Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Dark Matter Renewed! What do you want to see in Season 2?

I'm glad that we are getting a second season of Dark Matter, it's the interaction between all the characters that makes this show great to save me a lot of typing i'll post links to my favourite parts from various episodes.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14376245
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14380300
    http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14383394

I haven't seen episode 13 yet so no spoilers please.

There is a separate folder in which each episode can be discussed separately. All "spoilers" can be discussed openly in the folder for each episode. Thus, Episode 13 has it's own folder, so people can make as many spoilers in that file as they want to.

I liked this show and Killjoys, but mostly I was just happy to have some sci fi programming to watch on Friday nights again.

For season two of Dark Matter I'd like to see more universe building, learn more about the combines, and their politics. I'd like to know if Two has a built in shortened life span like the replicants in Blade Runner, and of course why she was created, although it may have something to do with experimentation to prolong the bed ridden villains life.

Since android is becoming a part of the crew, how about a name for her. Seven comes to mind first, but people elsewhere have noted that's too reminiscent of Seven of Nine, especially if they were to add two more crew members.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ecgordon View Post
    I'm sort of on the fence about it. I wasn't overly impressed with either DM or Killjoys, and wouldn't have been upset if neither had been renewed. I don't begrudge anyone else liking them though. It's just that it seems a lot of people were so happy to see a space-based show back they were willing to overlook some faults just to be able to watch the type of show they like. Personally, I'm looking forward to The Expanse, and if it turns out as good as I hope I would much rather they put money into making it even better, rather than support other shows that didn't quite hit the mark.
    the only problem with that I have what does one have to do with other 2 that's all and the person who is saying it deserved to be canceled whatever

I hope we learn more backstory on characters and more universe building
    Last edited by poundpuppy29; September 2nd, 2015 at 05:52 PM.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

What would I like to see more of next season?

World-building, as some people have mentioned; seeing the characters bond more outside of the ship (due to current, spoilerific circumstances); and... oh, probably more politics, which might come with the world-building.

I'd love to see Torri and David again, for one.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

I'm glad Dark Matter was renewed along with Killjoys. Although I haven't been following Killjoys but that was due to a time constraint-I work a lot and often can't catch the shows live,so I can't take on too many shows. However since some of my summer Scifi shows are not coming back(Under the Dome, Falling skies) I plan to catch up on Killjoys and watch it next season.
    As for what I would like to see, more about the corporations, more universe-(world)building,
    How far in the future is this set? What part of the galaxy is now inhabited, ect.
    of course I'm assuming we will learn little by little more about each character next season.

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

There are some users here that seem to pretty much be here only to make sure the whole world knows how much they hate the shows or networks they often state they aren't watching.

Tiresome to read but not against the rules.

If any user is tired of the repetative complaining, the forum has a feature where you can ignore a poster. When a person is on ignore all you see is their name in the thread but not the content of the post. I have personally found, in the past, that muting certain users does help to improve the forum experience. Best of both worlds, they're allowed to have their say, you're freed from needing to scroll past it.

Here are the instructions on how to ignore someone.

How do I ignore another user?
    Go to the "My Controls" option, and then click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists" to edit your Ignore List. You can also add another member to your Ignore List from his or her Proile page. Forum moderators cannot be ignored.

I will say, putting my mod hat on, if there's a user that annoys you and you refuse to ignore them and instead engage and it makes a continual tense situation....if the general 'you' is not willing to ignore someone, then stop complaining about their posts. Because - the general you - have a means to not see the posts.

I have personally found that many of the perpetual complainers over the years simply want attention or to make sure everyone knows their feelings, puttng them on ignore kinda thwarts that. So it's a nice passive way to simply free yourself of having to deal with it.

Second Lieutenant

You're free to ignore me if you like, although you may have been referring to that other guy who was criticizing the show. I watched all of the episodes of both shows, LIVE, which is something I haven't done very much the past few years. I think that entitles me to an opinion. Do you really want a forum where it's nothing but, "Oh, WOW! Great show! Love it!"

If so, have fun with that.

Second Lieutenant
    10.000 light years from Earth and going farther

I don't know who are these people who according to the moderator are haters who allways are complaining etc. If someone wants to ignore my posts no problem with me. If some people can't tolerate different opinions then you are wellcome to do a "discussion" where everyone will say "what a great show". Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
    What would I like to see more of next season?

World-building, as some people have mentioned; seeing the characters bond more outside of the ship (due to current, spoilerific circumstances); and... oh, probably more politics, which might come with the world-building.

I'd love to see Torri and David again, for one.
    ^That's exactly what I'd like to see more of next season. Especially the world-building, since it really seems to be lacking on the show. I want to see more of the world outside of the ship and the universe that these characters live in fleshed out.

Easy for me

1. No more than 0% Wil Wheaton
    2. Ways to introduce dialogue scenes that isn't "Character A is doing something and Character B interrupts them" and the famous walk and talk.
    3. Replace the writing staff with people who can go beyond making each character a Sci-Fi stereotype
    4. Don't go down the inevitable road where the Robot begins to develop feelings
    5. Obliterate almost all the character backstories, in particular the discount Han Solo.
    7. Either kill off One or completely write out his character with no explanation at all.
    8. If you can't obliterate the backstories, find better ways to explore it than "Dude you have to go inside his brain, just be careful, there might be exposition inside"
    Tst

Quote Originally Posted by spinny magee View Post
    Easy for me

1. No more than 0% Wil Wheaton
    2. Ways to introduce dialogue scenes that isn't "Character A is doing something and Character B interrupts them" and the famous walk and talk.
    3. Replace the writing staff with people who can go beyond making each character a Sci-Fi stereotype
    4. Don't go down the inevitable road where the Robot begins to develop feelings
    5. Obliterate almost all the character backstories, in particular the discount Han Solo.
    7. Either kill off One or completely write out his character with no explanation at all.
    8. If you can't obliterate the backstories, find better ways to explore it than "Dude you have to go inside his brain, just be careful, there might be exposition inside"
    Which one is the "discount" Han Solo?

Quote Originally Posted by pakar View Post
    I don't know who are these people who according to the moderator are haters who allways are complaining etc. If someone wants to ignore my posts no problem with me. If some people can't tolerate different opinions then you are wellcome to do a "discussion" where everyone will say "what a great show". Have fun.
    My problem is you don't actually say WHY you don't like it. You just say, repeatedly, that you hate it, or that you think it should be cancelled, without any sort of reason. That's not much basis for a discussion, but more of a speedbump in the middle of the legitimate discussion. I don't like a lot of shows either but you don't see me going into their sections of the site and saying "this deserves to be cancelled", as there is no point in such discourse.

---

Anyway, if at least Dominion gets renewed next year on top of these two, I'll be happy for next summer. If Defiance doesn't get renewed it would be disappointing but at least it ended on somewhat of a high note. And I could see the three other series carrying on summer Fridays for Syfy.

Hopefully next season they explain a bit more of the universe in the series, as unlike Killjoys I feel like we don't know much about anything outside the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Which one is the "discount" Han Solo?
    Both actually, I forgot One's name is also literally a discount Han.
    Tst

Air Force Chief of Staff Britta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spinny magee View Post
    Both actually, I forgot One's name is also literally a discount Han.
    No. Just no.
    Last edited by Britta; September 4th, 2015 at 02:28 AM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

I think my biggest issue with any of these shows, Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Dominion, is that the network/show runners think that to be 'edgy' they need to include gratuitous gore and the S word as much as possible.

I noticed on an episode of Dominion that an 8 ball got ran over and we get to see his head explode in a big red splash, and it's certainly laughably obvious that show writers are gleefully inserting the now allowed S word into their shows at every opportunity.

Edgy is the plot, not gore or language. It's almost to the point of making up a drinking game for gore or S (and I'm noticing that to be 'edgy' shows much think they need to be full of S)

Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think my biggest issue with any of these shows, Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Dominion, is that the network/show runners think that to be 'edgy' they need to include gratuitous gore and the S word as much as possible.
    I noticed that, too, although I'm not sure it's limited to sci-fi. It's probably just a more realistic way that people talk today. (I mean, that depends on who you ask, but it seems normal to me.)

There wasn't much language in Stargate for all of the violence and terror that the characters experienced, which I found understandable given the audience and general upbeat atmosphere of the show but kind of unrealistic at the same time.
    rest easy now

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

I would have to say that #3 is the discount Han Solo.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I would have to say that #3 is the discount Han Solo.
    Feels more like Jayne from Firefly to me.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

It seems like a pretty simplistic comparison to me
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right