Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You get a slow clap for that SR.
    a standing one preferably

Comment

I'm not Russian.
      But you deserve the slow clap.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

just like voters can't legally use the 2nd amendment to take up arms & attempt to overthrow a dictatorship - you against doing that too?
        Actually, you're wrong about that. The right to be able to stand up against the govt. is enshrined in our founding documents.

I say the next president should be "**** this let's subject SDS rulings to a referendum, period". what's the SDS gonna do against the voters exactly? does the SDS have the means to enforce its rulings? no? tough luck then
        Actually, they do. The executive branch, which includes military, police, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Actually, you're wrong about that. The right to be able to stand up against the govt. is enshrined in our founding documents.
          care to quote the relevant part(s)?

Actually, they do. The executive branch, which includes military, police, etc.
          lol who do you think heads the executive? the judges? this ain't Megacity One (yet)

Comment

care to quote the relevant part(s)?

lol who do you think heads the executive? the judges? this ain't Megacity One (yet)
            I think it's one of the amendments.

At this point in time, Trump is head of the executive branch.

Comment

I think it's one of the amendments.
              so you'd be good with the people taking up arms to overthrow King Don? you just said it's legal

At this point in time, Trump is head of the executive branch.
              good so as I was saying
              it behoves the next president to ignore SDS rulings until that broken system's fixed

Comment

More often it depends upon your degree of guilt. Perhaps minorities are more often entangled in the legal system because they commit more crimes?
                Your homework: What percentage of each race commits criminal activity? I'll even help you with one class of person. Illegal immigrants, whose percentage is 100. Simply sneaking in or overstaying is illegal.
                Your wrong, on the whole minorities thing. The largest contributor to the crime stats for minorities is non-violent drug related crimes. It just so happens that areas where you'd find more minorities tend to be policed more than areas where there are less minorities. Countless studies and surveys have shown white people to use drugs as much if not more than minorities, however their neighborhoods tend to not be policed as much. For example, "Stop and frisk" isn't something you hear about in the suburbs in which case you'd find a whole lot of white people in the suburbs with possession, and many of them with intent to distribute. There is no higher prevalence of crime between any group and that's the point of people who bring up incarceration rates between groups.

Then compound implicit bias to this. But I know you don't believe that white people can be racist because magic. So might as well not mention it.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Could we use such magic to turn Annoyed into a minority to see what it is like? My vote is for Hispanic
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Your wrong, on the whole minorities thing. The largest contributor to the crime stats for minorities is non-violent drug related crimes. It just so happens that areas where you'd find more minorities tend to be policed more than areas where there are less minorities. Countless studies and surveys have shown white people to use drugs as much if not more than minorities, however their neighborhoods tend to not be policed as much. For example, "Stop and frisk" isn't something you hear about in the suburbs in which case you'd find a whole lot of white people in the suburbs with possession, and many of them with intent to distribute. There is no higher prevalence of crime between any group and that's the point of people who bring up incarceration rates between groups.

Then compound implicit bias to this. But I know you don't believe that white people can be racist because magic. So might as well not mention it.
                    Maybe because the white suburban user get his buzz on and goes to crash on the couch in front of the TV, while the urban user goes out to the streetcorner, congregates with his friends and causes trouble? It's not as if a bunch of young folks hanging out together try to out-stupid each other is a new concept, whether or not drugs are involved.

And law enforcement isn't racist. If the law prescribes the same penalty for the white kid as it does the black kid, it's equal. If the law says the white kid gets 5 years and tghe black kid gets 10 years for the same crime in the same circumstances, then we can talk.

But perhaps in your mind, equal treatment isn't enough. If the minority isn't granted special exceptions or other preferential treatment, its racism in your mind?

Comment

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tr...ing-2019-12-03

gosh who could've expected that :|

Comment

I expected it several times and said it almost as many times
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          I expected it several times and said it almost as many times
                          I never expected a corporate billionaire president to help his fellow billionaires (especially after he promised during his campaign that he'd fight the elites & help the smallfolk)

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Could we use such magic to turn Annoyed into a minority to see what it is like? My vote is for Hispanic
                            Make sure it's a dark skinned hispanic. He can cheat out of it if he is light skinned.

Maybe because the white suburban user get his buzz on and goes to crash on the couch in front of the TV, while the urban user goes out to the streetcorner, congregates with his friends and causes trouble? It's not as if a bunch of young folks hanging out together try to out-stupid each other is a new concept, whether or not drugs are involved.
                            Except those people aren't being arrested for violent crimes. Just for possession. This would make sense if those crimes were in addition to this chaos you seem to think people in cities commit. I suspect you don't know what you are talking about and are speaking out of your arse. Give me proof and not supposition. Wait...I thought you didn't like speculation?

And law enforcement isn't racist. If the law prescribes the same penalty for the white kid as it does the black kid, it's equal. If the law says the white kid gets 5 years and tghe black kid gets 10 years for the same crime in the same circumstances, then we can talk.
                            Just the other day I was pulled over for speeding more than 10 over the limit (the limit is way too slow and almost no one respects it). However the officer only cited me for going 5 over the limit event though he should have ticketed me for way more and given me more points than I'd care to have on my license. I never said that the law is racist and I do believe that the majority of police officers are generally good and fair. But at the same time, a minority large enough to make a difference does exist that does have an implicit or explicit bias that impacts how they enforce and carry out the laws. This impacts crime statistics too. If even 1% of the nations police and judges are racist, that's enough to skew the crime rates to a noticeable degree and I am pretty sure that the actual number of racist cops and judges is a bit higher than 1%.

It is an indisputable fact that a white person gets less time in prison for the same crimes as a black person. So actually, yes, white kids get less time than black kids for the same crime in the same circumstances. The law gives a great about of leaveway to officers and judges for reasons that I hope don't need to be explained. The problem is that some cops and judges are inconsistent between different population groups.

And while we are at it, here's a proof of concept. Compare sentencing between men and women as well as police interactions between men and women. Can you honestly tell me that sexism doesn't exist in the system? Implicit and explicit bias does impact these things big time.

But perhaps in your mind, equal treatment isn't enough. If the minority isn't granted special exceptions or other preferential treatment, its racism in your mind?
                            Or you keep making an ass out of yourself by assuming things.

Well, those farmers made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              Well, those farmers made their bed, now they have to sleep in it.
                              those who voted for Don had it coming alrite
                              my only concern's for those farmers who didn't vote for him

Comment

It's not just what the law says, it's also what the law enforcement does. USSR had a fairly sensible constitution, after all, and nowhere did it say that those who disagree with the ruling party ought to be subjected to force psychiatric treatment.
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X