• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Hours (401)

Visit the Episode GuideCONTINUUM - SEASON FOUR
    LOST HOURS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 401
    After a strike team with advanced weaponry arrives from the future, Brad joins their group in the hopes of gaining their trust. A vision of the future reignites Kiera's determination to return home to her family, and Alec draws Kellog's ire by hacking Piron.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 16 September 2015, 09:09 PM.

Huh. I'm kind of surprised that Kiera WANTS to go back to her future for her son. I know as a mom, I'd be conflicted. I know that the possibility could be that my son would never be born in a new future. However would I want my son to be in the old future? Would I risk a new future and the possibility that he wouldn't be born?

Or I could think like Bryan Singer and say that yes not only would you be born but a decade sooner also! This is in regards to ArchAngel showing up in the 3rd rebooted X-Men movie when he'd already has been in the original trilogy and the ages just aren't matching up.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

One or more of the writers hates Kiera..
      Spoiler:
      That dream sequence at the start must have been hell for Kiera to wake up from.

Comment

It's nice to see everyone again, even though it was a little confusing. Keira's dream sequence was interesting, her desire to return to her future is still there and it was sad to see that the trauma she suffered made her go to that place that probably no longer exists. Given what we've seen of those future soldiers, the future is no longer what Keira remembers, so it does seem odd that she has a sudden urge to go back there at any cost.

Kellog is getting more and more evil, soon he'll have a mustache to twirl!

I guess now we watch as all these protagonists try to create the future they want in the present.

Comment

I do hope the dream sequence isn't a foreshadowing of how the series will end, I.e. that the entire series has been the simulation and she's still in the future tucked up in bed, that would be a major letdown.

The series already ignored the granfather paradox when they killed off Kellogg's gran(?), so it's entirely plausible she will be sent home as they seem to be employing the theory of parallel timelines that can interact with each other, especially after the closing scene in the second episode (I won't say more so can the thread be unlocked?) And those future soldiors.

Take it from me, married to a devoted mother, a mother would do anything for their child, there would be no confliction about going back if it were possible, she would do it even if it meant destroying everything in her 'present'.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode...I'm eager to see how they wrap things up. As of right now, it looks like they're nowhere near wrapping things up!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              I do hope the dream sequence isn't a foreshadowing of how the series will end, I.e. that the entire series has been the simulation and she's still in the future tucked up in bed, that would be a major letdown.

The series already ignored the granfather paradox when they killed off Kellogg's gran(?), so it's entirely plausible she will be sent home as they seem to be employing the theory of parallel timelines that can interact with each other, especially after the closing scene in the second episode (I won't say more so can the thread be unlocked?) And those future soldiors.

Take it from me, married to a devoted mother, a mother would do anything for their child, there would be no confliction about going back if it were possible, she would do it even if it meant destroying everything in her 'present'.
              Well I am a devoted mother to 2. I just wonder if I'd want to doom humanity just so I be with my kids again. I guess if I felt I could change things in the future I could. It's an awful paradox to deal with.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

With all the screwing around with the timeline(s) has already happened, she can't be sure there even is a path that will bring her "original" future in 2077 back. And if she makes a choice to abandon the current time & focus on going home, will she be bringing an even worse future into being that her kids, if they exist, would have to live in? Her family might be facing the same risks as everyone else based upon her choices.

I don't think that I'd take a total crapshoot in her situation; I'd make the choice that I know the most about if it looks like it might make a livable future.

Comment

Yeah I guess it's a bit different when it comes to time, I thought she'd given up on going 'home' anyway and was settling down with Ryan Robbins's character at Jack's Cabin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

I agree...anytime I've seen the, "Oh I've been asleep for the entire series or even a season..." it is disappointing!
                    sigpic

Comment

Apparantly the show started airing in the UK weeks ago...I have some catching up to do...

1. The coma scene reminded me of S3 of Ashes to Ashes, another time travel show(sort of).

2. Interesting that that's re-motivated Kiera to try and get home though...

3. Brad's with Kiera and crew...no questions asked.

4. So...that's older Kellogg in the hologram?

Good to have this show back for one last run!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Suggestion, if it applies to your situation.
                        Don't start in the middle. If you've just found this, go back to S1E1.

Comment

It does not apply to my situation.
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                          X