Page 877 of 883 FirstFirst ... 377777827867874875876877878879880 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,540 of 17655
  1. #17521
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    How could he? He, she or it is an anarchist.
    says he/she/it/them the collective Government-worshipers


    Nowadays? Our saving grace would be that we would see an upswing in hardware construction in the EU
    unlike the days of WWII & Eisenhower you're now led by the military-indu$trial complex

    and you don't get a say in this

    Unless we use nukes, that is.
    any non-nuke war between 2 "nuculer" countries would inevitably turn to a nuke one right? the losing country being the first to use them


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  2. #17522
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Pfft! Would only take one carrier group.
    Now is not the time for your American arrogance,
    Or better yet, perhaps it is. You think you could take Australia with one carrier group?
    Thanks for showing of your lack of political, geographic, and military knowledge.

    Oh, and if you actually cared about your economics, why have 5 carrier groups instead of just one or two?
    Sounds like a governmental waste of money to me.

    More seriously, the military is sworn in as follows:
    So is the president.

    Further, the US Code of military justice has things to say about lawful orders.

    First, note that "defend the constitution" is listed first and foremost, and the President & chain of command come second.
    So, the military doesn't HAVE to obey, but if someone decides not to obey, they better have a damn good reason or their arse is in an iron sling.
    What is your president doing to defend the constitution?
    He is defending HIMSELF, not the constitution, and you are paying for it.
    I mean, suppose the commander of that carrier group got some bad 'roo meat at The Outback* & decided to take out Australia. Probably be a good idea if his 2nd in command squashed that idea.
    So, the "deep state" resistance, is actually doing what it is designed to do?
    I love it when you torpedo your own BS, it shows exactly what you care about.
    *"The Outback" is a chain of Australian themed restaurants in the U.S.)
    It's probably as crap as the Texan "lone star" ones we have here.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  3. #17523
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Now is not the time for your American arrogance,
    Or better yet, perhaps it is. You think you could take Australia with one carrier group?
    Thanks for showing of your lack of political, geographic, and military knowledge..
    Quite handily. Park it some place out of range of Australia's weapons and pound the snot out of it with missiles & air power.

    I forget the details, but back around the time of the 2nd Gulf war, some thinktank did an analysis of relative military power (nuclear weapons excluded). Turned out that just one US carrier group was in 4th place among all nations.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  4. #17524
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    oh and GF not that I wanna take this offtopic but I'm really curious as how thef you managed to do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    DEFINATELY.
    in all caps at that
    more so than it's easier to type 2 I's in the first place

    was it deliberate? I mean I know there's a lot of uneducated trumpets & neocons out there but you don't have to go that far out of your way just to be in their good books :/


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  5. #17525
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Quite handily. Park it some place out of range of Australia's weapons and pound the snot out of it with missiles & air power.

    I forget the details, but back around the time of the 2nd Gulf war, some thinktank did an analysis of relative military power (nuclear weapons excluded). Turned out that just one US carrier group was in 4th place among all nations.
    what makes you think your missiles have superior range to those of all other countries


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  6. #17526
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    what makes you think your missiles have superior range to those of all other countries
    Because many other countries are using our old stuff? We do sell that crap, you know.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  7. #17527
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Because many other countries are using our old stuff? We do sell that crap, you know.
    not talking about 3rd world


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  8. #17528
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    How could he? He, she or it is an anarchist.
    So, that makes him incapable of playing a game?

    60 years ago, starting position wouldn't have mattered too much, the end was a forgone conclusion.
    No, it wasn't, and that's more American ego talking. You are detached from Europe, same as we are from Europe. If the US was actually part of Europe, you would not have had the time, or ability to be the producer of war material, same as Australia if it were in the same boat.
    If we had your population, and you had ours, we wouldn't be talking about America, we would be talking about Australia being the "decisive influence" in WW2
    But we don't, so we can't.
    Nowadays? Our saving grace would be that we would see an upswing in hardware construction in the EU and elsewhere, and be ready with an overwhelming response if the EU did try a strike, possibly a preventive response. With no warning, it could go either way.

    Unless we use nukes, that is.
    So, nukes are your answer?
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  9. #17529
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Quite handily. Park it some place out of range of Australia's weapons and pound the snot out of it with missiles & air power.

    I forget the details, but back around the time of the 2nd Gulf war, some thinktank did an analysis of relative military power (nuclear weapons excluded). Turned out that just one US carrier group was in 4th place among all nations.
    You DO realise that if you can reach us, we can reach you, right?

    Aside
    Do you also realise that Australia is the ONLY country that has supported you in every war you have ever fought in as well, yes?

    The reason you would need two carrier groups is not a question of firepower, it's a question of landmass. Australia, like the USA is simply too large for one group to cover. If you had a carrier on the left and right coasts however, you could easily crush us.
    You have power, but you don't understand how to use it.
    Neither does trump.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  10. #17530
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    You DO realise that if you can reach us, we can reach you, right?

    Aside
    Do you also realise that Australia is the ONLY country that has supported you in every war you have ever fought in as well, yes?

    The reason you would need two carrier groups is not a question of firepower, it's a question of landmass. Australia, like the USA is simply too large for one group to cover. If you had a carrier on the left and right coasts however, you could easily crush us.
    You have power, but you don't understand how to use it.
    Neither does trump.
    Didn't I say that attacking Australia wasn't a good idea? This is just mental war games.

    And back to the game... If it's a serious fight, does Australia have nuclear weapons? If push comes to shove, game over before it begins. You don't think a carrier has nukes?

    But nukes aside. I just googled this quickly, but according to https://militarywatchmagazine.com/forceapp/countries you guys are at # 27 worldwide. One of our carrier groups was about 4th place 20 years ago.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  11. #17531
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Didn't I say that attacking Australia wasn't a good idea? This is just mental war games.
    Ones you have failed.
    And back to the game... If it's a serious fight, does Australia have nuclear weapons? If push comes to shove, game over before it begins. You don't think a carrier has nukes?
    We have the most nuclear materiel of any country, your nukes are built on Australian uranium.
    How quick do you think we could shift our production to nukes if the US got aggressive?
    About as quick as you shifted yours to respond to pearl harbour?
    No, even quicker.

    But this is not the point.
    But nukes aside. I just googled this quickly, but according to https://militarywatchmagazine.com/forceapp/countries you guys are at # 27 worldwide. One of our carrier groups was about 4th place 20 years ago.
    Try checking on what your diplomacy is worth now.

    In a flat out war, the US wins, no question and I never contested that. I just said you would need two based on landmass, a statement you have handily omitted from your response.
    Perhaps it's not just about power eh?

    Addendum
    Why are NK and Iran still a problem for the US? They have even smaller populations than us, and you are still struggling with them.

    Do we NEED to start building nukes so our ALLY doesn't attack us?
    I don't even recognize the US anymore.
    Last edited by Gatefan1976; November 15th, 2019 at 06:01 PM.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  12. #17532
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    I'll just leave this here.

    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  13. #17533
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Didn't I say that attacking Australia wasn't a good idea? This is just mental war games.

    And back to the game... If it's a serious fight, does Australia have nuclear weapons? If push comes to shove, game over before it begins. You don't think a carrier has nukes?

    But nukes aside. I just googled this quickly, but according to https://militarywatchmagazine.com/forceapp/countries you guys are at # 27 worldwide. One of our carrier groups was about 4th place 20 years ago.
    There's one problem with nukes....



    The thing is, nukes are a nonstarter. Attacking Australia is a fools errand. We can win the fight, but not without great effort and loss of life and, if we have someone idiotic enough to use nukes, the end of the world as we know it. Do you really think the Russians and the Chinese would just sit back and allow the US to use nukes without any repercussions?

  14. #17534
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    There's one problem with nukes....



    The thing is, nukes are a nonstarter. Attacking Australia is a fools errand. We can win the fight, but not without great effort and loss of life and, if we have someone idiotic enough to use nukes, the end of the world as we know it. Do you really think the Russians and the Chinese would just sit back and allow the US to use nukes without any repercussions?
    This was just a theoretical strategic discussion about how the US could attack Au. Not a real desire to do so.

    And I don't think Russia or China would sit idle if we attacked Au. with just conventional weapons, either.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  15. #17535
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Milk it for all its worth department...

    Apparently, someone has been posting racist graffiti at Syracuse University as of late.
    And the students are understandably upset about it, are staging sit-ins and making demands.

    https://www.syracuse.com/syracuse-un...h-3-edits.html

    Among their demands: Additional financial aid for students of color.

    What the hell can possibly justify that? I thought the idea was equality and equal treatment?
    Don't they realize that trying to set up special benefits for any specific group only serves to breed more racism?

    Another demand: Punishment, including expulsion, for any student involved in racist incidents including perpetrators and bystanders.

    So, someone who just happens to be in the area when a racist nut job does something someone considers to be racist is subject to punishment & expulsion? That's absurd.

    Even the rest of their demand are unreasonable. After all, it is not school policy to act in a racist manner. The school shouldn't have to acquiesce to what is essentially a wish list.

    Certainly, the student(s) or people who posted the racist crap should be apprehended, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

    But as for the rest of it, the school should just tell them to get back to class and shut up. It's not the school's fault.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  16. #17536
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Ok, this is is rich. If the "enviros" are so sure of themselves, why are they suing someone who publishes views in opposition to theirs?

    Seems that the National Review published an article that disagreed with them, so one of them sued the NR.


    Supreme Court weighs lawsuit pitting climate scientist against skeptics


    Scientists hail Mann’s lawsuit as a necessary defense against efforts to erode public confidence in the scientific consensus that climate change is an urgent threat, while free speech advocates have rallied around the iconic conservative publication.
    SCOTUS is going to throw this out so far it lands on Europa.

    Next June or so, whenever the SCOTUS announces its decisions for this term is certainly going to be an interesting time.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  17. #17537
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,027

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Milk it for all its worth department...

    Apparently, someone has been posting racist graffiti at Syracuse University as of late.
    And the students are understandably upset about it, are staging sit-ins and making demands.

    https://www.syracuse.com/syracuse-un...h-3-edits.html

    Among their demands: Additional financial aid for students of color.

    What the hell can possibly justify that? I thought the idea was equality and equal treatment?
    Don't they realize that trying to set up special benefits for any specific group only serves to breed more racism?

    Another demand: Punishment, including expulsion, for any student involved in racist incidents including perpetrators and bystanders.

    So, someone who just happens to be in the area when a racist nut job does something someone considers to be racist is subject to punishment & expulsion? That's absurd.

    Even the rest of their demand are unreasonable. After all, it is not school policy to act in a racist manner. The school shouldn't have to acquiesce to what is essentially a wish list.

    Certainly, the student(s) or people who posted the racist crap should be apprehended, and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

    But as for the rest of it, the school should just tell them to get back to class and shut up. It's not the school's fault.
    You are the same though, just on the opposite side of the same coin. This is a symptom of the demand for extreme ideological purity in political beliefs. You have to be either left or right in the correct way. If you aren't right wing the "correct" way you are a flaming liberal who hates America. You are no different than those people pushing for ideological purity on the left in some of those ivy league universities.

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Ok, this is is rich. If the "enviros" are so sure of themselves, why are they suing someone who publishes views in opposition to theirs?

    Seems that the National Review published an article that disagreed with them, so one of them sued the NR.


    Supreme Court weighs lawsuit pitting climate scientist against skeptics




    SCOTUS is going to throw this out so far it lands on Europa.

    Next June or so, whenever the SCOTUS announces its decisions for this term is certainly going to be an interesting time.
    It's a defamation lawsuit. Did you read the article? It's not a particularly strong case but it's about the alleged defamation against Mann. Btw, Trump is in favor of making it easier to sue for libel, slander and defamation and making those definitions broader and lightening the burden of evidence.

  18. #17538
    Captain
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,337

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    I leave this place alone for a few months, and come back to discussions of nuking Australia. Are you guys okay?
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

  19. #17539
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,197

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I leave this place alone for a few months, and come back to discussions of nuking Australia. Are you guys okay?
    It was more about my assertion you would need two carrier groups to maintain control of Australia based on landmass.
    Annoyed brought nukes into the picture.

    BTW, nice to see you back Womble
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  20. #17540
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,423

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    I leave this place alone for a few months, and come back to discussions of nuking Australia. Are you guys okay?
    No. Australia is still here.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Page 877 of 883 FirstFirst ... 377777827867874875876877878879880 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. A Discussion/Debate on Religion & Other Closely Related Topics
    By lordofseas in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 2301
    Last Post: January 19th, 2018, 10:52 AM
  2. #dGeek & #HappyBDayDavidHewlett on the Trending Topics of Twitter !
    By Fanny-Wan Kenobi in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM
  3. BSG brings up some interesting topics...
    By Tempis in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 20th, 2006, 06:26 AM
  4. Discussion I have had at work today about starships!
    By GuardianKentel in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •