Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or watch both and try to dig out the facts from all the bias?

Children are taught to do that in History class, I'm sure you can do it too.

Comment

Its not just bias. Although they are all biased to their agenda. The media loves to spread fear and panic because it makes for good sales. I for one blame the media for inflating this belief about cops being racist in the US. I'm sure its true in some areas but not in all the areas the media reports.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Its not just bias. Although they are all biased to their agenda. The media loves to spread fear and panic because it makes for good sales. I for one blame the media for inflating this belief about cops being racist in the US. I'm sure its true in some areas but not in all the areas the media reports.
        Speaking off...a lot of issues with the police in the US have to do with the total and utter lack of accountability. Take for example this sexual assault committed by a police officer (Linky). She didn't break any laws. She was in her private home. They were called in by her to assist her. He proceeded to enter her home and treat her like a criminal. And what did she do wrong? She didn't bow before the police officer and say "Yes my lord and savior. No master, yes master." So he started harassing her and ended up groping her while she was naked. The officer's punishment? An incomplete unnecessarily drawn out internal investigation and a retirement with full pension and benefits.

Another officer in Texas has a woman sodomized (linky) and we can expect the internal investigation to last months if not years.

Another female victim. (linky) This time...a victim of a crime called the police and was rewarded for her trust by being treated like a criminal and then was promptly stripped and well...if a civilian did that he'd be accused of some hefty sexual crimes.

I could continue collecting just this one form of police misconduct and come up with very few examples of cops making it into the sex offender registry as a result. But if Citizen Joe did any of this stuff...he wouldn't only be on the registry, but in jail.

I don't think it's just about race. But even Rand Paul (and most libertarians too) say that race does play a role in the justice system...to the determent of minorities (just think how it favors women...well not the women in these examples).

The cause is a total lack of accountability. Even civil lawsuits don't get paid out by the officers nor the departments that enable them. There is no incentive for a police officer to always follow the law. If you make him angry, he can ruin your day. Sure, all charges and stuff will be dropped. Sure, if you're lucky you win a settlement in court. But nothing, absolutely nothing happens to the police officer.
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          How did that make you feel?
          How do you think it made me feel. Peeved off. Just cause i don't want to donate to 'support a cause' does not automatically make me Phobic about it. I don't donate to breast cancer orgs.. So am i boobphobic??
          (and yes that IS a counter argument i tried against one of those 2 groups. All THAT response got in return was a "You must hate women".)

No, that is not what they represent -at all-.
          Then what do they represent, if not consistently showing how 'different' those groups are?

So, what you are saying is discrimination is a inbuilt feature of some religions?
          If I ask a baker to make me a rainbow cake, that means I am forcing that baker to support "gays"?
          By the same token, if I go to a "Christian bakery" does that mean I am supporting Christians if they are the only local bakery?
          Can you see how patently ridiculous that sounds?
          And how less ridiculous is it to say "Yes we know your religion says 'Gays are wrong', but you are not 'supporting it' if you cater a gay wedding.."

No, I don't I -really- don't. Perhaps this is why you are having difficulties in seeing what I am saying. You are assuming that the words I am using are being used "randomly" and "interchangeably", and I can assure you that they are not.
          Then i apologize for the misunderstanding..

Businesses -don't- have religions, they don't have feelings, they exist to make money, not to support a social agenda.
          Again, how weak must your faith be that to provide a service for someone who is different "challenges" it?
          Yes a Business exists to make money. Otherwise they would be a "non profit organization'. BUT that does not mean the owners/workers do NOT have religions or feelings.....

Ok.
          If I hit you with a car while I am drunk, do I deserve to die?
          As these days that is considered only vehicular homicide, no it wouldn't qualify as its not murder.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          Speaking off...a lot of issues with the police in the US have to do with the total and utter lack of accountability.
          And its not just lack of accountability with the cops.. BUT in office and government.
          If what happened in the VA scandal happened to a PRIVATE hospital, you can bet people would have been fired left right and center, if not jailed for their acts.
          BUT cause it was the VA (a govt ran health care org), it seems to be ok.. only a few firings here and there, and some one gets to resign with pension......
          Nothing to see here.. move along.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            How do you think it made me feel. Peeved off. Just cause i don't want to donate to 'support a cause' does not automatically make me Phobic about it. I don't donate to breast cancer orgs.. So am i boobphobic??
            (and yes that IS a counter argument i tried against one of those 2 groups. All THAT response got in return was a "You must hate women".)
            So, Someone accusing you of something you were not, and attempting to denigrate you made you pissed off.
            Right?
            Welcome to how a Gay person feels.

Then what do they represent, if not consistently showing how 'different' those groups are?
            That they have their own beliefs, thier own values, and the deserve to be celebrated just as much as any other group as well. That despite any minor differences in colour, ethnicity, sexuality etc, they are the SAME as us, just not "clones".

And how less ridiculous is it to say "Yes we know your religion says 'Gays are wrong', but you are not 'supporting it' if you cater a gay wedding.."
            Again, if they feel they must be discriminatory in order to "be a good Christian", then one of them needs to go, and I'll take the gays over the church any day over the week and twice on Sundays. At least half of them don't want me, and the other half will wait till I'm 18 or over, unlike the church.

Then i apologize for the misunderstanding..
            No probs.

Yes a Business exists to make money. Otherwise they would be a "non profit organization'. BUT that does not mean the owners/workers do NOT have religions or feelings.....
            I'm not asking them to not have feelings, I am asking them to understand the difference between private life and public life. In public life, we deal with people we may or may not agree with all the time, in any job we may work in, and sometimes we need to reign our private feeling in.

As these days that is considered only vehicular homicide, no it wouldn't qualify as its not murder.
            Just checking.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

To show the further "moral decay" ( ) of society.

Same sex marriage will be put to a plebiscite before, or just after the next federal election (next year) out here.
              If nothing changes, it will pass into law.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't donate to breast cancer orgs.. So am i boobphobic??
                Boobphobia -- one of the rarest phobias in existance, I imagine.

That's actually an odd response.

I'd probably reply with, "mustn't have had any family member or friend suffer from it", which is usually the way such donations start.

[cue my donations to the Michael J Fox Foundation - before my mother's run in with Parkinson's I would probably never have considered them)
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Boobphobia -- one of the rarest phobias in existance, I imagine.

That's actually an odd response.

I'd probably reply with, "mustn't have had any family member or friend suffer from it", which is usually the way such donations start.

[cue my donations to the Michael J Fox Foundation - before my mother's run in with Parkinson's I would probably never have considered them)
                  Oh, I have got that response from all girl groups of people looking for donations, but I sometimes wonder if that is because they think I'm Homophobic, or because they are all girls. I must admit I have far more........... misunderstandings with gays of the female designation than I do with male. I am far less tolerant of "militant" anything than a good argument.
                  sigpic

Comment

I freely admit that I have believe in a cause, or I'm not donating my precious money to it.

Parkinson's is personal. ALS too, but I didn't empty a bucket of ice over my head cause that won't help the people suffering from it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I freely admit that I have believe in a cause, or I'm not donating my precious money to it.

Parkinson's is personal. ALS too, but I didn't empty a bucket of ice over my head cause that won't help the people suffering from it.
                      The Ice bucket Challenge was great for awareness, and if you did it in such a way to get sponsors to pay to see you do it, it could raise some money. One of my old customers who I got along great with had hair he had been growing for 20 years, and as part of the "shave for a cure" organization, he shaved his head and beard and raised over 30 grand!!
                      It can be done, but you have to think ahead.
                      sigpic

Comment

Wait a minute now, I thought the law was supposed to be gender blind.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/21...?intcmp=hplnws

GEORGETOWN, Del. – Former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader Molly Shattuck was sentenced Friday to two years of probation after pleading guilty to raping a 15-year-old boy at a vacation rental home in Delaware.
                        Yes, I know. That 15 year old was probably grinning from ear to ear after the "rape" had concluded, never mind the fact that it's impossible to rape a male as far as conventional sex goes.

But under the fictional concept of gender equality, the courts aren't supposed to consider gender differences.

Switch the genders. Suppose a football player with the Ravens had pulled this with a 15 year old girl. I'm willing to bet he would have gotten more than two years of probation.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          never mind the fact that it's impossible to rape a male as far as conventional sex goes.
                          I beg your unbelievable pardon? You make two faulty assertions.
                          1. There are no women that any given man does not want to have sex with.
                          2. No woman can ever overpower a man. Ever.

Seriously? Seriously!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

He does have a point about the sexes were reversed. Their is a gender inequality in the courts that favor women
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

That much is true. There is a disgusting sentencing inequality here.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                                I beg your unbelievable pardon? You make two faulty assertions.
                                1. There are no women that any given man does not want to have sex with.
                                2. No woman can ever overpower a man. Ever.

Seriously? Seriously!
                                It's not a matter of overpowering. If your heart's not in it, your heart's not in it. Not quite so much bloodflow, either. If you get my meaning.

Comment

Working...
                                X