Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it looks like the Democrats want to keep the govt. shuttered.

Trump offers a compromise, and they throw it in his face. (This is similar to a compromise he has offered several times before, but the Dems are being children again.

Trump's offer of temporary protection for immigrants to end shutdown is a 'non-starter,' say Democrats

Additionally, H.R. 301, introduced by a Republican would pay fed. employees who can't stay home, easing their difficulties. Democrats have also declared this as dead on arrival. Who is acting like a 4 year old, holding its breath till it gets what it wants?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Who is acting like a 4 year old
      the mad kid I mean mad king. he wants his wall

holding its breath till it gets what it wants?
      you say the Dems want a not-wall??

besides https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...EZJ/story.html

if king Don keeps this up it's not your wall you'll be worried about - it's your wallet

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
        the mad kid I mean mad king. he wants his wall

you say the Dems want a not-wall??

besides https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...EZJ/story.html

if king Don keeps this up it's not your wall you'll be worried about - it's your wallet
        Just wait until millions of people don't get their tax returns, or more importantly, corporations and small businesses.
        Then they might care.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Trump offers a compromise, and they throw it in his face. (This is similar to a compromise he has offered several times before, but the Dems are being children again.
          Having a gun held to your face and being asked repeatedly and very loudly to sign is not a compromise.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          Just wait until millions of people don't get their tax returns, or more importantly, corporations and small businesses.
          Then they might care.
          Fixed
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

To be honest, I get very confused with all this.
            Mr Trump, in his election campaign promises HE (& by default America) is going to build a wall between America & Mexico to stop illegal immigrants, and MEXICO is going to pay for it.
            This was never going to happen, Mexico does not care how many people go to America, why should they?

So now the truth comes out, if all you people that voted in favour of this wall want it, you are going to have to pay for it.
            This is where I get confused. Do the American people (& their elected politicians) want to stop the illegal Mexicans or not?
            Do the Democrats want a wall to stop the illegals, but not want to pay for it? Or do they think that a wall that costs so much is over-kill and Border Security is doing enough to keep the influx at reasonable numbers?
            I realise that a great number of people (not just Americans) can find better things to spend the money on, but that is always the case.

Can anybody explain it all to me?
            http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Many people want to stop illegals.
              But they aren't the people who can make a difference.

Despite their talk on the issue, they SAY they want to secure the borders, the Democrats actually want more illegals and encourage their coming here. They have a long term strategy which depends upon illegals. They are are aware that most illegals and immigrants in general use the welfare systems, and will therefore vote Democratic. They advocate various amnesty plans and "paths to citizenship" which translates to a path to the voting booth for millions of illegals. They want to stack the electoral deck so they never lose another election. If you look at the Dem counter proposals to the wall, they want to hire more judges, build more processing facilities for illegals and such. They want to increase illegal immigration.

Regarding some of the Republicans, just as with the Dems, they SAY they want to secure the border, but they don't want to do anything that actually will do so. They want a continuing supply of cheap labor for their business pals in order to keep downward pressure on wages.

So in essence, many people on both sides of the aisle talk a good game about securing the border. but do not want to actually do anything to stop the flow of illegals.

Comment

I'm hearing a lot of conspiracy theories with little proof
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I'm hearing a lot of conspiracy theories with little proof
                  This is true jelgate, but the answer (damning both sides) makes sense, and is probably true.
                  By the time proof catches up with the facts it is usually too late.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                    To be honest, I get very confused with all this.
                    Mr Trump, in his election campaign promises HE (& by default America) is going to build a wall between America & Mexico to stop illegal immigrants, and MEXICO is going to pay for it.
                    No default here "Mexico will pay for it" was the rallying cry for trump
                    Mexico Will NEVER pay for this wall, so he LIED, he engaged in base racism to encourage his equally base supporters.
                    This was never going to happen, Mexico does not care how many people go to America, why should they?
                    Because being used as a conduit for anything on this level is bad. Trump's "call for a wall" damages Mexico as much as it does the US.
                    So now the truth comes out, if all you people that voted in favour of this wall want it, you are going to have to pay for it.
                    Yes, they will.
                    This is where I get confused. Do the American people (& their elected politicians) want to stop the illegal Mexicans or not?
                    Not really.
                    Do the Democrats want a wall to stop the illegals, but not want to pay for it? Or do they think that a wall that costs so much is over-kill and Border Security is doing enough to keep the influx at reasonable numbers?
                    What they want is to stop illegals, but they know a big wall will stop no-one. Influx of immigration, legal or not is based on "paying" for anything, but need for either workers, or slaves.
                    I realise that a great number of people (not just Americans) can find better things to spend the money on, but that is always the case.
                    But they spent their TIME on it, and time is money.
                    Can anybody explain it all to me?
                    I just tried to.
                    sigpic

Comment

Many people want to stop illegals.
                      But they aren't the people who can make a difference.

Despite their talk on the issue, they SAY they want to secure the borders, the Democrats actually want more illegals and encourage their coming here. They have a long term strategy which depends upon illegals. They are are aware that most illegals and immigrants in general use the welfare systems, and will therefore vote Democratic. They advocate various amnesty plans and "paths to citizenship" which translates to a path to the voting booth for millions of illegals. They want to stack the electoral deck so they never lose another election. If you look at the Dem counter proposals to the wall, they want to hire more judges, build more processing facilities for illegals and such. They want to increase illegal immigration.

Regarding some of the Republicans, just as with the Dems, they SAY they want to secure the border, but they don't want to do anything that actually will do so. They want a continuing supply of cheap labor for their business pals in order to keep downward pressure on wages.

So in essence, many people on both sides of the aisle talk a good game about securing the border. but do not want to actually do anything to stop the flow of illegals.
                      Please see filtered version, BIAS free. See how 99% of your post is garbage?

The Wall was a trademark for political capital, the fact you don't get it means you were played by Trump and his cronies. You're probably too far gone now to admit to yourself that you've been conned.

If you ask me, I'd say that if Trump could magically make the Wall issue disappears he would, because what was his political nuke is biting him in the a$$ now. I'm convinced he would like nothing more than cancel that idiotic project of his to focus on re-election, but he's stuck in the pile of sh*t / Mexican standoff he created.
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                        This is true jelgate, but the answer (damning both sides) makes sense, and is probably true.
                        By the time proof catches up with the facts it is usually too late.
                        jelgate (and most of the youngsters around here) care little about what makes sense, if none of the talking heads on the TV news tells them something, it doesn't exist.

As far as I can tell, looking at the overall situation and figuring out for yourself what is going on is a lost art.

Comment

jelgate (and most of the youngsters around here) care little about what makes sense, if none of the talking heads on the TV news tells them something, it doesn't exist.

As far as I can tell, looking at the overall situation and figuring out for yourself what is going on is a lost art.
                          Please give us a detailed account of your latest trip to the border. We're waiting.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Haven't been to Canada in about 20 years.

As far as the southern border goes, who needs to visit? It ain't all that difficult to read news reports over a long period of time and figure out what is going on. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

But I do admit, it seems to be a lost art.

Comment

You contradicted yourself again
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Haven't been to Canada in about 20 years.

As far as the southern border goes, who needs to visit? It ain't all that difficult to read news reports over a long period of time and figure out what is going on. Or it shouldn't be, anyway.

But I do admit, it seems to be a lost art.
                                The box of rocks wants it's brain back, it would use it better than you.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X