No announcement yet.

Upon the March We Fittest Die (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about average for SyFy, but it might be too expensive to be renewed. Here are the numbers for most of the other SyFy shows (also taken from tvseriesfinale.com)

spoiler tagged for length.
    Spoiler:

12 Monkeys
    0.79 mil viewers
    0.25 18-49

Dark Matter
    1.01 mil viewers
    0.24 18-49

Killjoys
    0.95 mill viewers
    0.23 18-49

Dominion (so far)
    0.94 mil viewers
    0.27 18-49

Z Nation
    1.42 mil viewers
    0.48 18-49

Bitten
    0.50 mil viewers
    0.15 18-49

Olympus
    0.55 mil viewers
    0.14 18-49

Haven (canceled)
    0.86 mil viewers
    0.20 18-49 (so far)

Helix (canceled)
    0.56 mil viewers
    0.17 18-49
    sigpic

Comment

Wait WHAT?
      Haven is cancelled??? When did that happen??
      It was all stupid how they divided this season into 2. What's the use of having 26 episodes if they are going to air part 2 a year after part 1. Why not just make 2 seasons of the same old length. Syfy wants to trick us. I hate this network.

Comment

Here's a link to the post in the Haven thread http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post14386706 . I had a feeling when they announced a 26 episode season that they were going to cancel it. I think they did that so that the actors' pay show costs wouldn't go up like it would if they made separate 2 seasons.
        sigpic

Comment

I didn't have a feeling when it was renewed for a 26-episode season, but I had this dread inside that something bad is going to happen.
          Well, it's not the first time they do this to us and I won't be surprised if they do this for Defiance as well.
          At least Defiance has a good ending.

Comment

Yeah, it does have a good ending, but still I hope that they don't cancel Defiance; even though they probably will.
            Apparently, the creators of Haven thought it might be their last season, so hopefully they prepared a good ending.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I've looked around.
              Apparently, the network wants to go back to it's sci-fi origins. And for some reason they consider space shows to be the only form of sci-fi shows (Yes they said they want to turn it into an all space shows channel.). You're syfy for God's sake not space.

Anyway, back to Defiance. According to these news, if the writers are ready to turn it into an all space show, I guess that means syfy is gonna keep it. If not, then bye bye Defiance.

Comment

If they do turn it into a space show it sounds all of the entire cast EXCEPT Nolan and Yewl would be dropped.
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 02 September 2015, 02:31 PM.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Seems that way.
                  Unless the find a way to get the others to join. Any way they use to get there would be stupid IMO. So Nolan and Yewll are enough if that's the price for the show to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                    Seems that way.
                    Unless the find a way to get the others to join. Any way they use to get there would be stupid IMO. So Nolan and Yewll are enough if that's the price for the show to make sense.
                    That's kind of short sighted. Lets see the reason before we dismiss it as being weak
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

And actually, they could turn it into a ship based show with the cast quite easily. (presuming of course that the space based shows rumor has any basis in fact)

Yewell magically gets the Omoc ship back to earth, to find it a mess. Thanks to the recent issues, Defiance is struggling to the point of falling. No stasis net plus the VC being mad at them has the town breaking up and people leaving.

They find the people they find (aka actors that sign back up plus ones added to take their place) and they all say frak earth and the VC, let's go and live somewhere else.

They have a ship with plenty of room, they have stasis pods (which can be conveniently empty after Nolan and Yewell drop the Omoc off on their new planet) and presto, chango, bye bye earth, hello ship based show and we get a big honkin reboot - probably just in time for skiffy to cancel it in its Fatal Fifth season. (Unless it's their 'reality' junk, skiffy cancels about every scripted show after 5 seasons)
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        That's kind of short sighted. Lets see the reason before we dismiss it as being weak
                        Think about it. All of the ships in orbit and all their connections below earth suface were destroyed. The only functional ship remaining is the Omec one which is so slow. Unless Nolan and Yewll find another ship where they are, It's gonna be stupid IMO. It makes no sense that there are ships remaining on earth.
                        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        And actually, they could turn it into a ship based show with the cast quite easily. (presuming of course that the space based shows rumor has any basis in fact)

Yewell magically gets the Omoc ship back to earth, to find it a mess. Thanks to the recent issues, Defiance is struggling to the point of falling. No stasis net plus the VC being mad at them has the town breaking up and people leaving.

They find the people they find (aka actors that sign back up plus ones added to take their place) and they all say frak earth and the VC, let's go and live somewhere else.

They have a ship with plenty of room, they have stasis pods (which can be conveniently empty after Nolan and Yewell drop the Omoc off on their new planet) and presto, chango, bye bye earth, hello ship based show and we get a big honkin reboot - probably just in time for skiffy to cancel it in its Fatal Fifth season. (Unless it's their 'reality' junk, skiffy cancels about every scripted show after 5 seasons)
                        If they do this, Amanda wouldn't leave Defiance no matter what, but the rest could, but then the name of the show would make no sense... unless they name the ship they take Defiance.
                        Or maybe the whole town is a ship... who knows. Anything but saying a ship was buried below earth surface or one cloaked in orbit.

Comment

That's why you are being short sighted. Using that logic at the end of S2 any way to free Nolan and Irrisia would be stupid. I say lets see what new idea is introduced before labeling it stupid. Especially since this is science fiction
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The band "Young, Beautiful, In A Hurry" have a petition for season 4. They did a lot of the music of the past 3 seasons... Bear McReary who did the main themes for this show is the father of the band's lead..

Anyway they did a petition.

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/defiance/...eeds-to-happen
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X