This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, this is gonna be a nice firefight in the courts

A militia group detained migrants at the border. The ACLU calls it kidnapping

(CNN)A militia group near the US-Mexico border detained hundreds of people this week, New Mexico's attorney general told CNN.
    "My office has been informed that this week, an armed group has detained nearly 300 people near Sunland Park, New Mexico," Attorney General Hector Balderas said in a written statement. "These individuals should not attempt to exercise authority reserved for law enforcement."
    Videos posted online purportedly showing migrants held by the United Constitutional Patriots group and handed over to the US Border Patrol drew swift condemnation from the American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico.
    The principle of citizen's arrest is quite sound, so I think the private militia is on firm legal ground. That said, it's guaranteed to wind up being fought out in the courts. Hopefully not the 9th Circus, though.

But the more important aspect is that if the govt. won't enforce our borders, groups like this will. And eventually, it will get violent.

The govt. better get off its arse and do its job.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Oh, this is gonna be a nice firefight in the courts

A militia group detained migrants at the border. The ACLU calls it kidnapping

The principle of citizen's arrest is quite sound, so I think the private militia is on firm legal ground. That said, it's guaranteed to wind up being fought out in the courts. Hopefully not the 9th Circus, though.

But the more important aspect is that if the govt. won't enforce our borders, groups like this will. And eventually, it will get violent.

The govt. better get off its arse and do its job.
      Citizen's arrest applies when, in the course of your normal daily life, you see a commision of a crime by an individual and you detain them while the authorities arrive. Militias are actively looking for it, that's vigilantism.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Citizen's arrest applies when, in the course of your normal daily life, you see a commision of a crime by an individual and you detain them while the authorities arrive. Militias are actively looking for it, that's vigilantism.
        Well I guess the legal logic is that if you mix citizen arrest with the 2nd amendment it becomes permitted.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          Do you count yourself as one of those, because I thought I just read this coming from you:

He's no criminal, the report proved he wasn't.
          No, it did not.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            No, it did not.
            to be fair the report did prove that Trump did not

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              That's exactly what these folks did; detain them till the authorities arrived. 3 Kudos and a bowl of ice cream to each of them. They are taking action and staying within the limits of the law.

But what's gonna happen if the govt. doesn't step up to the plate is that other, move violent groups will form.

Comment

It's a 134Mb file which I just downloaded and will entertain me later as I fly towards my vacation spot.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  It's a 134Mb file which I just downloaded and will entertain me later as I fly towards my vacation spot.
                  careful there's a lot of grey black area

Comment

Fun fact of the day
                    We're almost at the $100M mark

https://trumpgolfcount.com

Days Trump has spent at Mar a Lago:

Cost of flights to Mar a Lago (24 so far):*

~$46,260,000

Days Trump has spent at Bedminster:

Cost of flights to Bedminster (19 so far):*

~$14,392,000

Trump has visited his clubs once every this many days since his inauguration:

Projected visits to golf clubs in four years:

Projected visits in eight years:

Total times Obama played golf during his eight year Presidency:

Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                      careful there's a lot of grey black area
                      Actually, not that much.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        It's actually a good read.
                        sigpic

Comment

Actually, not that much.
                          some pages like 26 28 38 65 185 186 197 207 completely blacked out lol
                          no way to know what's in there (some of it colour-coded as harmless 'private stuff' but that's William Barf who says it so that don't mean **** )

I know this the best the public can get because of some obscure law (allegedly passed by the Dems?) that forbids releasing the full thing to the public but there's exactly zero excuse not to release the original report to Congress

Comment

Just like watching a movie that jump from the intro to credits (bit on WikiLeaks)
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              some pages like 26 28 38 65 185 186 197 207 completely blacked out lol
                              no way to know what's in there (some of it colour-coded as harmless 'private stuff' but that's William Barf who says it so that don't mean **** )

I know this the best the public can get because of some obscure law (allegedly passed by the Dems?) that forbids releasing the full thing to the public but there's exactly zero excuse not to release the original report to Congress
                              8 pages from 443.
                              Congress can get the full report, go for it, but in ongoing matters, that has never been allowed to the public
                              sigpic

Comment

8 pages from 443.
                                Congress can get the full report, go for it, but in ongoing matters, that has never been allowed to the public
                                those are just the fully blacked out ones
                                you can write "the Trumps are guilty as **** " in less than a line let alone 8 pages '_'
                                that's why Congress should get the full thing (then question Mueller under oath to make sure what was released to them wasn't altered)

Comment

Working...
                                X