Page 838 of 869 FirstFirst ... 338738788828835836837838839840841848 ... LastLast
Results 16,741 to 16,760 of 17373

Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    The distinction I'm trying to make is that the law clearly defines rights by age, minors having a limited set of rights vs an adult.

Please read me the rights of a fetus. Good luck finding them, because they are not even a person. If a fetus is a person then wanking off is murder.
    As I understand it, if you kill a pregnant woman, and the fetus dies, you can be charged with 2 murders. So much for the argument that a fetus isn't a person.

And wanking off is not murder, any more than the woman's monthly discharge of an unfertilized egg is. It's not until AFTER Mr. Sperm meets ms. Egg. Or at least that's how humans work. Perhaps lizards are different?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    As I understand it, if you kill a pregnant woman, and the fetus dies, you can be charged with 2 murders. So much for the argument that a fetus isn't a person.

And wanking off is not murder, any more than the woman's monthly discharge of an unfertilized egg is. It's not until AFTER Mr. Sperm meets ms. Egg. Or at least that's how humans work. Perhaps lizards are different?
    Well if someone can murder the unborn who knows maybe that's the case too.

I'm actually reviving the living right now.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Well if someone can murder the unborn who knows maybe that's the case too.

I'm actually reviving the living right now.
    If they are living, why do they need reviving? Or is this some strange lizard ritual?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Or help, or healthcare, or a living wage, or a chance to be homeowners.
    You don't give a damn about life, you just want to interfere with others.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Or help, or healthcare, or a living wage, or a chance to be homeowners.
    You don't give a damn about life, you just want to interfere with others.
    Not sure which post you're responding to, but it sounds like abortion; babies who are NOT aborted.

Very few (basically the offspring of the rich) are guaranteed any of these things.

How many times do I have to say it? If a couple can't afford to feed, clothe and raise a child, maybe they shouldn't be engaging in activity that results in children? Or at least purchase & use effective contraception?

Again, same question I asked aretood2. Why is the concept of responsible behavior outside your universe? It never even occurs to you that it is a solution to the problem. People are not animals, they have minds and free will. They can make choices. What is wrong with making responsible choices?

Again, same question I asked aretood2. Why is the concept of responsible behavior outside your universe? It never even occurs to you that it is a solution to the problem. People are not animals, they have minds and free will. They can make choices. What is wrong with making responsible choices?
    What is wrong with giving a second chances to those who made the wrong choice? If you get a woman pregnant you can't fix that, there's only two options keep it or leave it.

Are you exempt of making mistakes? Never did stupid things when you were drunk at party? Never woke up next to a coworker and realized you had unprotected sex which could've resulted in an unwanted pregnancy from both parts(oh wait that's me)?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

What is wrong with giving a second chances to those who made the wrong choice? If you get a woman pregnant you can't fix that, there's only two options keep it or leave it.

Are you exempt of making mistakes? Never did stupid things when you were drunk at party? Never woke up next to a coworker and realized you had unprotected sex which could've resulted in an unwanted pregnancy from both parts(oh wait that's me)?
    I have made my share of stupid mistakes, believe me. But I've always taken responsibility for them, one way or another. To this day, I am paying the cost of a few of them in one way or another. I've never made that particular mistake, but if I had, there were options besides killing the child, depending upon what the mother chose to do. If she chose to abort, I couldn't have stopped it, if she chose to carry to term and give it up for adoption, I couldn't have stopped that either. But if she chose to carry to term and raise it, I would have had to marry and or otherwise support the child.

If she chose to abort, I couldn't have stopped it, if she chose to carry to term and give it up for adoption, I couldn't have stopped that either. But if she chose to carry to term and raise it, I would have had to marry and or otherwise support the child.
    I think exactly the same thing, I remember at the time I was mentally preparing myself to get two jobs but luckily for us both nothing came out of it.

It's her choice after all isn't it? Then why are you supporting the ban on abortion from Alabama?
    Spoiler:

I think exactly the same thing, I remember at the time I was mentally preparing myself to get two jobs but luckily for us both nothing came out of it.

It's her choice after all isn't it? Then why are you supporting the ban on abortion from Alabama?
    No matter whose choice it is, it's still murdering a child.

And in another fine example of NY's idiocy...

New York Passes Bill Giving Congress a Way to Get Trump’s State Tax Returns

Article 1 of the US Constitution forbids ex-post-facto (or retroactive) legislation, so this can't apply to Trump's past returns.

And in another fine example of NY's idiocy...

New York Passes Bill Giving Congress a Way to Get Trump’s State Tax Returns

Article 1 of the US Constitution forbids ex-post-facto (or retroactive) legislation, so this can't apply to Trump's past returns.
    First off, I just read the whole article 1 and there's not a single mention of that anywhere, and secondo, you don't understand what past legislation / retroactive legislation means.

Retroactive legislation would be criminalizing something and then actively pursuing folks that have committed said crime in the past. In a nutshell, you couldn't sue someone for their past legal actions because they became illegal today.
    Spoiler:

First off, I just read the whole article 1 and there's not a single mention of that anywhere, and secondo, you don't understand what past legislation / retroactive legislation means.

Retroactive legislation would be criminalizing something and then actively pursuing folks that have committed said crime in the past. In a nutshell, you couldn't sue someone for their past legal actions because they became illegal today.
    And as you just said, they couldn't go after Trump's PAST tax returns under that legislation. They could go after FUTURE returns, but not past ones.

And as you just said, they couldn't go after Trump's PAST tax returns under that legislation. They could go after FUTURE returns, but not past ones.
    I didn't say that and that's wrong as well buddy. Normal timeframe for the IRS to drop charges is 3 years, up to 6 if it's 25% or more of the total taxes, and can go unlimited depending on the nature of the charges.

It gets worse. Although the IRS is limited to how far back it can look when filing charges in criminal court, there is no statute of limitations for civil tax fraud. This means the IRS can look back as far as it wants when suing for civil fraud. In practice the IRS rarely goes back more than 6 years because it has a high enough burden of proof to meet in fraud cases without having to deal with the added difficulties of proving older charges.
    https://www.optimataxrelief.com/tax-...e-limitations/
    Spoiler:

I didn't say that and that's wrong as well buddy. Normal timeframe for the IRS to drop charges is 3 years, up to 6 if it's 25% or more of the total taxes, and can go unlimited depending on the nature of the charges.

https://www.optimataxrelief.com/tax-...e-limitations/
    But the NYS law in question is to allow STATE returns to be release to the House. Different ballgame. The House is NOT the IRS, and the IRS has no jurisdiction over STATE returns.

But the NYS law in question is to allow STATE returns to be release to the House. Different ballgame. The House is NOT the IRS, and the IRS has no jurisdiction over STATE returns.
    The State and the IRS share tax informations between them btw, and that legislation piece isn't targeting Trump directly, lawyers made sure it was ironclad. Also considering his headquarters are in NY, the state taxes and the federal taxes should be nearly identical, perhaps giving grounds to further push for the federal tax disclosure. All this BS because your King refuses to disclose his taxes.

Also, it's absolute BS that Trump won't release his tax reports as privacy to those reports isn't covered by Constitutional law.

Ultimately I mean we're not lawyers so I might be wrong and you as well, constitutional law is a mess as it is, but the goal is to give bad press to Trump for the upcoming election, which I completely support. Lock him up.
    Spoiler:

Another stink pile hovering around Trump's campaign got busted

Banker Accused of Arranging $16 Million in Loans to Manafort to Gain High-Level Trump Post
    Spoiler:

The State and the IRS share tax informations between them btw, and that legislation piece isn't targeting Trump directly, lawyers made sure it was ironclad. Also considering his headquarters are in NY, the state taxes and the federal taxes should be nearly identical, perhaps giving grounds to further push for the federal tax disclosure. All this BS because your King refuses to disclose his taxes.

Also, it's absolute BS that Trump won't release his tax reports as privacy to those reports isn't covered by Constitutional law.

Ultimately I mean we're not lawyers so I might be wrong and you as well, constitutional law is a mess as it is, but the goal is to give bad press to Trump for the upcoming election, which I completely support. Lock him up.
    There is and never has been any law requiring a president to release his tax returns. It is merely custom.

First Lieutenant

There is and never has been any law requiring a president to release his tax returns. It is merely custom.
    Maxine Waters already (or finally) gained 8 years of President Trump's Tax files.
    Let THAT sink in. If she and her "committee" of *gimme/gimme NOW!!! folks* can do this to the President, who else will the DEMs do this to...?

I have family members who won't even submit their SS# shown on their medical health files for each doctor visit. And those folks are ALL Democrats... Been told by those same family members that the SS# is NOT required to be noted on the medical application (which is also used for insurance purposes). Gee, what's wrong with this picture??

As a NON-Democrat, I have always given out that data plus *personal* stuff I'd rather NOT on medical and other paperwork forms, regardless of which doctor I saw (most of them, knew me from my childhood!). Now, I just hand off a pre-written sheet of data with dates & whatever else is applicable to it, and hand it over to the medical staff so I don't have to keep repeating myself thousands of times over. In one way, it helps when the medical system is inter-connected with multiple doctors, so EVERYONE can read from the same *reference sheet* and be on the same page as myself...

Maybe that's my problem... maybe I should file as Democrat from this point forward, hide my pertinent data, and then get away with all kinds of *secret* stuff...!!!

Article below is about President Trump's privacy being invaded. (He was under AUDIT!!! Audits have been required by LAW to be kept private, until the auditing process term is completed. Who changed the law and when...? Team Obama? or the more recent DEM Congress?)

"Wells Fargo, TD Bank have already given Trump-related financial documents to Congress"
    Published Wed, May 22 2019 7:32 PM EDT
    NBC NEWS
    by Leigh Ann Caldwell and Alex Moe

* The disclosures come as a federal judge ruled Wednesday that two other banks — Deutsche Bank and Capital One — can give financial documents to Congress.

. . .
    Wells Fargo and TD Bank are the two of nine institutions that have so far complied
    with subpoenas issued by the House Financial Services Committee demanding information about their dealings with the Trump Organization, according to the sources. The disclosures by these two banks haven’t been previously reported. Both TD Bank and Wells Fargo declined to comment for this story.

Wells Fargo provided the committee with a few thousand documents and TD Bank handed the committee a handful of documents, according to a source who has seen them.
    The committee, led by Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., is especially interested in the president’s business relationship with Russia and other foreign entities.
    . . .
    According to other news sources, there were "thousands" of documents handed over to sift thru. Sounds like gossip reading on Maxine's part. Business / financial records on property being bought or sold on Trump's side. Oh WOW...!!! Really dishy info there...NOT.

Have FUN reading!!! Maybe the wind will blow the papers around, and give the Dems a real run for their greedy egos.
    They *WANT* Trump gone... NOW... instantly... So, they (the DEMs) can have absolute POWER forever and evermore.
    Little do they realize, that time of bliss will be severely short-lived ... but unfortunately, NOT short enough this side of eternity.

That (soon-to-be short-lived power high) is because most of the DEMs will prove their *worth* to be incompetent, and some other power source will take over and fill in the gap...! Still guessing at what new TPTB will be...give them less than ten years to figure it out... Apophis is due to arrive in 2029.
    Generic... BE CAREFUL what you people *wish* for...
    This is a disaster waiting to happen... it's already in the gestation / birthing process, and the USA is *not* immune to its claws.
    Last edited by SGalisa; May 23rd, 2019 at 03:29 PM.

Your argumentation is invalid.

POTUS is held to a higher standard and by accepting the job you also accept to have your whole life stripped bare to the Bone and examined by the entire world. Just like politicians but to a higher degree.

How many tyrants hide in the sheepskin of a liberator? Haven't we learned already? If we can't do that democracy is useless.
    Spoiler:

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

I would argue Trump is a tyrant the way he tries to disregard the other branches of government and our laws
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Page 838 of 869 FirstFirst ... 338738788828835836837838839840841848 ... LastLast