No announcement yet.

Dark Matter Renewed! What do you want to see in Season 2? SPOILERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The topic asked a question and I have the right to express my opinion as you have. I'm not interested to get a rise out of anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
      The topic asked a question and I have the right to express my opinion as you have. I'm not interested to get a rise out of anyone.
      What did you not like about D.M.?
      The writing was fairly weak in the whole season, the first couple of eps were certainly "over dark" in terms of camera work, and very much were overly based on the supposition we should care about these characters.
      These are all good things to objectively look at and make the decision that the show is "crap".
      It's not that you don't have a case, it's that other people have one as well.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I didn't deny it and i haven't criticized anyone for their opinion. Actually most people here like it and they are saying it and that's fine with me. But i don't and i'm saying it and they should be fine with that too. There was no reason to make it personal(and i don't mean you).

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
          I didn't deny it and i haven't criticized anyone for their opinion. Actually most people here like it and they are saying it and that's fine with me. But i don't and i'm saying it and they should be fine with that too. There was no reason to make it personal(and i don't mean you).
          Well, the only person to challenge you was Jel, and he thrives on being obtuse even more than me
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I'm sort of on the fence about it. I wasn't overly impressed with either DM or Killjoys, and wouldn't have been upset if neither had been renewed. I don't begrudge anyone else liking them though. It's just that it seems a lot of people were so happy to see a space-based show back they were willing to overlook some faults just to be able to watch the type of show they like. Personally, I'm looking forward to The Expanse, and if it turns out as good as I hope I would much rather they put money into making it even better, rather than support other shows that didn't quite hit the mark.

Comment

I'm glad that we are getting a second season of Dark Matter, it's the interaction between all the characters that makes this show great to save me a lot of typing i'll post links to my favourite parts from various episodes.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14376245
              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14380300
              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14383394

I haven't seen episode 13 yet so no spoilers please.

Comment

There is a separate folder in which each episode can be discussed separately. All "spoilers" can be discussed openly in the folder for each episode. Thus, Episode 13 has it's own folder, so people can make as many spoilers in that file as they want to.

Comment

I liked this show and Killjoys, but mostly I was just happy to have some sci fi programming to watch on Friday nights again.

For season two of Dark Matter I'd like to see more universe building, learn more about the combines, and their politics. I'd like to know if Two has a built in shortened life span like the replicants in Blade Runner, and of course why she was created, although it may have something to do with experimentation to prolong the bed ridden villains life.

Since android is becoming a part of the crew, how about a name for her. Seven comes to mind first, but people elsewhere have noted that's too reminiscent of Seven of Nine, especially if they were to add two more crew members.

Comment

Originally posted by ecgordon View Post
                    I'm sort of on the fence about it. I wasn't overly impressed with either DM or Killjoys, and wouldn't have been upset if neither had been renewed. I don't begrudge anyone else liking them though. It's just that it seems a lot of people were so happy to see a space-based show back they were willing to overlook some faults just to be able to watch the type of show they like. Personally, I'm looking forward to The Expanse, and if it turns out as good as I hope I would much rather they put money into making it even better, rather than support other shows that didn't quite hit the mark.
                    the only problem with that I have what does one have to do with other 2 that's all and the person who is saying it deserved to be canceled whatever

I hope we learn more backstory on characters and more universe building
                    Last edited by poundpuppy29; 02 September 2015, 05:52 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

What would I like to see more of next season?

World-building, as some people have mentioned; seeing the characters bond more outside of the ship (due to current, spoilerific circumstances); and... oh, probably more politics, which might come with the world-building.

I'd love to see Torri and David again, for one.
                      rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

I'm glad Dark Matter was renewed along with Killjoys. Although I haven't been following Killjoys but that was due to a time constraint-I work a lot and often can't catch the shows live,so I can't take on too many shows. However since some of my summer Scifi shows are not coming back(Under the Dome, Falling skies) I plan to catch up on Killjoys and watch it next season.
                        As for what I would like to see, more about the corporations, more universe-(world)building,
                        How far in the future is this set? What part of the galaxy is now inhabited, ect.
                        of course I'm assuming we will learn little by little more about each character next season.

Comment

There are some users here that seem to pretty much be here only to make sure the whole world knows how much they hate the shows or networks they often state they aren't watching.

Tiresome to read but not against the rules.

If any user is tired of the repetative complaining, the forum has a feature where you can ignore a poster. When a person is on ignore all you see is their name in the thread but not the content of the post. I have personally found, in the past, that muting certain users does help to improve the forum experience. Best of both worlds, they're allowed to have their say, you're freed from needing to scroll past it.

Here are the instructions on how to ignore someone.

How do I ignore another user?
                          Go to the "My Controls" option, and then click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists" to edit your Ignore List. You can also add another member to your Ignore List from his or her Proile page. Forum moderators cannot be ignored.

I will say, putting my mod hat on, if there's a user that annoys you and you refuse to ignore them and instead engage and it makes a continual tense situation....if the general 'you' is not willing to ignore someone, then stop complaining about their posts. Because - the general you - have a means to not see the posts.

I have personally found that many of the perpetual complainers over the years simply want attention or to make sure everyone knows their feelings, puttng them on ignore kinda thwarts that. So it's a nice passive way to simply free yourself of having to deal with it.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

You're free to ignore me if you like, although you may have been referring to that other guy who was criticizing the show. I watched all of the episodes of both shows, LIVE, which is something I haven't done very much the past few years. I think that entitles me to an opinion. Do you really want a forum where it's nothing but, "Oh, WOW! Great show! Love it!"

If so, have fun with that.

Comment

I don't know who are these people who according to the moderator are haters who allways are complaining etc. If someone wants to ignore my posts no problem with me. If some people can't tolerate different opinions then you are wellcome to do a "discussion" where everyone will say "what a great show". Have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet Fraiser View Post
                                What would I like to see more of next season?

World-building, as some people have mentioned; seeing the characters bond more outside of the ship (due to current, spoilerific circumstances); and... oh, probably more politics, which might come with the world-building.

I'd love to see Torri and David again, for one.
                                ^That's exactly what I'd like to see more of next season. Especially the world-building, since it really seems to be lacking on the show. I want to see more of the world outside of the ship and the universe that these characters live in fleshed out.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X