Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GATECON & LEGENDS : THE HOMECOMING with RICHARD DEAN ANDERSON 2016

Hi all,
    we have just announced our plans and dates and venue for a return to Vancouver in 2016 after a four year break.

I'll organise this thread properly later today, but for now just wanted to give you the basics:

8th - 12th September 2016
    The Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel

Richard Dean Anderson
    Amanda Tapping
    Michael Shanks

with more guest announcements coming soon,
    Richard

http://www.gatecon.com
    http://www.gatecon.com/forum (more detailed info on the forum)

Thank you...looking forward to coming with a bit of luck and some judicious saving...
    sigpic
    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

This is fantastic news! Gatecon back in Vancouver! In September too, it's the nicest time of the year here, my favourite month weather wise. I'm not going to miss this! And SG-1 already on the guest list, just get Teal'c and we have the band back together again, how awesome is that!

Comment

I may just have to sign up to go to this. It's just across the border from near where I live.

Comment

It's about time!

sigpic
          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

This sounds really exciting; unfortunately I can't make it in 2016 due to other commitments, but do you guys think it's likely that they'll do another con in 2017 if this one is a success or does it sound like a one-time thing?
            Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

We would really like to get back to doing them annually, rather than taking another four year break..four years with no Vancouver trips is not funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecon View Post
                We would really like to get back to doing them annually, rather than taking another four year break..four years with no Vancouver trips is not funny.
                Indeed, it just didn't seem right that there were no Stargate conventions going on in Vancouver! I had to go to Chicago last year to get my Stargate con fix, a shock for the poor bank balance with the added costs of air fare and hotel for me. I've been spoiled for too long having Stargate conventions on my door step.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  Indeed, it just didn't seem right that there were no Stargate conventions going on in Vancouver! I had to go to Chicago last year to get my Stargate con fix, a shock for the poor bank balance with the added costs of air fare and hotel for me. I've been spoiled for too long having Stargate conventions on my door step.
                  I'm going to have the opposite problem than you with Vancouver - Chicago's the much more affordable place for me, very close to Michigan. Plus, Vancouver hotel costs are so high! Still, i'm excited to hear that Gatecon's trying to start a tradition of doing conventions again - I would love to go to a Stargate con in Vancouver at least once. I know this is early to ask but I did mention that I plan ahead obsessively...when do you think it'll become clearer whether you'll be able to do a con past 2016 or not?
                  Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

If I win the lottery at some point in the next 12 months I'll be in attendance...If not I'll be wishing you all the best from Scotland!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Yeah, now I know what I am going to do with some of my vacation time!!!
                      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

hey krisz, ive sent an email to starwander to see if she has seen the news yet, might be making a return trip for this one...6 years is just wayy to long!
                        thephoenix77

Comment

hey sugarshaker - nice to see you again... and maybe we actually will! woot woot!
                          thephoenix77

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                            If I win the lottery at some point in the next 12 months I'll be in attendance...If not I'll be wishing you all the best from Scotland!
                            If I win the lottery (Euromillions at least) it will be free Gatecon tickets for everyone!

Comment

I guess after we launch ticket sales. If we sell out in 20 minutes like we did last time we had RDA then things would be looking very good for a repeat performance.

Comment

Working...
                              X