Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Stargate series had the best pilot episode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Stargate series had the best pilot episode?

Which of the pilots were your favorite or which do you feel was the best. Did you prefer SG-1's CHILDREN OF THE GODS? Maybe you thought SGA's RISING was the masterpiece. SGU's AIR might win a few votes. Which one is your favorite and why? I personally like SGA's series pilot the best. What do you think?

I've gotta go with Rising parts 1 & 2, its what started my love for stargate.

Comment

Rising for me too, it drew me right in.
      sigpic

Comment

For me, Rising, Air then Children of the gods.

Comment

Children of the gods in the older more 90's classic feel of things. But Rising is better overall if you ask me.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Sgu: Air.
            • I'm a fan of this awesome Trek webcomic: betafleet.tumblr.com (archived)
            • Eesti on ilus, ja troppide parteide poliitikud pole enam Raudse Leedi valitsuses.
            • I chose the Gate avatar, because it was difficult to choose between SGU character pictures of someone who I thought I was like, and someone who I was fond of. :>

Comment

Rising

Comment

If there's one thing that made my jaw drop, than it was the city of Atlantis rising from the bottom of the ocean, so I'm definitely a big fan of SGA Rising. The SG1 pilot is, however, a close second. Never saw SGU so can't judge.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  If there's one thing that made my jaw drop, than it was the city of Atlantis rising from the bottom of the ocean, so I'm definitely a big fan of SGA Rising.
                  I think Rising was the best opening indeed. it did a lot of things really well and i liked it. Air is second but i don't like some of the character decisions (like Scott, well, you know). Children of the Gods never was that great to me. The director's cut or whatever it was called made a lot of things a lot better, but that wasn't the pilot so it doesn't count.

Comment

I think a related q, would be if you had never seen the Star gate movie, which would you understand easier??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I think a related q, would be if you had never seen the Star gate movie, which would you understand easier??
                      I saw Children of the Gods before the Stargate movie. Their are a few questions like who is Ra and what is special Abydos but overall it is not hard to follow the pilot without seeing the movie.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Even though SGA was my least favourite of the Stargate series' Rising was the best pilot episode for me. It picked up on the mystery of the city of the Ancients that was built up in SG-1's season 7 finale wonderfully. It was an epic moment watching that magnificent city rising from the ocean, it whetted my appetite for learning more about the Ancients. Unfortunately I didn't really come to care about the characters and the way the people on Atlantis seemed to cause one disaster after another. I gave up on it around the fifth episode of season two. I did however buy the DVD's with a view to give it a go again and watched it all finally with the GW rewatch.

Whilst SG-1's pilot episode hasn't really got the 'wow' factor of the other two series pilots it comes in second for me. It was a good solid introduction to some great stories that were to come. In that way it worked, you wanted to see how these characters would deal with the bewildering reality of life beyond Earth's blissfully unaware existence encountered in the pilot.

As much as I came to really like SGU the pilot was very confusing to watch first time round with the way it jumped around from past to present. The jerky 'documentary' type filming with low lighting added to this so it was a bit difficult to work out what was going on at times. Only with watching it on DVD without ad breaks a couple of times made it make more sense. SGU got better when it stopped doing this jerky camera thing!

Comment

Rising
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            I didn't watch Stargate 1997 until after I'd seen two seasons of SG1. I didn't even watch COTG as first episode either.

Nevertheless, Rising remains the best pilot of both SG1 and SGA.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have to agree with you Krisz. When I first saw Atlantis rising out of the ocean, I was hooked. Actually, I did thing SGU's AIR was okay. Some of the back story was executed well through the flashbacks. SG1 is my favorite of the three series, but I did not get the same wow and adventure as I did with SGA's pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X