Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dark Matter Renewed! What do you want to see in Season 2?

Han Solo is a pretty straightforward character archetype. You're probably going to find an endless series of characters similar to him in some respect in fiction, especially fiction set in space.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)

One could argue that Jack O'Neill is a lot like Han Solo. The 'hero with a dark or at least with dark gray bits of a past' that joins the fight.

Now he wasn't a mercenary like Han, but her certainly got into Daniel's stopping of the goa'uld.

Mr Reese in Person of Interest would also fit.

The action hero, the jaded warrior, the 'seen it before' person who gets behind someone else's cause and becomes a part of it.

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

I always thought Vala was kind of a female Han Solo but I digress. I would like to find out more about 1 2 5 6 and I enjoy the Android I was a kinda shipper of 1 and 2 but now not sure 3 is more likable to me then Jayne from Firefly who most people say he was like I hated Jayne but I don't hate 3 not my favorite but don't hate him 4 not wild about him but don't hate him still little too cold for me
    Last edited by poundpuppy29; September 9th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Yeah for renewal!!!

It took me half the season to warm up to DM. Though I usually watch at least the first season of a sci-fi show to see if I'll like since I'm more likely to watch sci-fi than anything else.

I want to see more of Wil Wheaton, David Hewlett, and Torri Higginson! I like the short season and hope it stays that way. And well, I'm glad to see Canadian made sci-fi shows getting enough money from other resources to make them in the first place. And since I have never had the um pleasure of watching SyFy channel itself, I thank them for helping out the Space station in Canada. And also with Killjoys.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

So because I found the press release for Killjoys numbers in Canada, I thought I'd check out Dark Matter also.

I could not find a Bell Media press release for after the finale of DM though.
    Season high was episode 7 @534,000. and yes this is huge for Space. Since I found that Killjoys was the number one show and this one was counted as a big hit also, I'm assuming it was number 2 for the Space station.

Bell Media isn't always forthcoming with numbers for Space shows. So I'm a bit surprised I even found the finale number for Killjoys. Though it seems both shows are a bit hit here in Canada. So I'm hoping we get awesome second seasons! I'm saying Goodbye to Canada's Lost Girl and Continuum this fall so I am glad I will have these shows to fill those voids.

Those numbers for Canada's Space channel bring up the question: Are US viewers less interested in this sort of space sci-fi? Or is there something Space channel did better than Syfy to promote the shows?

You really can't compare. The Canadian TV market is quite different than the American one
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by TOIVA View Post
    Those numbers for Canada's Space channel bring up the question: Are US viewers less interested in this sort of space sci-fi? Or is there something Space channel did better than Syfy to promote the shows?
    Well Stargate Universe did awesome in Canada on Space. So either we are more willingly to watch ANY sci-fi thrown at us or the USA fans are just too darn picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela V View Post
    Well Stargate Universe did awesome in Canada on Space. So either we are more willingly to watch ANY sci-fi thrown at us or the USA fans are just too darn picky.
    I'm sure the population differences of the countries don't matter at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar

think it depends on what is trending Fantasy made a comeback now sci-fi space sci-fi is making it's comeback

My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Probie

OK New here so still getting to know the local.

As to DM I started out watching Star Trek when it came out, Star Wars, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, Voyager , had watched Galactica (the original) and re-release. So yes I do like campy. :-)
    There is not much about the show that doesn't suspend my disbelief except maybe that Five is fifteen Years old. though they do cover up telltale signs with clothing selection and positioning. The season end leaves open a good deal of room for plot development. The main drawback is that it is only 13 episodes long and it takes so long to see the second, and proceeding seasons. overall I have thoroughly enjoyed it. and have watched it through and through about six times.

Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    think it depends on what is trending Fantasy made a comeback now sci-fi space sci-fi is making it's comeback

Probie

OK what to see in the new season. answers, development and more question for season six.

I am assuming that Six was in Five’s memories long enough to recover at least part of his memories. The android, or as I see her being called, (A) synchronized as best she could, Six and Five’s memories and since she(Five) was in One’s memories for months continuous, he must have been searching through that of his and the others for the same period of time until he finds her. Since this is after they do the lie detector test the others don’t know and he is watching them knowing the full background. This is why he is trying to get Five to leave the Raza, before he, a (GA) Galactic Authority undercover agent and turns the others in. He would be fully aware that when he goes after the person who tricked him into helping destroy the space station when the insurgents / terrorists miraculously steal the Raza.
    When do the others join as the crew of the Raza after he kills the original thieves? This has to be well before Five stows away, and her memories take place in the time line.
    How does Six recruit the others?
    What happens when five realizes that two and four are planning to kill either One or Six.
    Do the find out that One not who he says he is? He is really a very rich person if they knew that why kill him. He is worth more by extorting the family for his return.
    Do they find out that Six is a GA agent? More likely.
    Why were they in stasis? It seems like they must have been where the ship was seized by Six, and close to where Four was roaming about after the death of his father, just before the contract to clear out the mining colony.
    Four may have signed on to get control of the ship to try and get back control of the monarchy.
    When did Three join the crew? How did he convince the crew to let him bring the stasis unit onto the ship with it occupant?
    What happened to Two that gave her a sense of empathy, Fives memory of her show a very much lack of it before the memory wipe and suddenly her character changed after the memory wipe and was the sense of empathy what was added to the wipe program that change all of them and not just a select few.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatcher View Post
    OK New here so still getting to know the local.

As to DM I started out watching Star Trek when it came out, Star Wars, Deep Space Nine, Babylon 5, Voyager , had watched Galactica (the original) and re-release. So yes I do like campy. :-)
    There is not much about the show that doesn't suspend my disbelief except maybe that Five is fifteen Years old. though they do cover up telltale signs with clothing selection and positioning. The season end leaves open a good deal of room for plot development. The main drawback is that it is only 13 episodes long and it takes so long to see the second, and proceeding seasons. overall I have thoroughly enjoyed it. and have watched it through and through about six times.

Airman

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    I would have to say that #3 is the discount Han Solo.
    I would like them to work on the long term story that's what made Firefly, Stargate, Trek and other shows so great, their long story arc was very strong.

Running for my life from a hoard of zombies.

Default Re: Dark Matter Renewed! What do you want to see in Season 2? SPOILERS

I was very happy when this got renewed. Sadly I am all too used to shows I enjoy getting the axe. I thought it was a pretty solid first season, and can't wait for them to hopefully expand on things in Season 2.

MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead