This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
    Should I wear a burka so I don't get rapped? It's not the womens fault some guyes are not man enough to behave themselves. Stop victim blaming.
    In principle, I agree with you. But we live in a sick society, and reality has to be taken into account. It is an effective solution to the problem, like it or not.

Comment

A cognitive bias is a mistake in reasoning, evaluating, remembering, or other cognitive process, often occurring as a result of holding onto one's preferences and beliefs regardless of contrary information. Psychologists study cognitive biases as they relate to memory, reasoning, and decision-making.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The problem is that he doesn't believe in psychology
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Which would be part of said cognitive bias
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

This must by the mythological Logic Tood. I thought he was a legend
            Jelgate is right

Comment

That is not quite accurate. I know Psychology exists. I just don't think that we as a species know enough about it to even pretend to be able to accurately understand it, let alone treat issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                That is not quite accurate. I know Psychology exists. I just don't think that we as a species know enough about it to even pretend to be able to accurately understand it, let alone treat issues.
                You should have a word with the Muslims in the Kingdom, they do force women to wear burkas bbq covers. Last I heard though it didn't really help them much to prevent rape. Same goes for the Indian ladies.
                Spoiler:
                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Going with the "feels" again I see.
                  You will have to switch to democrat soon.
                  sigpic
                  ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                  A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                  The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I never bought his idea that the left only deals with feelings and the right only deals with logic. Although us moderates must be half
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I never bought his idea that the left only deals with feelings and the right only deals with logic. Although us moderates must be half
                      I once heard a saying about absolutes and certain Lords...
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Don't buy it at all, just using his logic.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Don't buy it at all, just using his logic.
                          The whole concept of left and right is stupid, period. There is no such thing as definite universal political duality.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Oh yeah the women was at fault for being upskirted. Brilliant logic there but then you have GOP critters saying women are at fault too when they get raped.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Oh yeah the women was at fault for being upskirted. Brilliant logic there but then you have GOP critters saying women are at fault too when they get raped.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/personal-foul/
                              I never said it was the woman's fault she was upskirted. In fact, I said the upskirter should be prosecuted.

Ok, I understand the reasoning behind this law, and agree with it. People who pull this crap ought to be prosecuted.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/16/uk/up...cli/index.html

But the question must be asked. If you want to avoid being upskirted, why not just not wear a skirt?
                              But like it or not, not wearing a skirt is an effective solution to the problem.

Let's put it another way. Wouldn't it be pretty stupid to walk down a dark alley in a seedy section of any large city with a wad of $1000 dollar bills in each hand? Of course it would. It's a criminal offense for someone to rob you (or worse), but it's still a damned stupid thing to do.

Comment

I never said it was the woman's fault she was upskirted. In fact, I said the upskirter should be prosecuted.
                                Yes you did, and you repeated it here:
                                But like it or not, not wearing a skirt is an effective solution to the problem.
                                You just put the onus on the crime on the victim.
                                Let's put it another way. Wouldn't it be pretty stupid to walk down a dark alley in a seedy section of any large city with a wad of $1000 dollar bills in each hand? Of course it would. It's a criminal offense for someone to rob you (or worse), but it's still a damned stupid thing to do.
                                Let's put it another way, she was asking for it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X