Atten: Dukes of Hazzard fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atten: Dukes of Hazzard fans

As result of political correctness run amuck regarding the Confederate flag, TVLand and CMT are pulling Dukes of Hazzard from their schedules. Warner brothers has pulled licensing for products related to the show.

It seems that DVD copies of the series will not be available once current stocks are exhausted, either. Amazon already shows the box set as no longer available, and some season sets are on back order.

If anyone is a fan of the show, I would suggest getting copies now, if you still can. You won't be able to before long.

Myself, I'm set. Been a fan of the show since day one, and I already have it.

This TOTALLY sucks! I mean get real! The flag on the top of car was what made the car, and the car was what helped to make the show. Taking it away takes away from the premise of the show. And getting rid of the DVD's of a 70's and 80's TV show makes no sense! What does that have to do with the flag? The flag was just a flag. It's what the people made of it that's the rub, IMOHO.
    Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Political correctness run amuck..

Comment

The Confederate flag never had racial overtones to me; after all, I was born 100 years after slavery went the way of the dinosaur.

To me, it has always meant the spirit of rebellion against government, and authority in general.

Something we could do with more of these days, considering the direction our government is taking us.

Comment

Without weighing in on the TV show (for which I have no strong feelings one way or another)...

There's no two ways about it, no splitting hairs, no 'this is what I think.' The man who designed the Confederate flag was very clear when he described it:

"As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. Such a flag would be a suitable emblem of our young confederacy, and sustained by the brave hearts and strong arms of the south, it would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN’S FLAG."

The Confederate flag is an emblem of racism, fullstop. This cannot and may not be argued.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            Without weighing in on the TV show (for which I have no strong feelings one way or another)...

There's no two ways about it, no splitting hairs, no 'this is what I think.' The man who designed the Confederate flag was very clear when he described it:

"As a people we are fighting to maintain the heavenly ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause. Such a flag would be a suitable emblem of our young confederacy, and sustained by the brave hearts and strong arms of the south, it would soon take rank among the proudest ensigns of the nations, and be hailed by the civilized world as THE WHITE MAN’S FLAG."

The Confederate flag is an emblem of racism, fullstop. This cannot and may not be argued.
            Where did you find this?

Comment

W.T. Thompson (the flag's designer), who was a newspaper editor in Atlanta, said it in his paper in the spring of 1863. It's very widely cited; having been in a (relatively) modern newspaper, it's not obscure or lost to the mists of time.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Okay. Just wondered since I'd never heard of it.

Comment

Working...
                X