Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

well, i picked up on Jels reference, so i keep mine
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Yes, more than I can count.
                  Try googling "gay + Hospital + Christian" and count the damn hits.
                  Wow.. Never knew that. Thanks for the heads up..

Lets take a moment to remember what you are defending here. Lee, for all his tactical genius was a general in a secessionist army from the United states. He was -not- a USA hero, he was a Confederate hero, a hero of a group that was willing to cause the bloodiest war in US history to -not- be part of the USA, but to destroy the USA and replace it with the CSA. He was a traitor to the USA, so why is he a "hero", and who is he a hero to?
                  IF Lincoln had not used force (remember it was the UNION army that started the war by shelling Fort Sumner to FORCE the confederacy to stay in the union), would Lee have HAD to fight?

Of course they would let them take them, they just want them -gone- out of the public space because ill-informed idiots idolise them. Plenty of statues have been removed without any kind of destruction of them.
                  Try telling that to those which have been vandalized..
                  http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...ona/576884001/

http://www.wral.com/another-local-co...ized/14759142/

Even those PAID FOR by relatives of the deceased in Cemeteries are not safe..

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...815-story.html

No, the "wittle bad Nazi's" just committed vehicular homicide, and you are OK with that, cause they had "clubs"
                  SHOW ME ANYWHERE I have condoned that! NO WHERE. I've been vocal about how wrong that was from the get go, but i have been defending the RIGHT Of those neo-nazis to have been there to protest..
                  BUT ANSWER ME THIS.. had those counter protestors not showed up, would that cretin who ran them over, done that??

They haven't ****ING KILLED ANYONE YOU DOUCHEBAG!!
                  Maybe not yet. BUT with the # of instances of Antifa thugs showing up and injuring people, such as that beach having a pro-trump rally last year, Its not going to be long imo, before we DO see bodies hitting the floor..
                  https://www.amren.com/news/2017/02/h...-antifa-thugs/

https://www.chicksontheright.com/201...ugs-australia/

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/lo...protest-islam/

If someone threatens to stab you, how should you defend yourself?
                  With the same tactics?
                  A bigger knife?
                  A gun?
                  Let's see how much of a hypocrite you are.
                  Come again?? If i am against FASCISM, why the hell would i use EXACTLY what fascists did to get my way? Is that NOT MAKING ME a fascist?

If "white pride" was just to celebrate white culture, there is nothing wrong with it. What white pride event do you think we should hold that celebrates white culture?
                  I don't know right now what things i would like to see.. BUT THE MERE fact someone suggesting we should hold a white pride event gets Labeled a racist from the GET GO, while all these other groups pride events get not only condoned, but anyone who is against them, must be a hater is just hypcritical..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  They do not want to scrub them from history.
                  If they want to scrub them from history, they'll have to rewrite the history books as well.

And good luck with that...
                  With the level of liberal indoctrination in colleges and schools, i am sure they are already trying to do that.

Did you even look at any of the images freely available on the internet -- and there were plenty reporters present to document it all.
                  Yes i did. Two of the video clips i saw showed the "don't take this statue crowd" standing there TILL the counter protestors PUSHED against them and a few fists got thrown..

So, you didn't notice the heavily armed anti-government militia who was carrying AR-15's and were so heavily armed I first thought the army or national guard was keeping an eye on the whole thing. But then learned they were in fact part of the right march and militia in nature.
                  The 2nd gives them the right to carry the gun. BUT No law covers carrying BRICKS or bats in the street especially if you are covered up like the antifa thugs were. AND SINCE time and time again we've SEEN exactly what those bats/bricks etc are used for, it certainly to me, seems PREVENTATIVE Law enforcement to stop them and take the bats/bricks.. RATHER than try after the fact, to round up those responsible..
                  Especially when we;ve kept seeing these sorts of things go on where hundreds of people fight, and maybe a dozen or so get arrested only...

Cause with white persons we keep seeing it time and time again, with few if any 'fellow whites' coming out and condemning it.. YET IF a muslim doesn't immediately come out and condemn a fellow muslim's hate speech/acts, the right decry him as a 'supporter/condoning it'.
                  Funny, i see QUITE A FEW whites condemning the hate groups.. EVEN TRUMP DID..

Also, not a patriot?
                  I served in the military, so yes that should have been assumed (especially since i've mentioned that many times)

How do you define your "white pride"?
                  The same as those who want gay/latino/black pride do.. Being proud of our achievements as a race..

Before you read what is in spoiler space, I'd like you to define it how you see it, and then you may want to see what it's about as defined by sociologists. It probably doesn't stroke with your view of it.
                  Then maybe THAT IS THE PROBLEM.. Liberals and psychologists ONLY see people as being white pride must only be that way cause they are 'white power' pushers.. BUT i know many people who are proud of being white, and have NO desire to push for 'white power'..

Con't next post.

Comment

Pence has an image problem all on his own -- though less orange than 45 -- he's equally undesirable and a less than worse but still worse fit for the oval office. The only thing he has going for him is that he's actually been in the game for a while and knows how politics work. I might even give him that he actually understands politics, but he's a conservative, backwards Christian first, repub later kinda guy.
                    So if trump's no good, and neither is pence. .. Who is good enough for you? Hillary? Sanders?

Van plowed its way through tourists in Barcelona -- what shall we label it as?

Terrorism? Incident? Good people on both sides? The tourists shouldn't have been there?

Terrorist drives white van across popular walkway, mowing down tourists and Barcelonians alike.
                    13 people dead so far, and more than 50 people injured.

The driver... morroccon from the latest news sources.
                    I saw it and laughed my ass off when Wolf Blitzed out of his mind, said its a copy cat attack cause of Charlotsville.. ESPECIALLY Since this makes what, 8 of these vehicle attacks IN Europe in the past 8 months..

I also saw a report elsewhere that says the CIA warned Spanish authorities about this a few weeks back..

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    At this point I'm tempted to sit back, grab a bag of butter-flavored Chester's hulless popcorn, and just watch both the ANTIFA and the KKK hate groups go at it then just go in and mop up whoever's left
                    They can host it in one of the football stadiums and sell tickets to view it on pay-per-view!

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    I figured there would be some heads rolling on this.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/17...collision.html
                    And now the USS John Mccain does the same thing.. Makes you wonder WHAT THE HELL are they doing in officer training these days.. This makes what, 4 in the past year? BUT i don't remember hearing of many in the PRIOR 20 years before obama came to power or that many during his first 6 years in office..

Good luck with this one. Here's a hint: It ain't gonna fly.

Kaepernick supporters call for NFL boycott

As far as I'm concerned, the NFL lost any semblance of legitimacy a few years back when they failed to strip the championship from the N.E. Patriots after they had been found to be cheating in the playoffs.
                    I read another article on that protest.. 75 cops were SUPPORTING Kapernick.. Even after all his anti-cop rhetoric.. I wonder what reception those cops are gonna get from their fellow officers when they go back home..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      So if trump's no good, and neither is pence. .. Who is good enough for you? Hillary? Sanders?
                      I wouldn't expect FH to support Pence, or anyone else that we might support because we each have very different ideas of how government should be. Nothin' wrong with that.

But you've seen how the left has behaved since Trump spanked Hillary last year. It doesn't matter who replaces Trump (and at this point, I think I would rather see Trump resign and Pence step in), they're going to use the same attack tactics on anyone they don't approve of. Their mindset seems to be that they are entitled to govern by any means necessary.

Face it, Trump has not been what we had hoped for. At this point, unless Pence does replace him, I think we'll have to settle for pushing the judiciary and the SCOTUS significantly to the right. But that is a very good thing.

And now the USS John Mccain does the same thing.. Makes you wonder WHAT THE HELL are they doing in officer training these days.. This makes what, 4 in the past year? BUT i don't remember hearing of many in the PRIOR 20 years before obama came to power or that many during his first 6 years in office..
                      What I'm wondering is why we haven't seen the mechanics of how the McCain accident happened, as we did almost immediately after the last one.

Comment

Which aren't the first monuments vandalized and will also not be the last.

Remember the Jewish cemetaries where headstones were toppled.

...had those counter protestors not showed up, would that cretin who ran them over, done that??
                        And again, you put the blame on the counterprotesters. If they hadn't been there... but they were and he did plow his car into them. He made that conscious choice to use his car, like IS-members, as a weapon against a group of people.

He could have easily driven the other way and blow of some steam somewhere else, but he didn't. He gave into the violent thought of mowing the down. Intent to harm.

Nothing's going to change the choice he made, whether those protesters were there or not. Perhaps he would have picked a different target and hurt other people instead if they hadn't been there.

Come again?? If i am against FASCISM, why the hell would i use EXACTLY what fascists did to get my way? Is that NOT MAKING ME a fascist?
                        An interview with a longtime anti-fascist activist, perhaps he can explain it to all of us what the deal is:

Militant Tactics in Anti-Fascist Organizing--Interview Transcript

It's an interview from February 14, 2017.

his interview with longtime anti-fascist activist Kieran (who was one of the founders of Three Way Fight thirteen years ago) covers a wide range of topics: from the work of Anti-Racist Action in the 1980s and 90s to the IWW’s General Defense Committee today, from the politics of wearing masks to the dangers of relying on the state for protection, and from engaging organized labor to building community-based self-defense against the far right.

The interview was conducted for KPFA Radio’s Against the Grain by the program’s co-producer Sasha Lilley and was broadcast on February 14, 2017. The audio recording is available for download or online listening [...]. The following transcription, by Clarissa Rogers, appears with the permission of Against the Grain and the participants.
                        I don't know right now what things i would like to see.. BUT THE MERE fact someone suggesting we should hold a white pride event gets Labeled a racist from the GET GO, while all these other groups pride events get not only condoned, but anyone who is against them, must be a hater is just hypcritical.
                        Probably because there is no such thing as "white pride" that could possibly not be seen as racist in nature.

I found a text on Twitter a week or so ago, which explains the problem with the term "white pride" better than I can:

Tweeted by @AdrianXpression, august 17, 2017
                        A common and seemingly reasonable argument for white pride or white nationalism is "why can't I be proud of my culture?".

Well, you can. Always have been able to. We have Irish pride celebrations, we have German drinking festivals, we have Serbian food festivals. Any European culture you can think of has multiple organizations in North American dedicated to taking pride in their heritage and no one gives them **** for it.

But, you see, when you start talking "white pride", that is not a culture. That's a skin colour. There is no white culture, ever was. There is no pan-European culture, never was. Europe is a continent, not a culture or ethnicity.

Now, some of you are probably about to go "But wait! Black pride! How is that okay?". Well, easy. Go find a black person and ask them if their ancestors were slaves. When you find one who says "yes", proceed to ask them "What country in Africa were your ancestors from?". Do you know what their answer will probably be? -- "I don't know."
                        This is because their culture was taken from them. It was beaten out of them. They were enslaved, Christianized, and then white washed. The one unifying feature they have as a people is that history of slavery and that history of being black. They can't have Liberian pride, or Congo pride, or "insert African country" pride because they have no f****ing idea where their ancestors came from other than the broad region of West Africa.

Meanwhile us white people can often trace our ancestors to specific cities and regions. I can trace my mother's maiden name to a single f****ing village in Ireland. I know where I came from. I don't have white culture, I have Irish culture.

So that's why white pride makes you an a-hole but black pride actually makes sense.

And here's the definition of LGBT pride:

Gay pride or LGBT pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements throughout the world.

With the level of liberal indoctrination in colleges and schools, i am sure they are already trying to do that.
                        So, if you're so afraid history will be erased, then I'm sure you know when all these statues were erected and for what purposes?

I ask you though, did Hitler get erased from history because him not having any statues dedicated to him?

Does it bother you that sacred native grounds get bulldozed so an oil pipeline can be build? Because that's sure erasing something alright.
                        Or you know, that whole Mount Rushmore being carved out of the Six Grandfathers, defacing a sacred mountain?

The 2nd gives them the right to carry the gun. BUT No law covers carrying BRICKS or bats in the street especially if you are covered up like the antifa thugs were. AND SINCE time and time again we've SEEN exactly what those bats/bricks etc are used for, it certainly to me, seems PREVENTATIVE Law enforcement to stop them and take the bats/bricks.. RATHER than try after the fact, to round up those responsible.
                        Except of course, the right side was also carrying bats and sticks.

Funny, i see QUITE A FEW whites condemning the hate groups.. EVEN TRUMP DID.
                        No, he didn't which the right groups were very pleased about.

And so do Muslims but that's never good enough.

I served in the military, so yes that should have been assumed (especially since i've mentioned that many times)
                        Thought as much -- just wanted to be sure.

The same as those who want gay/latino/black pride do.. Being proud of our achievements as a race.
                        Except of course, that there is no white race.
                        See above.

Someone who puts all Americans above party perhaps.

I also saw a report elsewhere that says the CIA warned Spanish authorities about this a few weeks back.
                        Hindsight and all, but a larger plot was under foot so it could have been far worse.

And now the USS John Mccain does the same thing.. Makes you wonder WHAT THE HELL are they doing in officer training these days.
                        My first reaction actually: "Who's driving these things?"

Comment

IF Lincoln had not used force (remember it was the UNION army that started the war by shelling Fort Sumner to FORCE the confederacy to stay in the union), would Lee have HAD to fight?
                          You remember rather incorrectly. Firstly, the war started before he took office to begin with...Second terrorist...sorry....confederate forces attacked Fort Sumter (Not Sumner). Third, no one forced Lee to fight, that was a choice he made on his own. The thing is, he did not see himself as American first, that's why he choose to fight for "Virginia".

Have you seen anyone here defending them? Showing fringe groups and criminals does not make a good argument. Neither does defending the actions of white supremacists. Notice I said actions, not free speech. The fact is, that if a nazi can't exercise their free speech without implementing violent action, then that argument ends right when they run someone over.

SHOW ME ANYWHERE I have condoned that! NO WHERE. I've been vocal about how wrong that was from the get go, but i have been defending the RIGHT Of those neo-nazis to have been there to protest..
                          BUT ANSWER ME THIS.. had those counter protestors not showed up, would that cretin who ran them over, done that??
                          In my opinion, there is a stark difference between you and Annoyed here.

I've seen this pattern of defending white supremacists from you that I have not seen from Annoyed. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend you or anything, but time and time again you've defended them, and in the sense of defending their rights such as free speech. I have not seen Annoyed do the same, and he has defended their rights to free speech. So tell me, why am I seeing such a difference between you two? I've only ever pointed it out to you in the hopes that you can see it...maybe you should stop attaching them to conservatism in your mind? There's a reason why they called themselves "alt-Right".

Maybe not yet. BUT with the # of instances of Antifa thugs showing up and injuring people, such as that beach having a pro-trump rally last year, Its not going to be long imo, before we DO see bodies hitting the floor..
                          https://www.amren.com/news/2017/02/h...-antifa-thugs/

https://www.chicksontheright.com/201...ugs-australia/

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/lo...protest-islam/
                          They were conspicuously absent, which invalidates your argument, no?

Fascists and "Anti-Fascists" are oddly similar in style...there's a strategy game, Victoria II, where it's basically like the board game Risk but with more detailed control of countries and such. There is a faction, Archno-Liberals (As in classical liberalism) that can form a fascist government. Many think it's ironic, funny, and confusing. However, I found it quite fitting. You can arrive at fascism through both liberal or conservative means.

I don't know right now what things i would like to see.. BUT THE MERE fact someone suggesting we should hold a white pride event gets Labeled a racist from the GET GO, while all these other groups pride events get not only condoned, but anyone who is against them, must be a hater is just hypcritical..
                          Which parade does a white Hispanic go to? How about a mixed native/white Hispanic? A black Hispanic? A native/black Hispanic? A white/black Hispanic? An Asian Hispanic? An Indian Hispanic? An Indian/Asian Hispanic? An Australian Aboriginal/Black Hispanic? And Indian/White/Pacific Islander Hispanic? Latino pride isn't a race thing, or a thing at all considering that I haven't ever heard of it (Maybe heritage parades?). Black pride has rather negative connotations. Gay pride is really unique as in they are LGBT is the only group with "pride" events.

I also have another question, what is your heritage? How have you celebrated it? And if you don't know, why not find out? And if you haven't celebrated it, why not? Better yet, why don't white people do this? It's perfectly fine to do. Maybe after doing that you can have your gay white pride parade...because once again...only people doing "pride" events are the LGBT peeps.

Where did you go to school?

Yes i did. Two of the video clips i saw showed the "don't take this statue crowd" standing there TILL the counter protestors PUSHED against them and a few fists got thrown..
                          So if you shove me, I get to run you over in a car and it would be your fault and not mine?

The 2nd gives them the right to carry the gun. BUT No law covers carrying BRICKS or bats in the street especially if you are covered up like the antifa thugs were. AND SINCE time and time again we've SEEN exactly what those bats/bricks etc are used for, it certainly to me, seems PREVENTATIVE Law enforcement to stop them and take the bats/bricks.. RATHER than try after the fact, to round up those responsible..
                          Especially when we;ve kept seeing these sorts of things go on where hundreds of people fight, and maybe a dozen or so get arrested only...
                          Actually it says "arms" not guns. Technically, arms can be just about any weapon...hints the term "armed".

Funny, i see QUITE A FEW whites condemning the hate groups.. EVEN TRUMP DID..
                          Trump only did that after being begged to for days and pestered by reporters only to back track on it and call nazis "good people". I also see quite a few Muslims condemn terrorism, but that doesn't stop you from saying that they don't.

The same as those who want gay/latino/black pride do.. Being proud of our achievements as a race..
                          But there is no Black/Latino pride thing....

Then maybe THAT IS THE PROBLEM.. Liberals and psychologists ONLY see people as being white pride must only be that way cause they are 'white power' pushers.. BUT i know many people who are proud of being white, and have NO desire to push for 'white power'..

Con't next post.
                          Problem is...historically they are right. Maybe we need an example of a "white pride" thing that doesn't devolve into "white power"...because there isn't one.

My money is on electronics, at this point it must be some sort of software issue that managed to creep through the cracks.

I read another article on that protest.. 75 cops were SUPPORTING Kapernick.. Even after all his anti-cop rhetoric.. I wonder what reception those cops are gonna get from their fellow officers when they go back home..
                          The same kind that cops who rat out corrupted officers get...harassed, stalked, and left alone when they need back up in the field.

I wouldn't expect FH to support Pence, or anyone else that we might support because we each have very different ideas of how government should be. Nothin' wrong with that.

But you've seen how the leftRight has behaved since Trump Obama spanked HillaryMcCain last year. It doesn't matter who replaces Trump Obama (and at this point, I think I would rather see Trump Obama resign and Pence Biden step in), they're going to use the same attack tactics on anyone they don't approve of. Their mindset seems to be that they are entitled to govern by any means necessary.

Face it, Trump Obama has not been what we had hoped for. At this point, unless Pence Biden does replace him, I think we'll have to settle for pushing the judiciary and the SCOTUS significantly to the [strike]right. But that is a very good thing.
                          Fixed
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't mind the bromance Biden/Obama back -- they make for good meme's.

Comment

But you've seen how the left has behaved since Trump spanked Hillary last year. It doesn't matter who replaces Trump (and at this point, I think I would rather see Trump resign and Pence step in), they're going to use the same attack tactics on anyone they don't approve of. Their mindset seems to be that they are entitled to govern by any means necessary.
                              Which is my POV exactly.. No matter who us republicans have in, those on the left won't be happy..

Face it, Trump has not been what we had hoped for. At this point, unless Pence does replace him, I think we'll have to settle for pushing the judiciary and the SCOTUS significantly to the right. But that is a very good thing.
                              But is that cause of congress stalling him, or cause he is actually bad?

Which aren't the first monuments vandalized and will also not be the last.
                              So we should jsut learn to put up with it?

And again, you put the blame on the counterprotesters. If they hadn't been there... but they were and he did plow his car into them. He made that conscious choice to use his car, like IS-members, as a weapon against a group of people.
                              HOW MANY times must i say i totally and utterly CONDEMN what that ****for bran did?

Probably because there is no such thing as "white pride" that could possibly not be seen as racist in nature.
                              Which to ME IS racist in itself, saying "Whites can't ever have or show pride in their race with it not being seen as racism, but every other race CAN"... BY the legal definition of racism THAT certainly qualifies (denying the opportunity to someone based on race).

Except of course, the right side was also carrying bats and sticks.
                              And as i said in the politics thread.. IF i know when i go somewhere, that there's going to be a group there KNOWN to be violent, it would be imo STUPID FOR me to not show up, with something to protect myself..

Hindsight and all, but a larger plot was under foot so it could have been far worse.
                              Thing is, we've seen instance after instance of the CIA or other intel agencies WARNING those in the EU of these attacks and nothing seems to get done, TILL THE ATTACK happens... WHY?

My first reaction actually: "Who's driving these things?"
                              Mr Magoo!

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                              You remember rather incorrectly. Firstly, the war started before he took office to begin with...Second terrorist...sorry....confederate forces attacked Fort Sumter (Not Sumner). Third, no one forced Lee to fight, that was a choice he made on his own. The thing is, he did not see himself as American first, that's why he choose to fight for "Virginia".
                              Yea i got smacked for misremembering it on another site, and had to grovel after researching it and finding out yes i was wrong.. I shall now go flagulate myself again..

The fact is, that if a nazi can't exercise their free speech without implementing violent action, then that argument ends right when they run someone over.
                              And the same applies to BLM, Antifata, and all the other groups over the past year we've seen when their protests erupt into violence..

I've seen this pattern of defending white supremacists from you that I have not seen from Annoyed. I'm sorry, I don't mean to offend you or anything, but time and time again you've defended them, and in the sense of defending their rights such as free speech. I have not seen Annoyed do the same, and he has defended their rights to free speech. So tell me, why am I seeing such a difference between you two? I've only ever pointed it out to you in the hopes that you can see it...maybe you should stop attaching them to conservatism in your mind? There's a reason why they called themselves "alt-Right".
                              Dunno. Maybe its cause as a member of the military, where i HAD my right to free speech curtailed while in (which i signed up for), that i am very venomous against it WHEN I AM NOW OUT in the civilian sector.
                              If on a site, like this and they wanna say "Sorry you can't say XYZABC", then by my agreeing to be on that site, i agree to ITS terms.
                              However in public when i am on a street, or going to a school, for them to tell me i can't say XYZ cause it might offend someone is wrong. Especially since we've had thousands of people die to DEFEND the right to free speech.

I also have another question, what is your heritage? How have you celebrated it? And if you don't know, why not find out? And if you haven't celebrated it, why not? Better yet, why don't white people do this? It's perfectly fine to do. Maybe after doing that you can have your gay white pride parade...because once again...only people doing "pride" events are the LGBT peeps.
                              Heritage - Mixed UK/US. Have i celebrated it, yes i;ve tried. Why don't i celebrate it more? Cause every time i've applied to do so, i get told "Sorry you are white, you can't have a pride/Heritage day, cause that would be racist"..

So if you shove me, I get to run you over in a car and it would be your fault and not mine?
                              In laymens terms yes.. I initiated violence to you. BUT ln legaleese, no cause the level of your response was WAY out of proportion to what i initiated against you.. Just like if you are attacking me with your foot, i can't break your NECK to stop you, but can break your leg (so you can't kick me anymore)..

Problem is...historically they are right. Maybe we need an example of a "white pride" thing that doesn't devolve into "white power"...because there isn't one.
                              As shown by Falcon though, any attmept to do so will instantly be shut down for being 'racist', cause any examples of white pride MUST Be also white supremacy.

My money is on electronics, at this point it must be some sort of software issue that managed to creep through the cracks.
                              Hacked then..

Comment

But is that cause of congress stalling him, or cause he is actually bad?
                                I'm starting to think he is just over his head and flailing about. I agree with and support the agenda he has, but I no longer think he can carry it out.
                                He started with an incredible amount of "political capital" if you want to call it that. He dominated the primaries in voter support levels, and won what looked like an unwinnable election. Between wanting to ride on his coattails and fear of pissing the voters who put Trump into office, for a while, after 1/20, very few Republicans opposed him. If I was a Republican congresscritter in a red state, I don't think I would have wanted to oppose him either.

Despite that, the only major accomplishment is Gorsuch to the SCOTUS and other judicial appointments.

And then there is the never ending circus side show.

He *KNOWS* the media oppose him, and he still uses Twitter as a "live mic". but in many cases, it's more like what you get after the show and the mic. is accidentally left open. If you *KNOW* beyond the shadow of a doubt that the media is going to jump on anything you might possibly say, why on earth would you give them so much ammunition?

I get wanting to bypass the media and communicate directly with the public. But he should be having his professional PR people handle his twitter account.

And speaking of his staff.. As of late, it seems as if the the whole operation is about to implode.

A controlled circus side show such as this could very easily be a tool he can use. To distract attention at particularly sensitive times, for example. But this is out of control and is extremely destructive at this point, to the point where I think it has crippled his ability to carry out his agenda.

And we don't have forever.

It's almost certain that Congress will flip next year, one or both houses. Republicans won't vote for someone who can't deliver. Remember George Bush the 1st? Turned out after one term 'cause he betrayed his "read my lips" boast. If the administration can't make significant progress on their advertised agenda by next fall, he won't get the voter support he did. While the Democrats are in even worse shape, they still can't admit to themselves why they lost, they will be strong enough to take the Senate and whittle down the edge the R's have in the House.

If we want to see the agenda Trump ran on enacted, it's time to change quarterbacks.

If it doesn't happen, I will still count this term a win, simply based on what he can do with the judiciary. That is where the real power is in this country anyway. Even just one more SCOTUS seat and a decent number of federal judgeships will have a long lasting benefit to this country.

Comment

Working...
                                X