No announcement yet.

The Last Kingdom (BBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still watching this? 3 years after it begins airing and it is better than Vikings cause it has actually improved!

I'm still making my way through season 3 though. Just came out...only on episode 3.
    sigpic

Comment

I am... though I have yet to catch up to season 3.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Looking forward to season three. (Awaiting the latest book from the library.)
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          Looking forward to season three. (Awaiting the latest book from the library.)
          Wait... this is also a book?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Wait... this is also a book?
            Wow I'm amazed people still don't know this (not a criticism)

Yeah so far 11 books.

Each season covers 2 books, with the recent season adapting books 5-6. However as I am seeing from the reactions online, this season seems to have...uh...taken more liberties compared to previous seasons.

Anyway...we still have 2-3 seasons to go depending on how they do it, and if Bernard Cornwell decides to end the book series anytime soon.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
              Wow I'm amazed people still don't know this (not a criticism)
              In my defense, I never heard of The Last Kingdom before The Last Kingdom.

But as it is probably an English author -- ah... there we go Bernard Cornwell. I'm not too familiar with his work. The only book that I know and read, and have, written by him is ... Excalibur. Beyond that, I am not familiar with his work.

Also, I've come into English literature very late, cause native Dutch speaker.

But this certainly means, I have some reading to do... in fact... I think I just solved my new year's gift problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                In my defense, I never heard of The Last Kingdom before The Last Kingdom.

But as it is probably an English author -- ah... there we go Bernard Cornwell. I'm not too familiar with his work. The only book that I know and read, and have, written by him is ... Excalibur. Beyond that, I am not familiar with his work.

Also, I've come into English literature very late, cause native Dutch speaker.

But this certainly means, I have some reading to do... in fact... I think I just solved my new year's gift problem.
                Indeed. I meant to read them after getting through the Expanse this summer but I didn't have a chance to.

They are pretty cheap online. And decent reads.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X