Earth Minbari war negotiation ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Minbari war negotiation ending

What would it take for earth to get the Minbari to a negotiation table how would it happen could it happen what series of events would it take to happen

Originally posted by heavyneos View Post
    What would it take for earth to get the Minbari to a negotiation table how would it happen could it happen what series of events would it take to happen
    Our complete destruction would have sufficed.
    Ultimately the Minbari had no interest in humanity or anything we had, except to wipe us out after Dukat died. The only thing I can think of which may have got them to consider us as an honourable people and therefore a race worth dealing with would be the Earth President offering herself as a sacrifice to the Minbari. I'd imagine they would have appreciated the symmetry of one leaders death for another.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

that's a good answer, it might have, but remember it had become a holy war, it took on a life of its own, even that might not have stopped them, it was only the intervention of the vorlons that stopped it, and even it didn't stop all of them, remember the tragatti, in stead of surrendering the captian killed himself and his second took the ship and headed for the rim, soo... hum, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
        that's a good answer, it might have, but remember it had become a holy war, it took on a life of its own, even that might not have stopped them, it was only the intervention of the vorlons that stopped it, and even it didn't stop all of them, remember the tragatti, in stead of surrendering the captian killed himself and his second took the ship and headed for the rim, soo... hum, who knows.
        Oh yeah, I agree it's doubtful. I mean ultimately it was the self fulfilling prophecy of Sinclair being Valen and his ship being the one that was captured that saved humanity, and that was the only reason. If i wasn't for that they would have wiped humanity out. They wouldn't have been satisfied afterwards, cos after all they aren't a cruel people, but ultimately the war had taken on a life of its own and that would have been the outcome.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          I mean ultimately it was the self fulfilling prophecy of Sinclair being Valen and his ship being the one that was captured that saved humanity
          Hmmmm . . . This discussion actually makes me wonder how the Vorlons could have let it go as far as it did? They had to know Sinclair was destined to be Valen, but how could they know for sure that the events would happen in exactly the order they happened? Nothing is perfect. How could they let the Minbari go as far as they did? I guess they had faith in the fact that getting that point could have never happened if Sinclair wasn't taken by the Minbari. Very risky gamble considering he was in a war zone that any random thing could have killed him.

I love speculating about this stuff, though it has no real answer unless JMS decides to give it an answer.

Comment

I think the Vorlons knew about Sinclair because him as Valen would have told them about the future. I am pretty sure the Vorlons would have interrogated him prior to accepting him as Valen.

Which means the Vorlons would have known about the war and knew they would have to wait.

There is a interesting Crossover Fanfic named A Thin Vineer on Fanfiction that addresses this.
            Hi There!

Comment

Ok, one necro incoming, because it is really simple:

Lennan (Ranger 1 at the time of the Earth-Minbari-War!) just needs to survive (so either Londo's attack ship misses its shots or they never attack in the first place!) and you have a basis for peace-talks (Lennan and Delen have the influence to get talks going, especially if Delen then takes the position of leader of the Grey Council (which she might do, if she sees no other way for peace!))

ps: I've read that story ("A thin Veenir") and it wasn't bad

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                Ok, one necro incoming, because it is really simple:

Lennan (Ranger 1 at the time of the Earth-Minbari-War!) just needs to survive (so either Londo's attack ship misses its shots or they never attack in the first place!) and you have a basis for peace-talks (Lennan and Delen have the influence to get talks going, especially if Delen then takes the position of leader of the Grey Council (which she might do, if she sees no other way for peace!))

ps: I've read that story ("A thin Veenir") and it wasn't bad
                I know.....stupid Centauri....war could've been over years earlier if it wasn't for them

Comment

But "We didn't know" says the Emperor.

Comment

Working...
                  X