• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 9

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 9
    EPISODE NUMBER - 109
    The crew chases one of their own after Four leaves the ship to meet with his brother, only to find his former mentor waiting to take him into custody and return him home to face justice.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 August 2015, 10:27 PM.

So, even though she hasn't divulged anything about herself to the others on the ship, #2 is still demanding complete honesty and trust from the rest of the crew. Mostly because #4 went off on a mission of his own without telling the others about it; he thought that somehow confronting his brother and his brother's mother, he would redeem himself and convince them he did not kill his father (even though his evil stepmother already knows that)

So #2 and #1 snoop through 4's computer and find out what he's found out about himself and 2 gets annoyed that he didn't trust the rest of them with that information. When she tells the rest of the crew, they are torn between going after him or just leaving him behind. So 1, 2, and 3 wind up going after him.

However, before this happens, #1 winds up telling #2 what he's found out about himself and that he thinks #3 killed the wife the real him had in his own original life. 2 thinks he might have been framed.

#4 gets rescued and brought back to the ship and is grateful they didn't just leave him behind, and 2 tells him they are his real family and not whoever it was he was running off to confront. He tells her that when he becomes Emperor he will remember his real family.

By the end of all this, 2 has still not said anything about her own background or why she's still wearing the bandage on her neck when there's no injury for it to cover. She is the only one that we haven't found out any background for, other than that she has fighting and killing and gambling skills.

Only 4 more episodes to unravel any of this so we know more than we know now.

Comment

That's right we don't know anything about 2-I'm wondering if the season finale will lead up to a big reveal(and if we'll get a second season)

Comment

It's hovering around 1 million viewers and .25 in the target demo, which is better than 12 Monkeys pulled, and it got a second season.

Comment

Hmm, was I the only one saying 'Finally!' when the Ferrous corp destroyers showed up (followed by end credits)?

There have been some nice snippets here and there. Mostly with Three. Him and the Android, him and One about saving each other.

But knowing more about the world, the corporations, the Android or even the ship is what I've been wanting since the start. And I didn't get much.

Also I'm still not quite understanding what our crew actually wants to do. Are they gonna keep working for bounties? Why not call McKay then and get some? And if not, where are they actually flying? Also what are the people doing with their time aboard? They don't seem to be familiarising themselves with the ship (speaking of which, why did Two and not Six, the Pilot, dock the Raza manually to the last station?), or even each other.

They could still answer some of the questions. Or develop more in another season. But frankly, I'd be pissed if they got another season over Killjoys. Or even Defiance (that seems to have come of age this season). And it just doesn't seem likely to me all three shows will get renewed.

Comment

My favourite scenes

The going over the parts scene particularly the welding goggles bit
            The book scene on the bridge
            3 fighting Jace and 2 restraining 3
            The infirmary scene with 3 and Android
            The scene with 5 and 6 in the gym
            6 talking to 5 in the vent
            5 saying she called 6 a big jerk
            The backdrop in the training room when 4 is training, i wonder if that is computer generated or did they build a wide screen tv/monitor/display or whatever you want to call it into the wall of the set
            3 reading Charlotte's Web, i've read the book and it didn't make me cry the movie version of the book did the reason the book didn't make me cry was because it's hard to get emotionally connected to words on a page, the movie made it easier to get emotionally connected to the characters than the book ever did, i respond more to visual imagery than i do to words on a page.

Did anyone notice that there was some noticable editing to the scene with 4 and his friend and those guys in the woods specifically the last 2 guys, it cut from 4 about to kill the guy to 4 standing over the dead guy i'm guessing decapitation or his throat was slit same goes for the guy who claimed to have a wife and children it cut from 4 standing over him to 4's sword in the guys chest.

It's as badly edited as the bug bursting out of Teyla in the SGA episode Doppleganger the first time i saw it, i hate censorship and scenes that have been poorly edited to remove violent content.

Comment

This reminds me of a reskinned SGU. All I got to say about that Episode.
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
              There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Working...
              X