X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about the asgard?

i have som questions about the asgard.
    the asgard is taken from Norse mythology,and a am from norway where the Norse mythology came from there is some thing i will have some question:
    1.will there be an asgard called odin(the father of thor)?
    2.in episode 206 we see asgard start beaming jaffa and stuff of the ground,but where do the beam them to?.you cant beam alot of jaffa into the asgard ship and having them running loose.

There was one asgard in Failsafe that had an eye necklace, it might refer to Odin, the one-eyed god. Maybe they were beamed into space? It could be a disintegration ray.

Comment

Originally posted by kilmas
      the asgard is taken from Norse mythology,and a am from norway where the Norse mythology came from there is some thing i will have some question:
      2.in episode 206 we see asgard start beaming jaffa and stuff of the ground,but where do the beam them to?.you cant beam alot of jaffa into the asgard ship and having them running loose.

1: No news yet - who is to say thoe we hear about him in season 9. Maybe Thor will introduce him to O'Neill

2: Thor possibly beamed them to a planet occupied by Her-ur or Her-ur's home world, or possibly killed them, but I think the first option might be correct.

These are just my thoughts I could be wrong.

Comment

[QUOTE=kilmas]i have som questions about the asgard.
        QUOTE]

That would actually be really cool to include Odin as a character. maybe as head of the asgard high council or something.

Nice one. Keep that grey matter ticking

Comment

Originally posted by kilmas
          Norse mythology did not come from Norway; it came from all of the Scandinavian countries, including Sweden and Denmark. Finland is not a true Nordic country. Also, Norse mythology has its true origins in Germanic mythology. The Germans were the original Norse and their tribes settled the north of Europe as well as present day Holland, Germany, Austria, parts of Switzerland, part of Belgium, and even England. Germanic religion, mythology, and culture followed the tribes. So to say Norse Mythology came from Norway is not only ethnocentric, but incorrect. The Germanics all shared in the mythology with some localized distinctions, similar to how the Greek mythology basically became the Roman mythology (e.g., Poseiden = Neptune; Zeus = Jupiter).

1. Not sure about Odin, but I don't think there will be. Asgard don't really have parents anymore, but Thor may have had a biological father back in the day, a few hundred or thousand years ago. It's possible, but I don't think they chose their names based on the exact mythology, but chose them out of roles. Thor was a defender, so is Asgard Thor.

2. It was a transport beam used on Cimmeria in Thor's Chariot. The Jaffa, and presumably the Pyramid, were probably beamed up to Thor's ship and who knows what happened to them. I don't think the Asgard would have killed them, but they could have removed the symbiotes and restored them to being human and dumped them off somewhere. They may have killed Heru'ur if they had caught him.

Here's a question: do Asgard have emotions like humans? Can they feel fear?

Comment

Well, Thor didn't seem scared to me when Anubis was going to torture him in Revelations.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow

Well, Thor didn't seem scared to me when Anubis was going to torture him in Revelations.
              Well, maybe not scared, but he did seem surprised and not as confident as usual. It was a nice change!

Comment

I don't know if this has been discused before, but:

Why have the Asgard such large ships. There is always only 1 asgard piloting the ship, but it is almost as big as a Ha'tak, where you have up to 5000 jaffa (I think I heard that number somewhere)

Comment

Asgards are so little they wanan feel important thats why they each get one ship...

They dont pick roles. where did you hear that? That was their real names, its not like they chose to be batman or spiderman, They were the Asgard before the Norse religion started. Thor came told them he was thor, they called him thor. Same with gouald, Ra came sai he was ra, he became Ra, the sungod. pick roles? im not gonna say anymore...

Asgard were once Humanoid, They do feel, if they didnt feel they wouldnt protect humans or help out earth, and the milkyway when their own people and galaxy are being destroyed.

Thors Daddy...Hes been on the show..
                  http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s5/522.shtml

Hes the guy in the tank.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I always felt that the Asgard may have much more control of how emotion affects them. I don't see why they would have no real emotions, just a much better capacity to control them. After all they do have that massive brain power thing going for them....

*shrug* just an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by yurry

Why have the Asgard such large ships. There is always only 1 asgard piloting the ship, but it is almost as big as a Ha'tak, where you have up to 5000 jaffa (I think I heard that number somewhere)
                      because it would extremely ackward for SG-1 to have to crawl around every where when they get beamed up to save the day. have you ever tried fighting replicators off while on your hands and knees? very very ackward

Comment

I would imagine that their ships all have oodles of technology of all kinds on them too. I could see that requiring space.

I'm sure at times they need room for a lot of individuals. They do look after a lot of planets and their people(s).

Comment

I thought thor said in the episoed where his ship gets infeseted by replicators that they first get rid of the crew than shut down the sensors. But I do not know.
                          I am voric a powerful yet sissy system lord. Fell my never ceaseless wrath or else.......

Comment

The whole naming thing depends on who you ask. Some say primitive humans named their gods after the aliens who landed, while others say the aliens adopted pre-existing personas when they came down, so as not to alarm the natives too badly.
                            [email protected]
                            http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                            One nation under dog
                            There of which I stand alone
                            A face in the crowd
                            Unsung, against the mold
                            Without a doubt
                            Singled out
                            The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by yurry

are you kidding the asgard motherships are not nearly as big as a hatak there about 20x larger! lol, in unatural selection the asgard mothership's landing pad bas bigger than the prommie and the prommie about half the size of a hatak ( by landing pad i mean the O thing at the bottom of the vertical engines.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X