Page 565 of 839 FirstFirst ... 65465515555562563564565566567568575615665 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,300 of 16771

Default Re: Discussion about hot topics trending today

Quote Originally Posted by mad_gater View Post
    yes.....who cares about the fact that political agendas Religions are based on very little, if any fact, and relies rather heavily on populist rhetoric to get gullible people to swallow it?
    Fixed
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    You would think God would tell him that he is participating in a hoax and to not fill his people with nonsense. I'll just leave this verse here

""And the nations were enraged, and Your wrath came, and the time came for the dead to be judged, and the time to reward Your bond-servants the prophets and the saints and those who fear Your name, the small and the great, and to destroy those who destroy the earth."

The weather isn't some magical thing. It is part of the biosphere and reacts to the conditions present in the biosphere. There is a floating island of plastic particles the size of Mexico in the Pacific ocean for crying out load. Coral Reefs are being torn apart impacting entire food chains. Desertification can be tied (both in the modern era and in ancient times) to human activity. We have evidence of a change in weather patterns in Mesoamerica in ancient times through slash and burn farming. We have gone way beyond "some impact" on the surrounding environment. We are destroying the earth just as it says. Doesn't matter if you take it to mean land or the planet, the end result is the same.
    the fact that the weather changes based on environmental conditions only reinforces my point you know...that the weather is a constantly changing thing and never stays the same

But, But, I'm not racist..........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-2...arpaio/8845148

Anything yet, or will we wait till it's no longer considered a crime again?

But, but, I'm the best president for the LGBTQ community!!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/25/po...ary/index.html

Stll nothing?

Let's not forget this is set against the backdrop of a category 4 hurricane settling in to trash large swathes of Texas.

Still waiting for that evidence Annoyed
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Don't hold your breath. IF the issue were politicians misusing the human impact on the environment, you could get tons, but as it is not..........

Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    But, But, I'm not racist..........

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-2...arpaio/8845148

Anything yet, or will we wait till it's no longer considered a crime again?
    Let me ask you. Did you have problems with Obama Pardoning Manning that traitor? If not, why do you have problems with him pardoning Arpio?

Quote Originally Posted by garhkal View Post
    Let me ask you. Did you have problems with Obama Pardoning Manning that traitor? If not, why do you have problems with him pardoning Arpio?
    Chelsea wasn't pardoned, her sentence was commuted, so for starters, I have a problem with your lack of factual knowledge.
    Secondly, Chelsea's goal was to leak information about human rights violations she saw, Arpiro's goal was to continue to engage in human rights violations that -others- (including the law) had censured him for. Go take a good -long- look at his offences, a main one for you might be the abuse of children.
    Thirdly, Chelsea pled guilty, and accepted the punishment, no matter what it was, Arpiro was pardoned on a plea of not guilty, so if he were not guilty, why did he need a pardon?

Captain

So, latest developments in the New Cold War between USA and Russia. The issuing of USA visas to Russian citizens has been suspended, because with only 75 people of diplomatic staff left, USA embassy has no ability to process visa applications.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Don't hold your breath. IF the issue were politicians misusing the human impact on the environment, you could get tons, but as it is not..........
    Quoting myself from earlier in the thread....
    Actually, there's a fairly lengthy list of reasons to suspect the whole push is a load of what is best left out back in the south 40.

1: Admission by several folks fairly high up in the UN's hierarchy that they do in fact, use climate change as a vehicle for transfer or wealth.
    2: A very long list of things that don't match up with their claims.. That's why they can't make up their minds whether its global cooling, warming, or whatever they're claiming this week.
    3: Most importantly, their attitude. If a scientist believes he has something that he can prove, he's gonna put it out there and wait for somebody to disprove it. He welcomes a challenge to it, because in his mind, he knows it's the truth. Contrast that with the behavior of the enviros these days. They are just as likely to try to silence someone who challenges them as they are to discuss it with them.

#3 speaks volumes.
    I could go on, but as GF points out, there are more than a few problems with the political use of what may or may not be caused by mankind, most of which want to somehow tax or charge the United States and its citizens in some way, while letting other nations skate by.
    Or does it really make a difference where gases are emitted? CO emissions released in china are less harmful than those released in the US? Or CO emissions from energy use in the US are somehow less harmful if that energy use is taxed in some way?

If they want serious consideration of their claims, they have to stop that crap first. It's plain old BS, pure and simple.

As far as what is actually happening, if it has been PROVEN that mankind is responsible for processes that have been going on throughout Earth's history, going back before mankind arose, why isn't there universal agreement among all scientists? You don't find too many who deny the theory of gravity, do you? But you can find plenty who don't agree that mankind is the cause of any changes in Earth's climate.

So, at the end p[of the day, we have a bunch of politicians trying to use an unproven "crisis" as a way to levy taxes they otherwise have no jurisdiction to impose.

I'll call BS on that 7 days a week.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."
    - Starship Voyager's Holographic Doctor
    "Perhaps there's something to be said for assimilation after all."
    - Former Borg Seven of Nine

Still seeing no scientific evidence
    Jelgate is right

*brings tea beer and coffee trolley thro*

I'll take the bacon sandwich with a leg of rum. Put it on Gatefan's tab
    Jelgate is right

No probs, he put the last one on yours

I just transfer it to aretood's tab. He is a teacher
    Jelgate is right

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post

I could go on, but as GF points out, there are more than a few problems with the political use of what may or may not be caused by mankind, most of which want to somehow tax or charge the United States and its citizens in some way, while letting other nations skate by.
    Or does it really make a difference where gases are emitted? CO emissions released in china are less harmful than those released in the US? Or CO emissions from energy use in the US are somehow less harmful if that energy use is taxed in some way?

If they want serious consideration of their claims, they have to stop that crap first. It's plain old BS, pure and simple.

As far as what is actually happening, if it has been PROVEN that mankind is responsible for processes that have been going on throughout Earth's history, going back before mankind arose, why isn't there universal agreement among all scientists? You don't find too many who deny the theory of gravity, do you? But you can find plenty who don't agree that mankind is the cause of any changes in Earth's climate.

So, at the end p[of the day, we have a bunch of politicians trying to use an unproven "crisis" as a way to levy taxes they otherwise have no jurisdiction to impose.

Jelgate is right, this is a political argument, not a scientific one. The scientific argument is independent of policy.

*points to new sig*
    Jelgate is right

Still seeing no scientific evidence
    Actually, since the enviros are the folks insisting that we levy taxes & make changes to our society, the burden of proof is on them, and they haven't come close to proving that man's activities are responsible for any climate change that may be occurring. As I've said, there is no shortage of scientists who disagree with the claim.

And that's going to have to be a pretty good proof because Earth's climate has been continually changing for as long as the planet has been here.
    "It may seem pointless but small talk is a vital dating skill. It helps to establish a rapport with your companion."

Quote Originally Posted by Annoyed View Post

The crisis is proven, and yes, you could find 100 scientists who disagree. AT the same time, you could find 100 000 who do. I'll call BS on the 100.

The crisis is proven, and yes, you could find 100 scientists who disagree. AT the same time, you could find 100 000 who do. I'll call BS on the 100.
    Then why is there any disagreement at all? You don't find too many who claim the Earth is the center of the Solar System or disagree with various other known facts.

Page 565 of 839 FirstFirst ... 65465515555562563564565566567568575615665 ... LastLast