Page 827 of 889 FirstFirst ... 327727777817824825826827828829830837877 ... LastLast
Results 16,521 to 16,540 of 17780
  1. #16521
    EMH aka The Doctor Gatefan1976's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Smashing skulls!!
    Posts
    5,210

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    no but Barr & the neocons should be - King Don's always right isn't he?
    so right away Barr's contradicting his king
    What do you want here?
    I already said Barr is a repub whore, has been since his last stint as AG under Reagan.
    Barr did not contradict trump, he backed him up, because that was what he got paid to do.
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

  2. #16522
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    What do you want here?
    I already said Barr is a repub whore, has been since his last stint as AG under Reagan.
    Barr did not contradict trump, he backed him up, because that was what he got paid to do.
    Don says it's over Barr says it ain't that's unwitting contradiction
    what I want? pretty ****ing simple I want the original interest of the investigation back on the table: COLLUSION
    Don & his people saying it's over & most of the Dems playing along but I wanna say it's not over not by a bloody long shot especially not after they released that report
    the Dems should persist on this one not let go
    I think I've said in the past it doesn't have to be Don himself I'll be good if they indict any of the Trump kids or even Kushner (apparently he's the only non-Trump Don cares about) on treason charges
    then let them slap on additional charges like obstruction or what not the more the merrier


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  3. #16523
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,449

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    Don says it's over Barr says it ain't that's unwitting contradiction
    what I want? pretty ****ing simple I want the original interest of the investigation back on the table: COLLUSION
    Don & his people saying it's over & most of the Dems playing along but I wanna say it's not over not by a bloody long shot especially not after they released that report
    the Dems should persist on this one not let go
    I think I've said in the past it doesn't have to be Don himself I'll be good if they indict any of the Trump kids or even Kushner (apparently he's the only non-Trump Don cares about) on treason charges
    then let them slap on additional charges like obstruction or what not the more the merrier
    Guess what? Regardless of what the Democrats in Congress do, it's over.

    Barr chose not to prosecute for Collusion or obstruction. Just as it was decided not to prosecute Hillary. Ironic twist, that.

    No matter what the Democrats want to do, they don't have the votes in Congress to do an impeachment.

    Now maybe we can get back to the more pressing business of digging up dirt on Hillary and Obama.

    Seriously, it would be nice if both sides lick their wounds and get back to actually governing the country according to what they can legislatively accomplish (Nothing much till 2021 at the earliest).

    But what will happen is the Democrats will keep on with their accusations, and the Republicans will start investigating the investigators and it will never stop.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  4. #16524
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    Guess what? Regardless of what the Democrats in Congress do, it's over.
    no it's not

    Barr chose not to prosecute for Collusion or obstruction. Just as it was decided not to prosecute Hillary. Ironic twist, that.
    for what, a PC in the toilet?

    guess what Ivanka & Jared also used unsecured email servers. lockemup!

    No matter what the Democrats want to do, they don't have the votes in Congress to do an impeachment.
    then you miss the point

    the point of impeachment is not to depose the king (only the election can do that IF Government doesn't rig it) the point is to impeach him so citizens can see how the elites - the real elites - are above the law, this in turn will cause further damage to him in the election

    so yeah they should still impeach him even if it's doomed to fail

    Now maybe we can get back to the more pressing business of digging up dirt on Hillary and Obama.
    and the rest of the political opposition

    Seriously, it would be nice if both sides lick their wounds and get back to actually governing the country according to what they can legislatively accomplish (Nothing much till 2021 at the earliest).
    nice try but as you've seen in the past weeks Congress has no real power

    that's why they couldn't get Trump's tax returns & their 2 ultimatums were meaningless

    But what will happen is the Democrats will keep on with their accusations,
    which they should cause even the redacted report makes that legit

    and the Republicans will start investigating the investigators and it will never stop.
    Government investigating political opponents = oppression
    voters = witnesses


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  5. #16525
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post

    then you miss the point

    the point of impeachment is not to depose the king (only the election can do that IF Government doesn't rig it) the point is to impeach him so citizens can see how the elites - the real elites - are above the law, this in turn will cause further damage to him in the election
    Thing is that would probably backfire on the Dems. Trump is the anti-politician the xenophobic and evangelists nutjobs have been waiting for. He got elected by grabbing pussy remember?

    That would only further increase his martyr status and attract more troll votes.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  6. #16526
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,449

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    n

    then you miss the point

    the point of impeachment is not to depose the king (only the election can do that IF Government doesn't rig it) the point is to impeach him so citizens can see how the elites - the real elites - are above the law, this in turn will cause further damage to him in the election
    1: A successful impeachment will require 2/3 of the Senate. Do you think that's likely? So there is no freakin' point in even thinking about it.

    2: Trump is sitting pretty for re-election in 2020 and he's got a very good chance of turning the House back to the light side with him.

    a: The economy is cruising along at a pace unheard of in decades. Unemployment is at record lows, and wages are rising. Ever hear the phrase "It's the economy, stupid" ?

    b: In the minds of most voters, the report a few weeks ago settled the investigation.

    c: The Democrats are very likely to nominate a socialist. Thanks to the dedicated efforts of the Kindergartner, more people are becoming aware of just what that means. That's not a popular system over here once people learn that it means more than free shiznit. This alone might turn the House.

    d: Trump's campaign war chest is twice what all the Democrats combined can muster, and he knows how to apply it.


    So, as I said, IT'S OVER. Time to get back to going after Hillary & the Democrats.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  7. #16527
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    1: A successful impeachment will require 2/3 of the Senate. Do you think that's likely? So there is no freakin' point in even thinking about it.

    2: Trump is sitting pretty for re-election in 2020 and he's got a very good chance of turning the House back to the light side with him.

    a: The economy is cruising along at a pace unheard of in decades. Unemployment is at record lows, and wages are rising. Ever hear the phrase "It's the economy, stupid" ?

    b: In the minds of most voters, the report a few weeks ago settled the investigation.

    c: The Democrats are very likely to nominate a socialist. Thanks to the dedicated efforts of the Kindergartner, more people are becoming aware of just what that means. That's not a popular system over here once people learn that it means more than free shiznit. This alone might turn the House.

    d: Trump's campaign war chest is twice what all the Democrats combined can muster, and he knows how to apply it.

    1. then you again missed the point
    the point of impeaching him is for it to fail. capice?

    2 a it's only doing good for Wall $treet, Goldman $ach$, the trillion dollar oil indu$try, Koch, Amazon...you know, the e$tablishment that Don vowed to fight. even american voters should be astute enough to remember that

    b yet the entire report itself even redacted shed new light & his poll numbers dropped again as a result

    c only some like AOC may be unpopular but Bernie's not (apparently)

    d so billionaire Don's once again showing he's part of those he promised he'd fight 4y ago good to know
    So, as I said, IT'S OVER. Time to get back to going after Hillary & the Democrats.
    do you know gun sales among Dem voters have hit record highs under king Don? that's funny considering their party line
    I wonder if that has anything to do with Don himself?

    if Government goes after political opponents then this will only aggravate the situation (though I admit a new civil war in the US would be fascinating to watch from an outsider's point of view hehe)


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  8. #16528
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Thing is that would probably backfire on the Dems. Trump is the anti-politician the xenophobic and evangelists nutjobs have been waiting for. He got elected by grabbing pussy remember?

    That would only further increase his martyr status and attract more troll votes.
    it won't make him a martyr since it will fail (which is the point) it will reinforce the image of elitist impunity about him thus make him look worse more corrupt


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  9. #16529
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    it won't make him a martyr since it will fail (which is the point) it will reinforce the image of elitist impunity about him thus make him look worse more corrupt
    Trust me when I say I know exactly what you mean, and that would probably be the only flaw (elitism) that could be exploited to change the minds of even the most pious MAGA.

    But the Dems can't play hardball (except the snake but she was rotten af) which is what would be needed to convince some MAGA's to jump left. A failed attempt to impeach him would only boast his martyr/man of the people image. We cannot be having that, the risks are too great.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  10. #16530
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    I've been joking around with Bernie, but really if you think about it he is the key. He doesn't give a sh*t about party line so he can say whatever he wish, he's not even a real Dem lol
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  11. #16531
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Trust me when I say I know exactly what you mean, and that would probably be the only flaw (elitism) that could be exploited to change the minds of even the most pious MAGA.

    But the Dems can't play hardball (except the snake but she was rotten af) which is what would be needed to convince some MAGA's to jump left. A failed attempt to impeach him would only boast his martyr/man of the people image. We cannot be having that, the risks are too great.
    it's not about convincing the Magadhatters (most of them are gone too far off the deep end) it's about convincing the moderates independent & undecided

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    I've been joking around with Bernie, but really if you think about it he is the key. He doesn't give a sh*t about party line so he can say whatever he wish, he's not even a real Dem lol
    problem is Annoyed may have a point in that since he insists on calling himself a socialist in this country this could backfire horribly (even despite the unfavourable economic context)
    his age could be another problem

    I know most won't like to hear this but the best chance of beating Don would be uncle Joe


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  12. #16532
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    TV Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    it's about convincing the moderates independent & undecided
    Fair enough.

    problem is Annoyed may have a point in that since he insists on calling himself a socialist in this country this could backfire horribly (even despite the unfavourable economic context)
    That may not be the case anymore. I refuse to believe the Annoyed's are a majority in the US. Bernie is leading the polls right now but yea that could be temporary.

    his age could be another problem
    Just look at the man, he won't die until he's done. He'll turn a whitewalker if need be. One term to secure the throne and ensure its passing to princess AOC. He can make to 2024.

    I know most won't like to hear this but the best chance of beating Don would be uncle Joe
    I think his drop in the polls is due to his hugs and kisses, remember this is metoo era. That might be his undoing. I have yet to hear something bad about Bernie's past. Maybe he misbehaved in grade 2, who knows.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  13. #16533
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    That may not be the case anymore. I refuse to believe the Annoyed's are a majority in the US. Bernie is leading the polls right now but yea that could be temporary.
    m8 you're forgetting what country this is "socialist" is a scare word that frightens everyone even most Dems (albeit to a lesser degree)

    this is the US no such thing as a left wing there's only the right (Dems) and far right (GOP)

    Just look at the man, he won't die until he's done. He'll turn a whitewalker if need be. One term to secure the throne and ensure its passing to princess AOC. He can make to 2024.
    if he wants a shot at 2020 he better keep AOC out of the picture until after the election then


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  14. #16534
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    We'll see, sure many despise socialism, very vocal people usually. Whoever wins will need to grab the silent majority which is always an unknown.

    This time all the candidates are good I think and it can't be like last election (choosing between a snake and a jackal) so surely lots of MIA voters will come in force.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  15. #16535
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post

    surely lots of MIA voters will come in force.
    MAMMA MIA! careful man some here (did I say Annoyed?) may think you're talking about illegal immigrant voters & will get all riled up


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  16. #16536
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    MAMMA MIA! careful man some here (did I say Annoyed?) may think you're talking about illegal immigrant voters & will get all riled up
    Haven't you heard? The gestapo civil arrest militias are picking 'em one by one. The Dems didn't have sufficient time to produce enough fake ID's and citizenship paperwork for the last few caravans that came in HQ.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

  17. #16537
    Major Annoyed's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of New York
    Posts
    2,449

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulReaver View Post
    2 a it's only doing good for Wall $treet, Goldman $ach$, the trillion dollar oil indu$try, Koch, Amazon...you know, the e$tablishment that Don vowed to fight. even american voters should be astute enough to remember that
    You're quite mistaken about that. Working people like myself are doing quite well under Trump. I've gotten a tax cut. My wages have risen as my employer is reacting to the drastically lower unemployment rate. (law of supply & demand, fewer workers looking for work, the price of labor goes up)
    Many folks have been able to find jobs. Overall, the picture for the working class is better than it has been in decades. I could go on, but I would hope you get the point by now.

    Yes, it's possible the economy could tank in the next year and a half. But if it doesn't, That alone is going to prompt a lot of working folks to vote their wallet, and re-elect Trump. And hopefully flip the House, too.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

  18. #16538
    Lieutenant Colonel SoulReaver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Yurp
    Posts
    4,325

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    Haven't you heard? The gestapo civil arrest militias are picking 'em one by one. The Dems didn't have sufficient time to produce enough fake ID's and citizenship paperwork for the last few caravans that came in HQ.
    that one's not a problem cause - as I understand it - the GOP doesn't really like vigilantes so cops won't be happy about commoners doing their job
    (the FBI arrested those vigilantes didn't they?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post
    You're quite mistaken about that. Working people like myself are doing quite well under Trump. I've gotten a tax cut. My wages have risen as my employer is reacting to the drastically lower unemployment rate. (law of supply & demand, fewer workers looking for work, the price of labor goes up)
    Many folks have been able to find jobs. Overall, the picture for the working class is better than it has been in decades. I could go on, but I would hope you get the point by now.

    Yes, it's possible the economy could tank in the next year and a half. But if it doesn't, That alone is going to prompt a lot of working folks to vote their wallet, and re-elect Trump. And hopefully flip the House, too.
    I get it you're one of the few who got crumbs


    many others (majority? idanow) got nothing & those who did will still be pissed that the upper elites are by far the main winners & pay even less in taxes


    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Soul is right.

  19. #16539
    Harvey jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter
    Posts
    35,072

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    You have to remember Annoyed is old and that is really all the Trump administration cares about. Mine went up. Not very much but a little
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  20. #16540
    First Lieutenant Chaka-Z0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2018
    Location
    P3X-888
    Posts
    800

    Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

    Wages must be considered with other facts.

    In fact, despite some ups and downs over the past several decades, today’s real average wage (that is, the wage after accounting for inflation) has about the same purchasing power it did 40 years ago. And what wage gains there have been have mostly flowed to the highest-paid tier of workers.
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...d-for-decades/

    You can't consider only wages and say you're better off. Prices of goods and buying powers and wages are the three main indicator of a healthy economy.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Page 827 of 889 FirstFirst ... 327727777817824825826827828829830837877 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. A Discussion/Debate on Religion & Other Closely Related Topics
    By lordofseas in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 2301
    Last Post: January 19th, 2018, 10:52 AM
  2. #dGeek & #HappyBDayDavidHewlett on the Trending Topics of Twitter !
    By Fanny-Wan Kenobi in forum Stargate Fandom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM
  3. BSG brings up some interesting topics...
    By Tempis in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 20th, 2006, 06:26 AM
  4. Discussion I have had at work today about starships!
    By GuardianKentel in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: March 25th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •