Upon the March We Fittest Die (313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
    That'd be best if the creators came out and said that's what they wanted to tell and now it's done.

I can't help but think about Babylon 5 and how disjointed the final season was after the main story got wrapped.

Oh, and personally, I found this whole season pretty strong. The quiter episodes in the middle were surprisingly well done.
    That was because they had a very specific plan that was cut short and then un-cut short wasn't it? I don't believe Defiance would be similarly hobbled by another season.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I don't really see it any more as a series finale as last season. Defiance has kept their plots largely contained in a season with a few threads left over for next season. This finale felt the same
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

^ I feel the same

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        I agree, this serves well as a series finale, and if it's a season finale, well they're gonna be in for one heck of a reboot.

Nolan, Yewell, Amanda, all could not return next year (Makes me wonder if the actors' contracts are up)
        Julie Benz got a recurring gig on the upcoming season of Hawaii Five O, doesn't mean much since Defiance is a mid-season show, but it doesn't bode well if the cast are already looking for other work , I actually thought Amanda was gonna die in the season/series finale of Defiance
        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 30 August 2015, 05:26 PM.
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Kevin Murphy (executive producer) said that if Season 4 happens, Nolan will be included.

Source: http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...r-Kevin-Murphy

The season was done filming months before the first episode had aired so the cast have had time off to do other projects. Financially it make sense to remain working on an older show as you get more money and if interviews are any indication, the cast and crew really enjoy working on the show and with one another.

Comment

I can;t see how Nolan will come back. Unless they make his journey into space a rather short one. But that will be a cheap trick, a gimmick.

Comment

Maybe season 4 will be after a time jump just like this season (I hate time jumps). Maybe it will be a few years later, which would give Nolan enough time to return in this slow Omec ship after dumping the remainder of this race on any suitable planet.
              We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                I can;t see how Nolan will come back. Unless they make his journey into space a rather short one. But that will be a cheap trick, a gimmick.
                That's exactly what I wouldn't want.

If Nolan is back (and I suppose the town of Defiance would be back too), the longer he stays away from earth the better. And a storyline with Yewl, Nolan and hungry sleeping Omec could work. We'd even get a partial ship based Sci-fi too.

But there's still Syfy. I dare not predict which shows they'll pick up for another season.

Comment

I can't find the link but i remember K.Murphy saying (before the season 3 premiere) that if there will be a season 4 it will be in space. I would like that (it would be a far better space show than the likes of Dark Matter) but it would be more like a spin off.

Comment

Well that would be fitting. Only problem: What about the town and its inhabitants?

The one way I see it is truly make it a spinoff with only Nolan on the ship.

Either way, I'm really curious how this ends up.

Comment

Both Killjoys and Dark Matter are renewed and i'm not sure what this means for Defiance.

Comment

Both Killjoys and Dark Matter are renewed and i'm not sure what this means for Defiance.
                        It usually suggests negotiations or they have decided to cancel the show.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

That would be sad after a really good season

Comment

It doesn't mean anything.
                            Decisions for new shows are usually done before any other.

Comment

If I'm remembering correctly, last season it took awhile after its season finale (about a month or so) to announce a renewal for Defiance.
                              sigpic

Comment

the average ratings of season 3:
                                1.13 mil viewers
                                0.25 adult rating

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/de...ratings-37135/

Comment

Working...
                                X