• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upon the March We Fittest Die (313)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    UPON THE MARCH WE FITTEST DIE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313
    With the Omec hunting the people of Defiance and threatening a global invasion, Nolan and Irisa lead a last-ditch effort to board the enemy ship and destroy the sleeping horde. Amanda fights for her life after she is shot.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 October 2015, 10:14 PM.

Okay, just watched the season finale. Didn't see that ending coming ... not going to spoil anything, but I'll be interested to see what happens in S4.

Comment

This episode seems very much like it was written with the possibility of being the series finale in mind.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

^^Yes I thought the same thing, I.P. Definitely would be fitting as a series finale.
        I hope we do get a season four.
        Liked Kindzi getting her fitting end but Irisa argued not to and they decided not to wipe out the whole race and commit genocide
        Also, Really liked Stahma's talk with an injured Amanda asking forgiveness.
        I so called it on Datak bursting in and saving his family last week
        but whoa--did not see this ending coming!
        Love Doc Yewl one of my favorite characters if there's a season 4 hope she's in it.
        Loved Datak's goodbye to her.

Comment

Well that basically serve as a wrap up for the show.

The fly through space scene was awesome.

The rest of it predictable and formulaic.
          If there is a season 4, without Nolan I don't see myself staying around to watch it.

Nolan and Yewll adventures in space however, that I would tune in to.

Comment

I seriously doubt they'd do a show without Nolan's character.
            Yep everyone basically agrees it looked like a series finale maybe whether it will be renewed or not is in limbo.

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode and hope that there is another season because I really like the show the characters, but I also agree that this ep felt like a series finale.
              sigpic

Comment

Season 2 ended in a similar manner, just with more characters in out-of-town situations.

You still have Nolan and Yewll out in the universe, maybe they come across the Volge homeworld and accidentally lead more Volge to Earth, maybe the Omec take control of the ship and come back, maybe they encounter other alien races. There are a lot of possible things to talk about for a season 4.

It seems that some shows now prefer not to leave massive cliffhangers at the end of a season in case of cancellation. I guess its a good thing.

Comment

You might not like the idea, but this being great as a finale, maybe they shouldn't try to 'revive it'. Thus Defiance ends proud.

And I really liked this finale. It makes sense, it's a great closure (I liked SGU's ending, but this in comparison truly is an ending).

Obviously it'd be sad to see the show end. This last season might have been the best Sci-fi there was on Syfy in recent memory (it's eclipsed Killjoys with this finale for me), but it's been losing viewers and probably money since the start. Remember how it was supposed to be both a successfull show and MMO?
                  Rather than seeing drastic cuts and unlikely plot points (which would probably be necessary to get any continuation running after this episode), I'd leave it in peace and enjoy it.

One thing that would be ballsy of Syfy to try is an almost sitcom-like version of "Nolan, the Woman-Machine and the Man-Eaters' space adventures".

Btw, I really enjoyed all the references to BSG. For one, the Omec ship had many resemblances to Cylon basestars. Then Yewl basically served as a Hybrid. And I even heard some similarities to Cylon score on the ship.

Comment

I think I enjoyed Defiance finale the most out of Killjoys, Defiance & Dark Matter, hope it wasn't Defiance Series finale

I also hope they keep Ywell and Joshua Nolan around, Defiance just wouldn't be the same without them
                    Last Movie Watched
                    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                    Life is Strange

Comment

After watching last week's episode, I felt like the finale's going to be weak, but I admit now I'm impressed.

My problem with Defiance is that they don't care if the whole season is weak as long as the premiere and finale are strong. This is stupid. Come on, people do your job for the whole season.

About this week's, I guess I would have preferred it if Irisa stayed with Nolan, but I guess she's been with him for so long that she's not herself anymore. What she saw on his side affected her psychologically.

I don't know why this chose to make this finale in the style of a series finale, but I guess they must've gotten a word or something about the possibility of cancellation... or maybe they just wanna end the story at that. Maybe they don't have anymore stories.
                      It wouldn't be nice if it gets renewed and they have nothing new to offer.

I'm not gonna say I hope it gets renewed. I'm just gonna hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                        I don't know why this chose to make this finale in the style of a series finale, but I guess they must've gotten a word or something about the possibility of cancellation... or maybe they just wanna end the story at that. Maybe they don't have anymore stories.
                        It wouldn't be nice if it gets renewed and they have nothing new to offer.
                        That'd be best if the creators came out and said that's what they wanted to tell and now it's done.

I can't help but think about Babylon 5 and how disjointed the final season was after the main story got wrapped.

Oh, and personally, I found this whole season pretty strong. The quiter episodes in the middle were surprisingly well done.

Comment

Yes it was like a series finale and a good one. I just can't see how the show could continue. Any next season would be more like a spin off.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                            ...I can't help but think about Babylon 5 and how disjointed the final season was after the main story got wrapped...
                            Exactly! That's what I meant.
                            We don't need unnecessary seasons. If it has to go, let her go with dignity. If you have something good to offer, I'll be more than happy to have another season.

Comment

I agree, this serves well as a series finale, and if it's a season finale, well they're gonna be in for one heck of a reboot.

Nolan, Yewell, Amanda, all could not return next year (Makes me wonder if the actors' contracts are up)
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X