The Witch's Familiar (3502 / 902)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Witch's Familiar (3502 / 902)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    THE WITCH'S FAMILIAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3502 (902)
    The Doctor finds himself trapped alone inside the heart of the Dalek homeworld, with Davros enacting a final revenge at the end of his bitter life. Meanwhile Missy comes up with a wild plan for her and Clara to infiltrate the city.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 September 2015, 09:50 PM.

Okay, I enjoyed that a lot more than last week's episode, despite a few flaws. The ending felt a bit too convenient and contrived, but Missy was perfect. To some extent I do wish Davros hadn't been tricking the Doctor, but it was still an interesting enough story.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Pretty good episode, looking forward to seeing what the consequences are for the season...

Comment

So... How much regeneration energy did Davros take?

I really wanted him to save Davros They seemed more like old friends than enemies. ..And there was no way they were really going to let Davros die

Not sure what I think about the sunglasses replacing the screwdriver..
        Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 26 September 2015, 12:19 PM.

Comment

OMFG! That was amazing! One of the strongest episodes ever! They completely sold me on Davros redemption, and my heart was breaking for him... and then...

Curse his sudden but inevitable betrayal!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

*shakes cane at Davros*

Noo!! You can't let Davros die! Doctor! You must save him! ..Then when the Doctor offered regeneration energy and the eye lit up again.. !

I thought Davros lost his eyes? And that was why he needed the one in his forehead to see.. So I was a little surprised to hear him say he wanted to see the Doctor with his real eyes. Then I thought it was a trap to get the Doctor as close as possible for whatever evil scheme he had planned.. Then when it wasn't, I was sold on the Davros redemption thing too..

Comment

The interesting thing is that I'm not entirely sure Davros was entirely lying through any of his act. Oh yes for sure he wanted to deceive the Doctor and steal his regeneration energy, but I think he was also being sincere about a few things.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I didn't buy Davros' act for a moment. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop the entire time.
                Rather good episode overall, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  I didn't buy Davros' act for a moment. I was waiting for the other shoe to drop the entire time.
                  Rather good episode overall, though.
                  And then the shoe-dropping tax, I'm sure

Davros and the Doctor were like old friends reminiscing over the good old days.. It didn't seem at all unreasonable for the Doctor to offer to help him see one last sunrise before he died.

Comment

There's so much to like in this episode...

Part 1 7/10
                    Part 2 8/10

Missy was awesome. The Doctor was even more awesome.

Don't forget the whole twist on Emperor Palpatine and "strike me down, use your hate" from Return Of The Jedi..

OMG this was still a good episode despite that. Moffat steals ideas from everywhere haha..

Davros is like every Bond villian. Bond has ample chance to kill them but he never does.

The sewers and spare chair are both references to "curse of the fatal death"

With the Timelord energy does that mean that Davros and everyone now know where Galifrey is, and the prophecy of the hybrid is come true? Was that really why the Doctor ran away from Galifrey all those years ago? Or was it something else like the humanoid/TARDIS hybrid that they were scared of?

BTW does anyone know what the actual skating thing is that the snake guy was using to glide on in part 1? They showed it in the extras but it was very, very quick glimpse and you miss it? In the extras the actor said he was using it in a park to practice gliding....
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The whole language thing was a cop out. In "asylum" Clara Dalek had no trouble talking and now she does? Get out of here.
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        There's so much to like in this episode...

Part 1 7/10
                        Part 2 8/10

Missy was awesome. The Doctor was even more awesome.

Don't forget the whole twist on Emperor Palpatine and "strike me down, use your hate" from Return Of The Jedi..

OMG this was still a good episode despite that. Moffat steals ideas from everywhere haha..

Davros is like every Bond villian. Bond has ample chance to kill them but he never does.

The sewers and spare chair are both references to "curse of the fatal death"

With the Timelord energy does that mean that Davros and everyone now know where Galifrey is, and the prophecy of the hybrid is come true? Was that really why the Doctor ran away from Galifrey all those years ago? Or was it something else like the humanoid/TARDIS hybrid that they were scared of?

BTW does anyone know what the actual skating thing is that the snake guy was using to glide on in part 1? They showed it in the extras but it was very, very quick glimpse and you miss it? In the extras the actor said he was using it in a park to practice gliding....
                        I believe it may have been a special rig designed for him.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        The whole language thing was a cop out. In "asylum" Clara Dalek had no trouble talking and now she does? Get out of here.
                        That was a special case though. Oswin wasn't just another person but the result of Clara slipping through time with the singular goal of saving the Doctor. That was part of the reason why she was able to keep her individuality at all.

Additionally, keep in mind that Missy was the one that rigged Clara into the Dalek in the first place, and by all appearances she was intentionally trying to get clara killed.

Comment

So when Clara was slipt through time, do you think she is secretly saving to Doctor now. I wonder if Missy knows that happened?
                          "You don't know half of it".
                          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                            So when Clara was slipt through time, do you think she is secretly saving to Doctor now. I wonder if Missy knows that happened?
                            You never know. It could be possible. Personally I always thought it a bit of a missed opportunity that she hasn't met another version of herself out there because of it... Never know. It might still happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              And then the shoe-dropping tax, I'm sure
                              Shush, some damn politician will hear you and come up with one.

Comment

Working...
                              X