Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fic series: Your eyes turned skywards (SGA, AU, John/Sam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fic series: Your eyes turned skywards (SGA, AU, John/Sam)

Although this series was started a few years back, I thought that it might be time to give it a thread here so as to be able to provide progress reports for those who might be interested. And maybe add some fanart as well just to spice things up...

Inspired by Leonardo da Vinci's quotations.
    Premise: AU from season 4, episode 11: "Be All My Sins Remember'd".
    Key words: Apoca!fic. Stargate Atlantis. Alternate universe.
    Main pairing: John/Sam.
    Warning: Character death, mature themes (in YETS), slow updates

YOUR EYES TURNED SKYWARDS (Mature)

youreyesturnedskywards.jpg

Summary:
    "The plan had failed. John didn't know how, but somehow it'd failed. Instead of taking the Asurans with their pants down, the Replicator humanoids had stood ready. ... It'd been a massacre."

Find the story here:
    AO3
    FF

THEY WHOSE HEART IS FIRM (Teen)

They Whose Heart is Firm.jpg
    Summary:
    "Seven years of peace ended on a chilling autumn night."

Sequel to "Your Eyes Turned Skywards". Starts 7-8 years after BAMSR, SGA 4x11.

Find the story here:
    AO3
    FF

Last edited by neela; 06 September 2015, 11:01 AM.
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."
    Earth is gone, but Atlantis must survive... Apoca!fic. Post-Season 5. John/Sam.

Progress report September 2015:
    Chapter 3 of TWHIF is more or less done, but I'm holding off on uploading the chapter until I've worked out some kinks in the future storyline.

All in all, it looks like TWHIF will be about eight-nine chapters at this point, plus an epilogue. I will endeavour to keep it at that approximate length and not delve into SCOAFF length...

That being said, I've already warned readers on AO3 and FF that this is not a story that is regularly updated. Previously, updates were slow due to the amount of work I put into SCOAFF, which is now complete, but there is still real life to consider. (As a teacher, I already read/write a lot every day...though if someone volunteers to handle my stacks of student essays, I'll probably speed up the fic writing process tenfold. )
    "If I should die, think only this of me: / That there's some corner of a foreign field / That is forever [Earth]."

Comment

Chapter 3 of "They Whose Heart is Firm" has been updated. Now off to work on chapter 4...

Comment

Working...
      X