This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    He broke his nuclear testing site -- the whole mountain has come apart. There is a genuine concern the whole area could potentially be flooded with radiation.

Putting a lot of lives at risk -- lives you are more than happy to extinguish because you feel they deserve to be punished for the crackpot idiot who is their current leader.

Your eagerness to send millions of innocent people to their death is disconcerting.
    And what would you have us do in response to a nuclear attack carried out by Kim ? Smile and turn the other cheek?

No, I'm sorry, any violence that results from this is Kim's fault, and no one elses. He is creating a situation with no good choices. And if you noticed, I did not suggest that we use our nukes in retaliation.

Comment

Makes more sense to attack military targets instead of a bunch of civilians
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        I suggested going after Kim andhis military leadership. But unfortunately, there will be unavoidable civilian deaths. Those are on Kim's head, not ours.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          and the obvious solution to our domestic manufacturing woes is to stop giving unions the power to bleed a company completely and utterly dry
          Which is why i feel unions need to be SHUT DOWN.. THey seem to have too much bloody power..

Comment

Because at will employment works really well
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              The domestic auto industry & the U.A.W. is a special case. Over a period of decades, they had negotiated contracts that were far too generous and expensive. At one point, I read that the guy who pushes the broom was getting $80 bucks an hour in wages & benefits. This made it far too expensive for GM to produce cars that were competitive in the marketplace against other non-union manufacturers; Toyota plants in the US, for example, let alone all the imported cars. They were like a parasite who had drank too deeply from its hosts' blood and was killing the host.
              You do, I hope, realize that you are not answering the question?
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

and the obvious solution to our domestic manufacturing woes is to stop giving unions the power to bleed a company completely and utterly dry
                Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Which is why i feel unions need to be SHUT DOWN.. THey seem to have too much bloody power..
                I disagree, at least in the private sector.

Giving someone enough rope to hang themselves is not really all that bad an idea.
                Which is precisely what the U.A.W. did. Problem was that that Bush II decided that the taxpayers should throw them a line to save their company, and by extension, their jobs, rather than allow nature to take its course.

If there had been no bailout, GM would have declared bankruptcy and sold the smoking remains to new owners, who would have been legally able to tear up the union contract as they weren't the party that made it, and either restaffed with non-union labor or rehired the same workers either non-union, or with a contract that was more reasonable. Either way, the exorbitant gold-plated contracts that GM was saddled with would have been gone, and the workers, and unions in general would have learned a good lesson about killing the golden goose.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                  It's his standard MO.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    It's his standard MO.
                    It's what his idol doee
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      It's his standard MO.
                      It's what his idol doee
                      No, it's a "special case"
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The domestic auto industry & the U.A.W. is a special case. Over a period of decades, they had negotiated contracts that were far too generous and expensive. At one point, I read that the guy who pushes the broom was getting $80 bucks an hour in wages & benefits. This made it far too expensive for GM to produce cars that were competitive in the marketplace against other non-union manufacturers; Toyota plants in the US, for example, let alone all the imported cars. They were like a parasite who had drank too deeply from its hosts' blood and was killing the host.
                        I am protectionist; I make no bones about it. I want U.S. workers to do well. I don't want us to have to compete with workers in other nations whose economies operate different, such as offshore economies where the wage rate in pennies on the dollar in comparison. Or whose governments subsidize competing companies either directly or indirectly.

But there is such a thing as excess greed, and the U.A.W. was a prime example of that. GF will claim this is nonsense, but back in the 80's or so, I knew an engineer who was fairly highly placed in GM. According to him, at one point, it was so bad that the guy who pushed the broom in an auto plant made $80 bucks an hour in wages and benefits, with equally ridiculous work rules designed with one goal, to bolster the union, regardless of the cost to the company. As I understand it, if GM had to shut a plant down, or similar production cutback, the laid off workers still collected 95% of their wages. No company can be competitive like that. They should have gone out of business; it was the only brake on union greed.

Yes, I support U.S. workers, but I do not support excess greed on that scale.

Comment

Supply some damn proof and I will shut up.
                          Let me start:
                          https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?...view=1up;seq=3

80 bucks an hour in the 80's............ ROFLMFAO!!!
                          80 bucks a DAY maybe.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I disagree, at least in the private sector.

Giving someone enough rope to hang themselves is not really all that bad an idea.
                            Which is precisely what the U.A.W. did. Problem was that that Bush II decided that the taxpayers should throw them a line to save their company, and by extension, their jobs, rather than allow nature to take its course.

If there had been no bailout, GM would have declared bankruptcy and sold the smoking remains to new owners, who would have been legally able to tear up the union contract as they weren't the party that made it, and either restaffed with non-union labor or rehired the same workers either non-union, or with a contract that was more reasonable. Either way, the exorbitant gold-plated contracts that GM was saddled with would have been gone, and the workers, and unions in general would have learned a good lesson about killing the golden goose.
                            But why saddle the owners with having to go into bankrupsy, to 'teach the unions' a lesson??

Now onto something so insane it's just laughable..

Saw this as mentioned as coming up on tomorrow's news on CWTV around 4pm.. An interview with this online 'sensation' called Woah Vicky, a white teen gal, who think's she's black, and acts/talks trash like she is a gangbanger..

http://mtonews.com/31962-2-woah-vicky/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-s-black.html

'My whole entire life my mom kept telling me "you’re white" and I never believed her because I knew I was black,' she said, adding that she will celebrate the day she 'found out she was black' as her new birthday.
                            I wonder what this dimspit's parents are thinking??

Comment

But why saddle the owners with having to go into bankrupsy, to 'teach the unions' a lesson??
                              Because the owners were stupid enough to cave in to their demands. No one held a gun to their head and told them sign off on those contracts.

Now onto something so insane it's just laughable..

Saw this as mentioned as coming up on tomorrow's news on CWTV around 4pm.. An interview with this online 'sensation' called Woah Vicky, a white teen gal, who think's she's black, and acts/talks trash like she is a gangbanger..

http://mtonews.com/31962-2-woah-vicky/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-s-black.html

I wonder what this dimspit's parents are thinking??
                              Well, since according the the articles,
                              The teen now has more than 600,000 followers on Instagram and is promoting products and making herself available for paid appearances
                              I'd say they are probably congratulating her on finding a novel way to make a buck.

The real idiots are her followers, and the people who buy products she promotes and pay to go to a public appearance.
                              Last edited by Annoyed; 24 October 2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Dictator Fathead (the Korean one) and his soldier minions are hardly "innocent people"
                                This made me snort -- it has come to the point you feel the need to specify which dictator you mean.

Kimmy and his generals are hardly innocent, but the people starving under his rule, the defectors are hardly complicit in his crimes.

And what would you have us do in response to a nuclear attack carried out by Kim ? Smile and turn the other cheek?
                                That's the thing, isn't it -- that NK would be the one to fire first, but if they do, they won't have the backing of China.
                                Kimmy is stir crazy but whether he's crazy enough to shoot one off -- I highly doubt it.

Agent Orange, in my opinion, is more likely to shoot first -- to deflect from one thing or another.

No, I'm sorry, any violence that results from this is Kim's fault, and no one elses. He is creating a situation with no good choices. And if you noticed, I did not suggest that we use our nukes in retaliation.
                                You wanted to flatten Pyongyang... that's plenty civilians who will die, wether by MOB or Nuke. But it would be naive to think Kimmy would be there to see it. You're still aiming your weapons at the people who have no choice in the matter.

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.

^^ Indeed.

I suggested going after Kim andhis military leadership. But unfortunately, there will be unavoidable civilian deaths. Those are on Kim's head, not ours.
                                Flattening Pyonyang is not going after Kimmy. That's playing right into the moron's hands.

I am protectionist;...
                                Full on 1930-protectionism, or more liberal?

Pros & Cons of Protectionism

Yes, I support U.S. workers, but I do not support excess greed on that scale.
                                For someone who claims to support US workers, you seem more than happy to let companies go belly-up who employ those same workers.

NSaw this as mentioned as coming up on tomorrow's news on CWTV around 4pm.. An interview with this online 'sensation' called Woah Vicky, a white teen gal, who think's she's black, and acts/talks trash like she is a gangbanger..
                                I have a quick solution to this -- DNA test. Who knows, maybe she does have black ancestory... *shrug*
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X