Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, they probably DO have a crew, just not a very big one. Assuming that the Asgard ships are pretty old, they probably DID have larger crews once upon a time but now they're pretty minimal due to their population troubles. Also there are a lot more Asgard back in their home galaxy. Maybe when the ships are tooling around there they have bigger crews depending on what they're doing than when they're out gallavanting around the Local Group of galaxies.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
      are you kidding the asgard motherships are not nearly as big as a hatak there about 20x larger! lol, in unatural selection the asgard mothership's landing pad bas bigger than the prommie and the prommie about half the size of a hatak ( by landing pad i mean the O thing at the bottom of the vertical engines.
      What?

Comment

They stated in one of the eps. That they have very huge engines. So that alone would take up alot of space. And I am pretty sure those Jafa where killed or beamed inside a mountain where they had a choice to leave but the simbiote will die or just stay there and die.
        And NO, that is not Thors Daddy.
        *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
        *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
        *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
        *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
        *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
        *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
        *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

"Odin" may never be seen as an Asgard but we have seen they "Eye of Odin". It turned red for a few days.

Comment

Yes Thor did say that he transported his crew off the ship before disableing the outbound transporter system. So there has to have been some crew. but I imagine that the crews are small because most of the systems are automated and there's probably not nearly enough Asgard to deal with all the day to day business of their people as well as send about the galaxy to keep up the "Asgard presence" which ensures the Go'auld don't get out of line in the protected planet's treaty. Plus I don't see the Asgard with a Marine Corps, as it were, of foot soldiers. They probably evolved beyond the need for that, or so they'd say.

As for where did the jaffa go, well the beams probably converted the Jaffa, the pyramids, and other such Go'auld things into energy...then put the energy to work by making Thor's ship go. Cheap renewable powersource for the Asgard, Jaffa bodies and Go'auld technology turned directly into energy. Nummy.

All joking aside, they probably just converted them to energy and left them like that. Or scattered their energy patterns into the atmosphere rather than tried to transport them into a mountain, or make them prisoner inside the ship or whatnot. Or maybe the beam wasn't a transporter at all but something that just caused the atoms of their bodies to break apart leaving behind a bit of Carbon, Hydrogen, Oxygen and other base materials. Less messy and less complicated that way. Probably more merciful as well.

Comment

in the episode where thor brought carter to an asgard world to help them think of stupid ways to destroy the replicators, there was an asgard crew walking the background. but it seems like they leave the crew behind when they go on dangerous missions, which makes sense considering the asgard's population problems...

and i always thought that they simply didnt rematerialize the jaffa when they beamed they away... and they beamed up pyramids... so i dont think theyd have space anywhere to materialize those...

and in the episode where teal'c shows up with thor and the prometheus is sent to intercept them... the crewmen on the prometheus said the ship was about the size of a hatak vessel, but it turned out to be an asgard ship... so the hatak and regular asgard ships appear to be about the same size...

Comment

Originally posted by Charles17
                and in the episode where teal'c shows up with thor and the prometheus is sent to intercept them... the crewmen on the prometheus said the ship was about the size of a hatak vessel, but it turned out to be an asgard ship... so the hatak and regular asgard ships appear to be about the same size...
                the Daniel Jackson is not a regular asgard ship, its a one man science/observation ship and is much much smaller than a full fledge Asgard Mothership. So if the Daniel Jackson is the size of a Ha'tak, that'll give you and indication of how much bigger an Asgard Mother ship is than a Ha'tak.

Comment

There is no way that the Prometheus is half the size of an Asgard mothership! In the episode "Prometheus" when the Asgard mothership appeared, it completely dwarfed Prometheus, and in Revelations was that an old ship, that Thor was piloting? The three that arrived later in the episode, seemed to be bigger, and grander than Anubis's Ha'tak.

I agree with the statement that the Jaffa bodies were probably converted into energy, it seems to make sense, that the Asgard would turn them into energy, rather than firing a few volleys into the area, and destroying the natural resources of the planet.

The Asgard have to have bigger ships, because their technology is about a hundred thousand times better than the Goa'ulds, so it would make sense that their ships would be a thousand times better. Of course the Asgard have emotions, in "New Order" did you see how Thor ducked, when the human formed Replicator began shooting up the place, he knew that he was in a @#$% load of trouble, and then he seemed shocked when he saw what the O'neill had done to the human formed Replicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                    The whole naming thing depends on who you ask. Some say primitive humans named their gods after the aliens who landed, while others say the aliens adopted pre-existing personas when they came down, so as not to alarm the natives too badly.
                    I think it would depend on which set of aliens one happens to be talking about. But I think I'd get yelled at if I added what I actually thought.
                    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Working...
                    X