How long for Atlantis to fly to Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
    Nice graphic. Curious about the 550 meter figure for the Daedalus. Usually I see 600 to 650 meters for it. I did my own calculations for the Prometheus and got 375 to 450 meters myself.
    Not my graphic. I got it from the 'Net, so couldn't say.

Beth

Comment

Originally posted by McAvoy View Post
      Nice graphic. Curious about the 550 meter figure for the Daedalus. Usually I see 600 to 650 meters for it. I did my own calculations for the Prometheus and got 375 to 450 meters myself.
      Ship Scaling Sprites has it at 586 meters

Comment

I remember researching this once and I came up with a figure of between 3 and 6 days. But I can't actually remember how I came to that figure
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by BethDoodle View Post
          Okay got another question. Sorry to be asking so many, but I'm writing a fanfic and need answers.

In "Enemy at the Gate" the only reason Atlantis made it to Earth as fast as it did was because Zelenka suggested they try McKay's Wormhole Drive. If the Stargate hadn't broken down part way, how long do you think it might have taken them to get to Earth? I do recall them saying that they broke down "on the edge of the Milky Way".

The ZPM-powered Wraith ship got there fast, but compared to Atlantis,its mass is miniscule. And its hard to say how long it took for the Wraith ship to get there too. I don't recall there being any clues as to how much time was passing between scenes.

Loads of discrepancies during the series regarding the length of time required to travel between galaxies. ZPM powered Daedalus could travel from Earth to Atlantis in a little under 4 days; without a ZPM it could do it in 18 days. It's been repeatedly reported (in SG1) that Asgard ships could do this in "no time" - in one episode an O'Neill class vessel tows the Prometheus from Earth to Othala in less than an hour and we know that the Ida galaxy is 4 million light years from the Milky Way. However, in the episode after "No Man's Land" (SGA) Richard Wolsey and Dr Weir ask the Asgard for transport back to Atlantis and Weir states that it will shave "almost 2 weeks" of their journey. So it's hard to say how long it would take Atlantis? I would think it would be on par with Asgard drives that are being powered by advance Asgard power sources, as opposed to Tauri naquadah generators.

Comment

Originally posted by BethDoodle View Post
            Maybe this one is better.

I had no idea that Wraith hive ships were that big!

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/...small_comp.png
            Well remember, in the S2 finale, the Dadelus hid in that small gap ON a hive, while they went to meet with 2 other hives...
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 13 January 2016, 12:35 AM. Reason: pic tag edited.

Comment

Working...
            X