• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man Who Saved Central City (201)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON TWO
    THE MAN WHO SAVED CENTRAL CITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 201
    Months after having saved the city Barry Allen has isolated himself from his friends, holding a silent guilt over the prices paid. But when a meta-human assassin targets the Flash, his friends rally to help him. Meanwhile, Barry receives a life-changing message from Harrison Wells.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 06 October 2015, 10:09 PM.

This was a great start. A little disjointed perhaps but this episode was a lot more about emotion than anything else. I'm definitely thinking TPTB are putting Barry and Caitlin together now though. Which is good. They have great chemistry together.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

No one ever says it so I am going to say it, I love Joe as a character. Between this episode and Season 1 I have always loved seeing him care for Barry as much as he was his own son.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        No one ever says it so I am going to say it, I love Joe as a character. Between this episode and Season 1 I have always loved seeing him care for Barry as much as he was his own son.
        I agree. I'd argue he's actually one of the best father figures on TV.

Comment

I just sort of found it strange that they kind of ...

Spoiler:
          dropped the threads in season 1 so quickly with Firestorm and Eddie. I'd expected, with all that time-travelling and all that these people would be back in some capacity. But it felt like TPTB have completely moved away from that with the introduction of Jay Garrick at the end.

*Do I need spoilers in this thread here?
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

No tags needed here, unless talking about future episodes...

Interesting start to the season, wonder how long it will take to see Ronnie again.

Also, I agree about Joe, great character!

Comment

I am so glad The Flash is back. I agree with other comments about the episode seeming disjointed. However, do you think it was intentionally made that way?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                This was a great start. A little disjointed perhaps but this episode was a lot more about emotion than anything else. I'm definitely thinking TPTB are putting Barry and Caitlin together now though. Which is good. They have great chemistry together.
                It was disjointed a little. It would have been nice to have had the full 'closing of the blackhole, THEN skip to 6 months later, rather than skip back and forth..
                BUT i like that barry is doing what he can to repair buildings damaged in the night time.. but i didn't like it that the team seemed to splinter up..

Also, what was the point of Cisco doing those security upgrades if Garret could just walk in like that..>?

As to Catlin and firestorm, i wonder how is he going to return since he IS in legends of tomorrow..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I agree. I'd argue he's actually one of the best father figures on TV.
                And between him and Barry's father, Barry is imo one of the best loved characters as far as family goes..

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post

Spoiler:
                  dropped the threads in season 1 so quickly with Firestorm and Eddie. I'd expected, with all that time-travelling and all that these people would be back in some capacity. But it felt like TPTB have completely moved away from that with the introduction of Jay Garrick at the end.

I think the specific issues you mentioned were due to actor availability. There's nothing saying they can't come back later.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  Also, what was the point of Cisco doing those security upgrades if Garret could just walk in like that..>?
                  They didn't know there were any other speedsters out there, so their security probably wasn't designed with that in mind.

Comment

I liked the episode overall except for switching between time frames. Cisco reacting after the other flash walks in after he just got done explaining all his upgrades was one of my favorite lines along with when he and Joe at Flash Day before Atom Smasher showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      ...As to Catlin and firestorm, i wonder how is he going to return since he IS in legends of tomorrow..
                      Originally posted by Ikorni View Post

Spoiler:

These will be addressed latr in the season.
                      Spoiler:
                      Some of the characters from last season will, actually, return. Harrison Wells and Eddie Thawn are supposed to return at some point. And, in regards to Firestorm, there's going to be a new person joining with Martin Stein in the Firestorm Matrix.

If you're looking for some great information about The Flash (along with most of the great comic book shows and movies) check out Emergency Awesome on youtube. Charlie does videos for every episode and puts out great and entertaining information there.
                      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

IDK but I think Atom Smasher may have been a little on the Edge, not being able to Cope from all the radiation he was absorbing

You Think You Know Me
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Since I think episode 4 I've been seeing them as a much more apt couple than What's-Her-Face ever was. But the whole Ronnie thing kinda threw a wrench in that idea. I'd rather them avoid a triangle as much as possible. However, I do like how Arrow pulled a fast one on us.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

Since I think episode 4 I've been seeing them as a much more apt couple than What's-Her-Face ever was. But the whole Ronnie thing kinda threw a wrench in that idea. I'd rather them avoid a triangle as much as possible. However, I do like how Arrow pulled a fast one on us.
                            Well that's the thing. In the comics Green Arrow and Black Canary are supposed to be a couple, which is clearly what they were going for in the first season, but changed their mind based on the chemistry between Oliver and Felicity. I'm hoping they'll make the same choice now.

Comment

Well that's the thing. In the comics Green Arrow and Black Canary are supposed to be a couple, which is clearly what they were going for in the first season, but changed their mind based on the chemistry between Oliver and Felicity. I'm hoping they'll make the same choice now.

I think that's also what made it work well. I don't like the trope of having the character end up with their first love interest (except it kinda worked on How I Met Your Mother). Real life doesn't always work that way and it's nice to see that on TV from time to time. Which is also why I hated that Lana Lang was around so long in Smallville. I never liked Berry being with...I honestly don't recall her name and am too lazy to google
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X