This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Well then, congratulations on your resolve to quit.

My father and grandfather were both occasional smokers and quit. And another family relation died of lung cancer.
    Lung cancer took both my parents, and while they both smoked most of their lives, heavy exposure to asbestos throughout their working lives could have been the culprit as well. The old man operated a service station for decades, way before the risks of Asbestos were known, and it was common to have clouds of brake dust wafting through the shop. I face the same risk, 'cause I grew up working on cars there. back then, no one knew it was a risk.

Comment

http://www.wdrb.com/story/29650818/h...y#WNPoll147728

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- A Hillview man has been arrested after he shot down a drone flying over his property -- but he's not making any apologies for it.

It happened Sunday night at a home on Earlywood Way, just south of the intersection between Smith Lane and Mud Lane in Bullitt County, according to an arrest report.

Hillview Police say they were called to the home of 47-year-old William H. Merideth after someone complained about a firearm.

RELATED: Drone owner disputes shooter's allegations; produces video he claims shows flight path

When they arrived, police say Merideth told them he had shot down a drone that was flying over his house. The drone was hit in mid-air and crashed in a field near Merideth's home.

Police say the owner of the drone claimed he was flying it to get pictures of a friend's house -- and that the cost of the drone was over $1,800.
      If it had been hovering over my home, I would have shot it out of the sky too. If you don't want your precious eye in the sky damaged, best not be on or over my property with it.

Comment

Cecil was wearing a GPS-collar, so there's no way I'll ever believe that moron didn't know which lion he was killing. Beyond that killing endangered animals is just not done at all... or any other animal...

Killing for sport... not done.
        Killing for eating... whole other deal, unless it's an endangered animal.
        So, today there is news that some poacher shot and killed Cecil's brother lion, leaving their cubs with no one to protect them. The an hour or two later, reports surface that this was incorrect and that Jericho was not dead. So now we wait to find out which is true.

I find it interesting that some people are more outraged that people are so outraged over lions being killed than they are about humans - adults, babies, whatever - being shot and killed. I think they are right about that. I don't know if I'm equally outraged over both, but I know I wish that something could be done to take away the reasons for killing both animals and humans.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I don't know if I'm equally outraged over both, but I know I wish that something could be done to take away the reasons for killing both animals and humans.
          I TOTALLY agree with you on this! Why can't we humans just get along and love all animals like we're supposed to? It's what God wants us to do anyway.
          Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
          (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
            I TOTALLY agree with you on this! Why can't we humans just get along and love all animals like we're supposed to? It's what God wants us to do anyway.
            Well, that's not really practical; we need to kill things in order to eat them. It's how animal life on this planet works.
            What I oppose is the unnecessary killing of animals, such as "sport" hunting.

If they want to call it "sport", make it a real sport, with the possibility of losing. Recreational hunters should go into the wild with no weapons or other technological toys that ensure their victory over a helpless animal.

The prey should be able to turn the tables so the hunter becomes the hunted, if you want to call it "sport". Otherwise, it's just senseless slaughter.

Oh, and this morning, it appears that Cecil's "brother" Jericho was not killed, and is not really a blood relative.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=32826392

Comment

So, today there is news that some poacher shot and killed Cecil's brother lion, leaving their cubs with no one to protect them. The an hour or two later, reports surface that this was incorrect and that Jericho was not dead. So now we wait to find out which is true.
              He's alive - has been confirmed by the researchers tracking his movements.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

He's alive - has been confirmed by the researchers tracking his movements.
                Good to know. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                  Whatever the case may be, IMOHO, he lured the lion out of where he was protected ON PURPOSE so he could say that he did it, then came back to the States where he knew he wouldn't get prosecuted. I think he should be sent back over there to answer for what he did to Cecil the Lion.
                  One of the best comments i saw on this subject, was
                  WHY if its a game PRESERVE (somewhere these creatures are supposed to be preserved and protected) was there no fenceline preventing people just waltzing into it and driving out?

Originally posted by ZRFTS View Post
                  As for the people who demand money for these things; equally pathetic for most of the same reasons.
                  That's why i feel in addition to hunting down and charging all those who DO the killings (nearly always illegally) we should be hunting down and charging those who BUY the product of the killing, with accessory after the fact.

Reduce the demand!

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  If it had been hovering over my home, I would have shot it out of the sky too. If you don't want your precious eye in the sky damaged, best not be on or over my property with it.
                  Agreed. If i had more than just some BB guns i would also shoot a drone that flies over my property.

I find it interesting that some people are more outraged that people are so outraged over lions being killed than they are about humans - adults, babies, whatever - being shot and killed. I think they are right about that. I don't know if I'm equally outraged over both, but I know I wish that something could be done to take away the reasons for killing both animals and humans.
                  True. I also find it strange that we can see people up in arms at this, but there are STILL those out there defending what PP is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    One of the best comments i saw on this subject, was
                    WHY if its a game PRESERVE (somewhere these creatures are supposed to be preserved and protected) was there no fenceline preventing people just waltzing into it and driving out?
                    Because we're not talking a few square miles or kilometers...

HWANGE NATIONAL PARK

Named after a local Nhanzwa chief, Hwange National Park is the largest Park in Zimbabwe occupying roughly 14 650 square kilometers*. It is located in the northwest corner of the country about one hour south of the Mighty Victoria Falls.
                    * equals to 5656,39 square miles
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

What the hell is in the water out there?

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...ng-today/page5

If you want to be a boss in California, that might just be impossible. If Speaker of the Assembly Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) gets his way with his sponsored bill that has passed through committee that would literally phase out your right to be called the boss of your own company.

Atkins efforts are echoed by president Pro Tem Kevin De León who stated that he and his caucus were fully on board. De León (D-Los Angeles) said, “No longer will workers confront the hostile environment which comes every day when they have to face being stratified in their careers.”

The California Legislature is debating a bill that has passed through committee that would phase out hierarchy within a company. The bill is considered a landmark bill by many to eliminate what has been referred to as “wholesale oppression” of employees of a company.

De León (D-Los Angeles) said, “No longer will workers confront the hostile environment which comes every day when they have to face being stratified in their careers.”

AB-69 details the terms which can no longer as stated in the law be used to “create a hostile work environment.” As codified in the law, the terms “supervisor, manager, overseer, team leader, leader, producer, director, controller, chair, boss, captain, head person, head honcho, authority, chief, chairperson, chairman, partner, inspector or any other term that may create a perception of inequity that an employee may perceive as harmful to their employment individuality.” Speaker Atkins stated, “This legislation in coordination with our recent law regarding bullying in the workplace will successfully create a harmonious environment for our residents which will enhance their life experience.”
                      So, now the perpetually whiny object to someone being their boss?

Comment

IMO, there's more important things out there to worry about than being called 'boss' Sheesh!
                        Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                        (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

What are you whining about now?
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

As far as I can tell that's made up. I can find no record of such a bill in California. The real AB-69 concerns police body cameras.

If you want to be a boss in California, that might just be impossible. If Speaker of the Assembly Toni G. Atkins (D-San Diego) gets his way with his sponsored bill that has passed through committee that would literally phase out your right to be called the boss of your own company.
                            What's more, Toni Atkins is a woman. An openly gay woman. This looks like nothing more than conservative lies by, as far as I can tell, one conservative website.
                            Last edited by Britta; 05 August 2015, 11:46 PM.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

His tinfoil hat is far too tight.. I blame all the insane conspiracy nut sites he visits..

Comment

WTF? So now, all words meaning boss/supervisor are verboten cause they might 'offend'? Wow..
                                What next. Remove all terms meing "YOU ARE FIRED"?

Though for me, i am more concerned that a city in CA is allowing ILLEGAL immigrants to serve on its council, and one of the politicians in Baltimore MA, is wanting to extend the sanctuary status of his city, to the entire STATE of MA.

Comment

Working...
                                X