This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    IN a way i disagree.. I do feel there needs to be some punishment for the press consistently making up fake stories..
    BUT I also agree, censoring them by denying them their FCC license, would set a bad precedent..
    That "punishment" should be at the hands of the viewers, as they stop watching.

There's an old saying... "we get the government that we deserve". If people would stop accepting the gibberish coming out of obviously biased sources and think for themselves, we would have a better government.

But on the other hand, the left has been using the schools to teach people NOT to think for themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      There's an old saying... "we get the government that we deserve". If people would stop accepting the gibberish coming out of obviously biased sources and think for themselves, we would have a better government.
      I agree, yet people continue to watch fox news.

Comment

Then the rich white guys would simply find other people willing to play. It's that simple.
        How can you not understand that its a privately owned business, and can do as it wishes ?
        They are not burger flippers, they are -professional athletes-
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          They are not burger flippers, they are -professional athletes-
          And if the NFL fired the lot of their current rosters this February, how many college players would stand in line to take their place?

Comment

Yes. Since this IS impacting their "Job" by losing fan base.. Just like those workers at Mcdonalds who spat in cops drinks/refused service fired THEM, cause it caused customers to leave or threaten to leave..
            You are ignoring the point of my post. Is it or is it not hypocrisy to cry about seeing something "offensive" in the NFL and then chastise liberals for doing the same thing? Maybe you should change your username to"Ignore" cause that is what you do to posts and questions to which you have no answer to, or rather not answer.

If his employer is fine with it, have at it.
            And the reason the NFL is doing this is as expected, it's starting to affect their bottom line. It's costing them viewers on TV. Since these protest started up in ernest, viewership is down.

Recall a few weeks back, I said the NFL would do something about it as soon as they realize it's affecting their profits? Like it or not, a lot of NFL fans consider the protests offensive, and are expressing their displeasure by not watching the games. You didn't think that would carry weight with the NFL owners?
            You too have failed to deal with my point.

Let me explain it again. YOU say that people are too easily offended and you should make a big deal out of it because it's just "words". But here's a thing that offends you (and others of your political persuasion like your former messiah) being offended easily and causing storm over someone's speech. Just like liberals who want to fire or crucify anyone who says something they disagree with you, Trump wants the NFL players fired. It's the exact same thing. It's a textbook example of hypocrisy.

Well, of course politifact will claim false, they're somewhat biased to the left themselves, as a most of the "fact checkers".

I can point out and posted numerous articles stating that the politics is hurting the NFL audience size. I don't give a flying fig if some left wing site approves or disapproves of them. We shall see what plays out in real life.
            Isn't that convenient? You have evidence that challenges my POV? IT"S FAKE!!!!!!! Every time you offered data to me or others, we gave you an alternative interpretation. However when I or others offer you data, you simply call it "Fake news".

And if the NFL fired the lot of their current rosters this February, how many college players would stand in line to take their place?
            You think College players aren't getting a degree in something? If you were a college player and felt that you had zero job security on the NFL (Because they fire players at a greater rate than Trump tweets) would you not go after a more secure career?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

I'm starting to think that there might be some sort of organization, or at least some other people involved in Las Vegas. They still have no idea what his motivation was, and the more we learn about it, it seems that it was too meticulously planned for it all to be the efforts of a single person. If so, this would elevate it beyond the status of a lone nutjob to terrorism. I wonder what the goal or objective is.
              What about this guy?
              https://theintercept.com/2017/10/11/...tes-asheville/
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                How is Fox so biased, compared to say MSNBC or CNN?? THEY Have people from both sides of the spectrum on.. Unlike the 99% of the time liberals MSNBC gets.

Comment

How is Fox so biased, compared to say MSNBC or CNN?? THEY Have people from both sides of the spectrum on.. Unlike the 99% of the time liberals MSNBC gets.
                  "hey man, my pile of **** is 5 feet high, but it looks like theirs is six feet high, why is nobody going after them! leave my pile of **** alone!"

Comment

It does make it -different-, just only insofar as there is a difference between -owner- and -employee-.
                    To reverse the situation, IF an employee refused to serve an "XYZ" because of them being "XYZ" and the employer demanded that they should, does the employer have the right to fire? That silly bint who refused to hand out marriage licences to gay couples certainly got vilified for her actions, as did the cop who did not want to work the gay pride event. While those are both -government- examples, I know it does happen in the private sector as well.
                    You -must- apply the standard equally, and the standard here is not "right or wrong", but the ability of an employer to limit their employee actions while "on the clock", weather you or we agree on the action in question.
                    Point taken.

A company has policies which an employee upon hiring has to read and sign, acknowledging they agree to the terms.
                    Plenty of cases known where new hires and employees have been fired for breaking the company policy rules. When severe enough to warrant such a sacking.

The last one I heard about was a guy who had been trashtalking 343 Industries in his past internet history. He'd just landed a job at the company, however, though as you can imagine his hiring was revoked when they found out about that little secret.

343 Industries is the company behind the Halo franchise.

So, it's only natural the McDonalds', or whatever hamburger chain's, employees were sacked, and so should that nitwit Kim Davis have been.

So, if the baker's company policy is that he cannot service couples which his religion tells him are living in some sort of sin or does not agree with, then he can refuse all he like in my opinion. If he does not have it in writing, he should keep his discrimination out of the workplace and do his job as baker. I think that would be the simplest way of solving this issue -- write it down in the or a company policy -- serving only good christian couples (who did not have sexual intercourse before the marriage).

I foresee lots of clauses in his policy.

If he doesn't like a 5-star rating for service, who are we to stop him (from going bankrupt at some point).

This -is- your double standard, players/employee's can (or possibly be even forced) to represent causes that the employer finds tasteful -to them-, but denied the choice to represent causes that the employee finds tasteful.
                    Can you be a little more specific, I don't quite follow what you mean (I think).

Oh wait... no, I do get it... It goes back to company policy where an employee needs to step in line with the regulations and policies set forth by the company they work for, while at the same time an employee cannot express or represent personal choice or opinions when they clash with that policy -- hence why company policies are usually as broad as possible within the rules of the land. If the rules of the land dictate that one cannot discriminate against straights, a company cannot have a policy rule stating it's okay to discriminate against straights.

That what you mean?

Although, not entirely sure where my double standard comes into play...

Colleges are not employers of students, you would have no legal parallel or precedent to draw
                    Neither are NFL teams.

But players are members of a union... weird.

Anyhoodle, found an article on Forbes that explains it better:

NFL Looks To Require Standing During National Anthem, Widening Divide With Players
                    October 10, 2017 article so very recent

Then the rich white guys would simply find other people willing to play. It's that simple.
                    How can you not understand that its a privately owned business, and can do as it wishes ?
                    Do the rich white guys like to loose?

I mean, I imagine that a team only wants to have the best players so that they can win at the game, right...

times infinity

Were you typing this with a straight face? Cause I sure can't read it with one.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    Mike. Drop.

^^ is he serious?
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Neither are NFL teams.

But players are members of a union... weird.
                      Huh? NFL player are absolutely employees of the team they play for. How can you think otherwise?

Anyhoodle, found an article on Forbes that explains it better:

NFL Looks To Require Standing During National Anthem, Widening Divide With Players
                      October 10, 2017 article so very recent
                      Didn't I say a few weeks back that the NFL owners would take steps to force players to stand as soon as they realized that it was affecting their profit/loss statements?

Do the rich white guys like to loose?

I mean, I imagine that a team only wants to have the best players so that they can win at the game, right...
                      I had surmised that all teams had fired their existing players; everyone would be starting from scratch.

times infinity
                      Were you typing this with a straight face? Cause I sure can't read it with one.
                      Absolutely straight. That was not a joke.

Comment

Random sidenote: I find it fascinating to say that whenever there's an article in the newspaper, and I just read two, Trump is never referred to President Trump, but President Obama is. In the same article no less.

Huh? NFL player are absolutely employees of the team they play for. How can you think otherwise?
                        A company a sportsclub is not.

That's how.

Didn't I say a few weeks back that the NFL owners would take steps to force players to stand as soon as they realized that it was affecting their profit/loss statements?
                        Little to do with profits/loss -- read the article (again).

Absolutely straight. That was not a joke.
                        Yeah, cause the "right" ain't biased...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Random sidenote: I find it fascinating to say that whenever there's an article in the newspaper, and I just read two, Trump is never referred to President Trump, but President Obama is. In the same article no less.
                          Well, we know the media hates Trump, don't we? That's just like I refused to dignify Obama with the term "President".

A company a sportsclub is not.

That's how.
                          Sorry, wrong answer.
                          In the US, the NFL and all of it's teams are private businesses. Their product is entertainment; what they put on the field.
                          [edit]
                          And that is actually the only thing I care about in this whole discussion. They can protest whatever they want, I don't care, as long as they do it on their own time and dime. I'm not even a big football fan, only watch occasionally.

But, they absolutely do not have the right to express personal opinions while representing their employer, in their company uniforms and on the "stage" their employer provides.

If they want to go out in street clothes and kneel on a streetcorner to protest, fine, have at it. I simply don't care.

But they don't have the right to do so while "on the clock" so to speak, unless their employer is ok with it. Up until now, their employers, by and large have gone along with it. But that is going to change, real soon, as the team owners are starting to realize it's hitting them in the pocketbook. [/edit]
                          Last edited by Annoyed; 13 October 2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Where I come from that's called denial
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

whenever there's an article in the newspaper, and I just read two, Trump is never referred to President Trump
                              Well, we know the media hates Trump, don't we?
                              or maybe it's just cause he's a Fake president

Comment

But they don't have the right to do so while "on the clock" so to speak, unless their employer is ok with it. Up until now, their employers, by and large have gone along with it. But that is going to change, real soon, as the team owners are starting to realize it's hitting them in the pocketbook. [/edit]
                                And once again, my question, why do you complain about it?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X