The Last Kingdom (BBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Last Kingdom (BBC)

A little over a year ago it was announced that the book series by Bernard Cornwell (Saxon Stories) was being adapted into a TV series, titled The Last Kingdom. The series would follow Saxon England during the period of Viking conquest (so think of it like Vikings, but told from the English perspective and within the proper time period)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...ing-drama.html

Now a date has been announced: October 10th. The below link offers more information

http://www.bbcamerica.com/the-last-k...annel%20Module

A brief trailer

I hope this turns out to be good. It looks like BBC is trying to emulate the success of Game of Thrones and Vikings, which is only good for viewers. If successful, The Last Kingdom could be a great show to tide fans of the other two shows over between the ten month wait between new seasons.

Edit: Found another teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOV-ydaYfLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8W5mj4gf0Y
    sigpic

Vote Saxon

Seriously tho (sorry I couldn't resist), I don't watch Vikings, but I love Game of Thrones, not sure about this one however
    Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 August 2015, 01:35 AM.
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I'll check it out. If it's good I'll keep watching, if not, I know how to work a remote.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh, nice. I liked that book series. (No longer have that channel though.)
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I'm planning on giving this series a try.
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

BBC America has the first episode streaming.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

I just finished watching the first episode and I really liked it; I'm looking forward to the next one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Anyone still watching? It's a bit slow but by episode 3-5 it get really good.

The actor that plays Alfred is magnificient in the role. Really steals the spotlight and captures my attention in every scene he is in.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thought so too. Alfred (or at least the actor) is tremendous. He's got the best lines and delivery as well.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This show has been a pleasant surprise. But only one more episode left.

Hopefully it gets renewed.
                        sigpic

Comment

So what did you guys think of the show?
                          sigpic

Comment

All in all it wasn't too bad. There were a few plot twists that were very predictable but I have spent worse hours.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I recorded the whole series and am only now watching them. We watched the first 4 episodes yesterday.

It's not quite like Vikings (not enough blood to be comparable or battles).
                              But it is quite enjoyable.

Alfred gets on my nerves though. I wouldn't have minded he'd be treated with a blood eagle, but there's a reason he was Alfred the Great. Can't change history after the event.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                              X