• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 6

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 6
    EPISODE NUMBER - 106
    Five uses the ship's neural link to explore the hidden memories of her crew mates that are buried in her subconscious, including the truth of Four's crime against his father -- and her own past that brought her to the Raza.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2015, 04:24 PM.

Five knows the passcode for the door. She was in the vent in her dream when she overheard Six mentioning it. I don't think she consciously realizes it yet though.
    Last edited by The Shrike; 18 July 2015, 04:43 AM. Reason: Six, not Three

Comment

So now we know who 1, 4, 5 and 6 are and some of their background. I'm assuming that 5 and the boy were part of 5's past. Obviously she didn't get spaced, so it will be interesting to find out who saved her.

I think Roger Cross' character is my favorite so far. Though I'm wondering why he killed the other three members of the group confronting the "leader", since they seemed as surprised as he was over the betrayal.

And I'm pretty sure the Asian guy will now be out to get revenge on the Empress for what she did to him.

Comment

So it look like most of my theories were right.

4 won't stop until he slits the empress throat. But at heart he was a good person despite years and years of his dad trying to make him a bad person or simply toughen him up a little. Looking forward to brother vs step brother show down.

6 was a freedom fighter that stole a galactic authority destroyer and unknowingly planted a bomb that destroys an space station and kill 10,000 people. But at heart he was a good person he even took out the rest of his gang of terrorists before trying to off himself. See good person at heart.

5 was a con artist.

I reckon 2 on her own was hired to retrieve that key and killed 5 friends when they resisted. It seems I was wrong she an about 2 and 5 being mother and daughter. Through I wonder if the key is link to the door.

Shame we didn't see 3 memories.

An 2 and 3 really did spend the night together.

I think chronologically we are suppose to think that most of these event took place quite close together but I reckon many of them took place years apart. I think when these events took place will be a key part of the story.

The Razza wasn't the ship 6 stole, so we still don't know who on board actually owns that vessel and who is just a hired gun.
        Last edited by knowles2; 18 July 2015, 05:08 AM.

Comment

I think, for the most part, they're all decent or mostly good people that are simply defined as evil and bad because it suits the corporation to define them so. And quite possibly they ended up embracing the 'ok so we're evil, let's use it to make a living' idea because it's all they had.
          Kinda like the comedy sketches where a known bank robber would simply walk into a bank and be recognized and 'omg, they're here to rob us, don't kill us' and they weren't planning to rob the bank but figure 'eh, why not'
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I went back and watched it again at the Space tv website, and the conversation between One and Six as they passed Five, who was in the vent, went like this:

Spoiler:
            One: "So, who the hell is Miss Maplethorpe anyway?"

Six: "Ahh, she was a teacher I had when I was a kid. It's as good a code as any. I know I'll never forget it..."

The irony of course is he did forget it.

Comment

Well, well, well. After a good episode last week and one before that, Dark Matter is back into not being all that interesting to me.

Most of what we found in the memories ended up being pretty much what we'd expect. The whole story of the episode was as one'd expect (kid goes searching for memories in her head, something goes wrong, someone goes pull her out). I can't help but feel I've already seen all of this. It's kinda familiar in both the stories and the ways the stories are told.

Well, now that my rant is over, back to the episode:

So apparently, 5 was saved from being airlocked, but her memory was wiped before she could go back to her friend. And that one just died alone waiting for her. Yet her intuition helped her finding him in episode three (or was it 4?), as well as the 'key'.

Comment

How opinions differ! i actually found this episode to be the first decent episode of the series. Decent acting and, finally, some decent writing. I haven't watched episodes 4 and 5 so i watched them today after ep.6 and i was as dissapointed as with the first 3 episodes. I hope that the rest of the episodes will have the same quality with this one. We'll see.

Comment

Oh yes, I actually found the previous two eps of Dark Matter the only good episodes so far, possibly even topping the corresponding episodes of Killjoys that aired before them. But this week, Killjoys is again strongly on top and in fine form.

(And Defiance is getting absurdly good in my opinion. It must be the last season it gets. That's the rule with shows on Syfy - they get good, they get cancelled.)

Comment

Well, defiance is getting close to its Fatal Fifth

Dark Matter is getting intriguing, but I do agree, pick a cliche. Maybe I've watched too many shows and there are only so many plot twists.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I really liked this episode, it's probably my favorite ep of the season so far. Five and Six are the characters that I like the most (I like them individually and the way the characters interact together), so that might have something to do with why I liked this episode so much.
                      sigpic

Comment

Its getting better as long as they explore more of the background behind these characters ...

However I do wonder where they are going to go when that's been all exposed.
                        SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

I'd really need to see more of the Galaxy in Dark Matter. I want to know more about the corporations, about the scope of the world the Raza travels in.

On the ship itself, desite Roger Cross' and Jodelle Ferland's good acting, I'm only really interested in the Android. And somehow, there seems to be far too many other characters to have enough focus on her.

Comment

Originally posted by psl1 View Post
                            Its getting better as long as they explore more of the background behind these characters ...

However I do wonder where they are going to go when that's been all exposed.
                            Well there two plot threads that have nothing to do with their memories. One is the war for 4 planet which we know is building up in the background, it only a matter of time before somoen comes looking for the rightful air to the throne and the next is the rebel leader known as the General.
                            Both involves corruption of the corporations.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                              I'd really need to see more of the Galaxy in Dark Matter. I want to know more about the corporations, about the scope of the world the Raza travels in.

On the ship itself, desite Roger Cross' and Jodelle Ferland's good acting, I'm only really interested in the Android. And somehow, there seems to be far too many other characters to have enough focus on her.
                              I think there a upcoming episode involving the android. One where the crew finds another android aboard.

Comment

Working...
                              X