The Magician's Apprentice (3501 / 901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Magician's Apprentice (3501 / 901)

Visit the Episode GuideDOCTOR WHO - SEASON 35 (9)
    THE MAGICIAN'S APPRENTICE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 3501 (901)
    An incident in the skies over the Earth forces Clara to join Missy in a search for the Doctor, who has become convinced that he will not survive a final encounter with an enemy from his past.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 September 2015, 12:41 AM.

Ummm, what? Lol

Shame some bits were spoiled, but definately need to watch that again...

Very good start to the season though and looking forward to the conclusion...

If this is the first episode and its like this, I have high hopes for the season and the finale...

Comment

Good beginning... good end..

The bit in the middle with the guitar and the tank..

Still there were more aliens than we usually get, and locations outside Earth so that was good too

But the guitar and the tank..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        Good beginning... good end..

The bit in the middle with the guitar and the tank..

Still there were more aliens than we usually get, and locations outside Earth so that was good too

But the guitar and the tank..
        Haha, I was thinking that... Slight bit cheesy.

So, how are they going to get out of this do you think?
        Last edited by Teddybrown; 19 September 2015, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Well, they're not dead, it was too quick.

He can't kill child Davros, because then the Daleks won't exist and it would undo everything that has ever happened..

And old Davros probably won't die.. because he's Davros and he never really dies.. so.. Dalek teleport beams to somewhere else in the building? The Doctor uses what he thinks is a Dalek weapon on young Davros.. he teleports and The Doctor realising what happened tracks young Davros's location and finds Clara and Missy?

Comment

Well I'm still thinking that the Doctor and/or Clara still have dream crabs stuck to their faces.

It's all a bit weird.

Clara is teaching, the planes stop, UNIT calls and she takes the afternoon off to go & sort it all out... by herself???

The Doctor is behaving very oddly as well, and then like you say, the guitar and the tank.

And now the Doctor has no screwdriver, no TARDIS, everyone is dead and he is going to kill a child?

I think there is something very odd about all of this. I need to watch it again.

BTW Clara thinks that Jane Austen is a good kisser? Have they had a snog or something?

Comment

Hmm. I can't give an honest or complete opinion because I had to keep dashing to the kitchen to check on my stubbornly slow cooking enchiladas but the overall impression I had of the episode can be summed up in two words: uh, what?

I think I'll need to watch it again on iPlayer before I can comment properly, though I doubt this will change my opinion much.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

What was the point of stationing the UNIT snipers so close to Missy, that they were practically within pistol range?

Surely the whole point of a sniper is that they shoot someone from far, far away?

In fact, the current record for a confirmed kill by a sniper stands at 2707 yards, just over a mile and a half.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

"You so fine" Missy - absolutely f***ing awesome.
                  Guitar & tank - f***ing cool.
                  Child Davros & old Davros - f***ing super cool.

Super excited for the show to be back!
                  sigpic

Comment

How Jenna Coleman managed to keep a straight face while Michelle Gomez is acting crazy, I have no idea...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I must say I just love Michelle Gomez. My favourite Master is still Roger Delgado, but she is a very close second.

Comment

Weird, in a good way.
                        I think the snipers were out of site, still 8 after the 2 were vaporised, likely snipers plus other personel.
                        Have no idea how this story will go.
                        Can't kill Davros, can't save him.
                        Tank and guitar were cool!

Comment

Dark Lord of Skaro and a whole lot of sinister snakes... when did this crossover with Harry Potter?

"You're the puppy"

Missy, you are indeed so fine. Best thing about this episode ("Oh wait, Davros is your arch-enemy now? I'll scratch his eye out").

Oh I am really tired of the egomaniac needy game player bossy control freak. New companion (who isn't full of herself) please!

At what point did Clara's hands become untied?

Hmm, better second time around but still a tad underwhelmed, though at least I have some interest in next week's episode now.
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Interesting that the 'Prologue' seems to have taken place during the episode -- ie: between the young Davros bit and the rest of the episode. Still haven't seen "The Doctor's Meditation" so I'll have to see how that works.

This if the first time I've not loathed Missy. I am as surprised as I am impressed. Every time she was on screen last year I was hoping she'd die or regenerate--either way, for Michelle Gomez to never return. But after this one, I am sufficiently impressed that I hope she sticks around. For me, that's an incredible 180.

Clara seemed...older. Not physically, just in the way she carried herself and responded to things. No doubt this comes from time with Doctor (particularly last year), but I thought it was a nice touch.

Unless I missed it, there was no explanation of how Davros escaped the Medusa Cascade?

Lovely to see/hear all the clips of the previous Doctors. Excellent touch. I kept hoping for an audio clip from a Big Finish story, but don't think there was one. Oh well.

I wonder how much the conclusion influences Davros's aggression growing up.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ok... so that was a surprisingly awesome episode of Doctor Who. Those who know me will recall I was getting disillusioned with televised Who and finding more and more that I preferred to get my Who-Fix from the Big Finish Productions audio dramas (which are amazing)... I felt that Series 8 of Doctor Who just wasn't up to scratch for the most part... but the premier of Series 9 was spectacular. In almost every way. An excellent return to form with some wonderful hark backs to the classic series that made me positively fanboy with delight.

LOVED THE TANK!

Also... may have gotten too excited about Clara and Jane... (not THAT excited, mind...)

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X