• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Twilight Dims the Sky Above (310)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    WHEN TWILIGHT DIMS THE SKY ABOVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 310
    A delegation arrives from the Votanis Collective to negotiate an alliance with the town of Defiance, reuniting the Tarrs -- and forcing Stahma to attempt to intercede with T'evgin. Meanwhile, Yewll tries to free herself from Kindzi's device.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 September 2015, 09:49 PM.

Another good episode.

A lot I didn't see coming (VC coming in peace, Kindzi returning, Nolan losing it entirely).

Datak using the Votanis Collective for his big arrival felt entirely in character. And it was nice the VC soldiers and representatives weren't painted as mindless baddies. It wouldn't have been surprising for them to start shooting in retaliation after Voske got shot by Nolan, but they didn't.

The only weaker part of the episode was noone noticing in how bad shape Nolan got. Irisa clearly saw him hallucinating yet she didn't do much in the end to get him under control. And others didn't even suspect his sad state of mind.

Comment

This episode reminded me just how entertaining Datak and Stahma's arguments can be. I think one of the biggest improvements Season 2 was responsible for was changing their relationship so that they talk like equals.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Yup, Tarr arguments are sometimes comic relief enough for a sitcom.

Definitely my favourite characters.

EDIT: Speaking of favourite characters, it's a pity we haven't seen all that much of Yewll this season. It might very well change soon, though.

Comment

Working...
        X