatred of Sam for betraying him...
                    Last edited by Uber; 25 February 2005, 07:05 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I would have to say 'A Hundred Days' when he thinks that he will never get to go home.
                      If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X