Page 839 of 847 FirstFirst ... 339739789829836837838839840841842 ... LastLast
Results 16,761 to 16,780 of 16938
  1. #16761
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I would argue Trump is a tyrant the way he tries to disregard the other branches of government and our laws
    Military style (possible) police
    Massive evictions of the media's from the WH
    Unilateral decisions (emergency)

    He's on his way there yea. Is it intentional, not sure.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  2. #16762
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Your argumentation is invalid.

    POTUS is held to a higher standard and by accepting the job you also accept to have your whole life stripped bare to the Bone and examined by the entire world. Just like politicians but to a higher degree.

    How many tyrants hide in the sheepskin of a liberator? Haven't we learned already? If we can't do that democracy is useless.
    By CUSTOM, not by law. By law, he is perfectly within his rights to tell the Democrats to go pee up a rope.
    Show me one law that requires any citizen to make his tax returns public.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  3. #16763
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Military style (possible) police
    Massive evictions of the media's from the WH
    Unilateral decisions (emergency)

    He's on his way there yea. Is it intentional, not sure.
    And what LAWS did he break? The emergency declarations are well within the laws, so is the possible use of the military to defend the border.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  4. #16764
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Guess what else is within the confine of the law?

    Spoiler:
    a dictatorship


    Perhaps being lawful has little to do with this? Just change the rules, easy.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  5. #16765
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    By CUSTOM, not by law. By law, he is perfectly within his rights to tell the Democrats to go pee up a rope.
    Show me one law that requires any citizen to make his tax returns public.
    None, but he has no right to deny a sopeana from the house ways and means committee, that IS a law.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  6. #16766
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today


    Drain the swamp, or drain the treasury?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/23/warr...ankruptcy.html
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  7. #16767
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    And what LAWS did he break?
    1: Military forces are FORBIDDEN by the constitution to act as a civil police force -unless- you declare martial law.
    2: Ejection of members of the 4th estate based on perceived political affiliation is in direct violation of the 1st ammendmnet.
    3:
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed
    The emergency declarations are well within the laws, so is the possible use of the military to defend the border.
    True, they fall within the letter of the law. HOWEVER, an ongoing issue such as illegal immigration is not by definition an "emergency". Go back and look at the uses of the emergency powers by presidents, both democratic and republican and they were all based on an a emergent, IMMEDIATE threat. You could defend a argument that a -particular- "caravan" represent an immediate threat, that would be a fair use of the emergency powers act, but blanket "illegal immigration issue" is not an "emergency", it's an "issue"
    Last edited by Gatefan1976; May 24th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  8. #16768
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    1: Military forces are FORBIDDEN by the constitution to act as a civil police force -unless- you declare martial law.
    2: Ejection of members of the 4th estate based on perceived political affiliation is in direct violation of the 1st ammendmnet.
    3:

    True, they fall within the letter of the law. HOWEVER, an ongoing issue such as illegal immigration is not by definition an "emergency". Go back and look at the uses of the emergency powers by presidents, both democratic and republican and they were all based on an a emergent, IMMEDIATE threat. You could defend a argument that a -particular- "caravan" represent an immediate threat, that would be a fair use of the emergency powers act, but blanket "illegal immigration issue" is not an "emergency", it's an "issue"
    It is an ongoing problem. How many caravans have their been? Have we stopped the flow of illegals into the county?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  9. #16769
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    It is an ongoing problem. How many caravans have their been? Have we stopped the flow of illegals into the county?
    Seriously, explain to me the logic behind an emergency lasting for over 30 years?

    A 30 years emergency? Yes?
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  10. #16770

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    I'd call it a problem but it doesn't fit the term of emergency in the same way a hurricane is a national emergency. I Don't see the lives in danger
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  11. #16771
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    I'd call it a problem but it doesn't fit the term of emergency in the same way a hurricane is a national emergency. I Don't see the lives in danger
    How many people have been killed by illegal alien criminal elements? Granted, citizens can kill each other just as well, but if those illegals had not been in the country to begin with, their victims would still be alive.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  12. #16772
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Seriously, explain to me the logic behind an emergency lasting for over 30 years?

    A 30 years emergency? Yes?
    A problem we haven't solved in 30+ years is an emergency, yes.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  13. #16773
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,014

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Why is it that the concept of behaving responsibly is completely outside your universe? If you can't afford to have and raise kids, don't engage in the activity that creates them. It's really that simple. That way, you don't have to kill them, they won't " starve to death and wallow in misery" or anything else.

    And yes, my pocketbook has its interest too. Why should I have to pay for someone else's screw up?
    So punishing children for the mistakes of others is about personal responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    How many people have been killed by illegal alien criminal elements? Granted, citizens can kill each other just as well, but if those illegals had not been in the country to begin with, their victims would still be alive.
    Not as many as you think. Most crime is committed by citizens, by a large margin. A really large margin.

  14. #16774
    Colonel Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,046

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Gives tood bacon.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  15. #16775
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    So punishing children for the mistakes of others is about personal responsibility?



    Not as many as you think. Most crime is committed by citizens, by a large margin. A really large margin.
    1:
    How is someone keeping their pants on if they can't afford children punishing children?

    You're not this dense, you just don't want to accept that people have a choice to have sex or not to have sex. Again, why is the responsible choice invisible to you?

    2: Doesn't change the fact that if the illegal who kills someone hadn't been allowed to enter the country in the first place, that person wouldn't have been killed.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  16. #16776
    Major General aretood2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Contemplating the meaning of Logic
    Posts
    10,014

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    1:
    How is someone keeping their pants on if they can't afford children punishing children?

    You're not this dense, you just don't want to accept that people have a choice to have sex or not to have sex. Again, why is the responsible choice invisible to you?
    You are against public education, against programs aimed at helping at risk children, and against programs helping kids get a post secondary education and against family programs that help feed kids. I am talking about the kids, not the parents. Your brand of teaching "personal responsibility" involves removing these programs from these kids condemning them to miserable life. And you are conveniently ignoring that side of issue. Thus, you are punishing innocent kids who never asked to be born to teenage parents or parents out of wedlock etc... to a life of waller. In essence, you are asking these children to take responsibility for the actions of their parents and that makes no sense. And it takes a sick minded individual to even attempt to justify that.

    I willing to bet that you just never considered that side of the issue and find yourself in a position of either digging in your heals or admitting that you are wrong. Of course, you are incapable of admitting being wrong so the only option is to dig in your heals and demand the suffering of kids just because their parents made a bad choice.

    These are the cold hard facts. As a society, we need to have more children, our population needs to sustain itself. You have no kids, never intended to have kids. You don't want to pay for kids or for said kids' future. You want to limit immigration if not entirely reduce it thus preventing young working age immigrants from coming in. What use are you to the propagation of our society then? If anything you'd be a societal burden if you had it your way. A mouth to feed that produces nothing to ensure our future.

    These are the emotional/moral facts. You want to punish the sons for the sins of the father in the name of what? A few tax dollars out of your pocket book? A juvenile (infantil is more appropo) sense of "I didn't have it so no one can have it either"?

    The kids born as a result of bad choices are kids, they are alive. They are living individuals divorced from the moral implications of any one else's actions. There is no sound logical argument for preventing any aid or support for them, only juvenile and self serving societal burdensome arguments.

    2: Doesn't change the fact that if the illegal who kills someone hadn't been allowed to enter the country in the first place, that person wouldn't have been killed.
    I find that argument unconvincing and purely emotional.

  17. #16777
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    760

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    His argument relies on logic extremism, if you remove a person from the equation entirely the possibility of crime is nullified. Obviously.

    The irony and hypocrisy shows when he denounces killings which would never occur should the weapons be restricted.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  18. #16778
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,333

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    You are against public education, against programs aimed at helping at risk children, and against programs helping kids get a post secondary education and against family programs that help feed kids. I am talking about the kids, not the parents. Your brand of teaching "personal responsibility" involves removing these programs from these kids condemning them to miserable life. And you are conveniently ignoring that side of issue. Thus, you are punishing innocent kids who never asked to be born to teenage parents or parents out of wedlock etc... to a life of waller. In essence, you are asking these children to take responsibility for the actions of their parents and that makes no sense. And it takes a sick minded individual to even attempt to justify that.

    I willing to bet that you just never considered that side of the issue and find yourself in a position of either digging in your heals or admitting that you are wrong. Of course, you are incapable of admitting being wrong so the only option is to dig in your heals and demand the suffering of kids just because their parents made a bad choice.

    These are the cold hard facts. As a society, we need to have more children, our population needs to sustain itself. You have no kids, never intended to have kids. You don't want to pay for kids or for said kids' future. You want to limit immigration if not entirely reduce it thus preventing young working age immigrants from coming in. What use are you to the propagation of our society then? If anything you'd be a societal burden if you had it your way. A mouth to feed that produces nothing to ensure our future.

    These are the emotional/moral facts. You want to punish the sons for the sins of the father in the name of what? A few tax dollars out of your pocket book? A juvenile (infantil is more appropo) sense of "I didn't have it so no one can have it either"?

    The kids born as a result of bad choices are kids, they are alive. They are living individuals divorced from the moral implications of any one else's actions. There is no sound logical argument for preventing any aid or support for them, only juvenile and self serving societal burdensome arguments.
    I have no problem with K-12 public education as a concept or something that we should be doing. My issues with that are in regards to its execution; it is far too expensive and is all too often used as political indoctrination rather than actually education. But that's another discussion.

    Indoctrination is also rampant in secondary education. But most people look at the cost of secondary education, and I've stated my suggestion for that. Take govt. money out of it, and the cost will have to fall. Once the customers no longer have the deep pockets of govt. to draw on, colleges will be forced to lower tuition or go out of business as their customers would no longer be able to afford them.

    As for the rest of it, I'm looking to alter behavior as a long term solution to the problem. If a person or couple expects or knows that the society will pick up the tab for their carelessness or poor choices, or allow them an easy out via killing the unborn child, they have little motivation to behave better. If, on the other hand they know they're gonna be on the hook for it, they will be more motivated to make responsible choices.

    This will take at least a generation to change societal behavior, just as it has taken generations to form the attitudes we have now.



    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    I find that argument unconvincing and purely emotional.
    How? If an illegal who kills someone was never allowed into the country, is it not a simple fact that the victim wouldn't have been killed by him?
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  19. #16779

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Because it has no basis in fact. Their is no evidence to your claim
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  20. #16780
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,312

    Tretonin Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    +interlude+

    dug up this news from down under (a bit dated somehow I missed it when it came out) :

    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8437371.html

    a very well thought out & sensible law of course but it just doesn't go far enough - so how about a notarized contract for each encounter?

Page 839 of 847 FirstFirst ... 339739789829836837838839840841842 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. A Discussion/Debate on Religion & Other Closely Related Topics
    By lordofseas in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 2301
    Last Post: January 19th, 2018, 09:52 AM
  2. #dGeek & #HappyBDayDavidHewlett on the Trending Topics of Twitter !
    By Fanny-Wan Kenobi in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2010, 03:31 AM
  3. BSG brings up some interesting topics...
    By Tempis in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 20th, 2006, 05:26 AM
  4. Discussion I have had at work today about starships!
    By GuardianKentel in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 25th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •