Page 854 of 854 FirstFirst ... 354754804844851852853854
Results 17,061 to 17,070 of 17070

Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Special breaks?
    You mean like a free pass on tax that the repubs (for their corporate buddies) have been pushing for years?
    The one they got under bush and trump?

Looking after other PEOPLE however, that's bad.
    Looking after infrastructure, that's BAD as well.
    SAD!!!
    See my response to you in the other thread: https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/...1#post14669411
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

And another Democrat bites the dust.

What, is this guy nuts?

Sanders calls for 'registry of disreputable federal law enforcement officers,' releasing half of all US prisoners

Just days after a Texas Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) facility was shot up in what the FBI called a "targeted attack," Bernie Sanders unveiled a new plan on Sunday that would create a "registry of disreputable federal law enforcement officers," and provide "financial support" for similar lists at the state level.

Sanders' freewheeling proposal would also "ban the prosecution of children under the age of 18 in adult courts" for all offenses, apparently including even rape and murder, and would prohibit youth from ever facing prison time for misdemeanors.

The plan additionally would seek to cut the total "incarcerated population in half" by getting rid of what Sanders' campaign called "excessive sentencing."

The unprecedented crime reform initiative comes as ICE officers and workers are also facing a rapidly escalating series of death threats, including protesters menacing their children and shots being fired at their offices several times in the past month, amid a rising tide of anti-ICE rhetoric from the left fueled by congressional Democrats, media voices and presidential hopefuls.
    They really are trying to lose in 2020, aren't they?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    And another Democrat bites the dust.

What, is this guy nuts?

Sanders calls for 'registry of disreputable federal law enforcement officers,' releasing half of all US prisoners

They really are trying to lose in 2020, aren't they?
    BS (your post I mean)

this isn't about immigration

a list of corrupt 'LEO' should be an excellent idea why would taxpayers disapprove
    and if minors are like adults then what's the point of having minors mentioned in the law (might as well rehabilitate Jeffrey Epstein)
    Last edited by SoulReaver; Today at 10:06 AM.

They should put a caption under each candidates names on the ballot listing who you actually vote for. Like Ko$h, Monsanto or NRA or Palpatine.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Tretonin Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    They should put a caption under each candidates names on the ballot listing who you actually vote for. Like Ko$h, Monsanto or NRA or Palpatine.
    Trump IS the Senate

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    BS (your post I mean)

this isn't about immigration

a list of corrupt 'LEO' should be an excellent idea why would taxpayers disapprove
    and if minors are like adults then what's the point of having minors mentioned in the law (might as well rehabilitate Jeffrey Epstein)
    You're right, it's not about immigration. It's about throwing the prison gates open, and giving out get out of jail free cards.

You're right, it's not about immigration. It's about throwing the prison gates open, and giving out get out of jail free cards.
    because your 'justice' system's incorruptible right?

who said the GOP cares about americans
    GOP proves once again nationalism's just an excuse like it was back in the 1930's Germany
    (nationalism is the means fascism is the end)

fact is Bernie's addressing potential american victims of your injustice system that's about 300M people so logic says this should gain him a ton of votes among the commonfolk

Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    because your 'justice' system's incorruptible right?

who said the GOP cares about americans
    GOP proves once again nationalism's just an excuse like it was back in the 1930's Germany
    (nationalism is the means fascism is the end)

fact is Bernie's addressing potential american victims of your injustice system that's about 300M people so logic says this should gain him a ton of votes among the commonfolk
    No, our justice system has plenty of issues. However, many of those issues favor the accused criminal.

As far as I can work out from your posts, you oppose punishing criminals. Given your choice, you wouldn't have a criminal justice system. You would just let crime run rampant.

That's not the attitude of most in the U.S., and that is why Sanders just committed political suicide with his remarks.

No, our justice system has plenty of issues. However, many of those issues favor the accused criminal.
    the day you've to deal with the likes of Zachary Wester will be the day you change your mind (wanna bet his victims will vote for Bernie?)
    the only accused that your injustice system favours are those of the elite classes

As far as I can work out from your posts, you oppose punishing criminals. Given your choice, you wouldn't have a criminal justice system.
    As far as I can work out from your posts, you favour criminalizing innocents. Given your choice, you wouldn't have a justice system

That's not the attitude of most in the U.S.
    I know Government worship is the order of the day in that s hole

As far as I can work out from your posts, you oppose punishing criminals. Given your choice, you wouldn't have a criminal justice system. You would just let crime run rampant.

That's not the attitude of most in the U.S., and that is why Sanders just committed political suicide with his remarks.
    Lol no that's just the first guy with common sense and the balls to speak his mind has shown up in your country. How many people, less-favored people let's say, do you think hate law enforcement officers with a passion? Most with good reasons, you know the warning shots? That registry just got him those votes.

Everything else he proposes seems a lot like Canada's current justice system, which is decent. That's also why we end up having the US scum fighting to get trial in Canada instead of the US, because they'd eat much more dirt down there. Time to even things up.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.