Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Name Is Datak Tarr and I Have Come to Kill You (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Name Is Datak Tarr and I Have Come to Kill You (308)

Visit the Episode GuideDEFIANCE - SEASON THREE
    MY NAME IS DATAK TARR AND I HAVE COME TO KILL YOU
    EPISODE NUMBER - 308
    After Rahm Tak's people infiltrate the town and launch an attack, Nolan is unaware that he is risking all their lives by trusting one of the infiltrators. Datak recalls his childhood during the course of a slow execution, until Amanda finds one last duty he can perform. Elsewhere, Stahma learns the true nature of the Omec's arrival.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2015, 04:50 PM.

Some things cost a arm and a leg. Other things just cost a arm.

Comment

Good episode, I think. This show manages to not be predictable.
      Wasn't expecting the last part with Datak and his arm.
      I knew he'd get out of it somehow, although with the other major characters they,ve killed off, maybe not so sure.
      Liking Omec, too.

Comment

I loved everything about this episode. Loved Datak's flashbacks. The Castithan city looked beautiful. Loved how Datak managed to survive. Really liking T'evgin. This season continues to be great (imo).
        sigpic

Comment

yes the flashbacks were great. Good episode all around this season is much better than last season.

Comment

That's one way to keep the vc at arms length shtako!!!!

Best episode of Defiance yet imo
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Rahm Tak's reaction to Datak cutting off his arm was so funny (to me). I loved that whole part. He had to go, everything was building to it and if they dragged it out much longer it probably would have been annoying, but now that he's gone, I think I might actually miss crazy Rahm Tak. He was so over the top insane he was actually pretty funny.
              sigpic

Comment

I have a bit mixed feelings after seeing this episode.

While the episode itself was pretty great, the victory over Rahm Tak came too easily and abruptly in the end. Although this point falls if by blowing the net they actually lost their one and only defence and are now vulnerable to any incoming raids.
                Then there is a question of Datak Tarr. He's one of my most liked characters and him (seemingly) dying last episode made for an incredibly powerful scene. Him being still alive then felt like I was cheated. And not only didn't Datak die the previous episode, he didn't even die this episode either. Oh well, I'll probably forgive the show that after Datak is back to his plots and schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by TOIVA View Post
                  I have a bit mixed feelings after seeing this episode.

While the episode itself was pretty great, the victory over Rahm Tak came too easily and abruptly in the end. Although this point falls if by blowing the net they actually lost their one and only defence and are now vulnerable to any incoming raids.
                  Then there is a question of Datak Tarr. He's one of my most liked characters and him (seemingly) dying last episode made for an incredibly powerful scene. Him being still alive then felt like I was cheated. And not only didn't Datak die the previous episode, he didn't even die this episode either. Oh well, I'll probably forgive the show that after Datak is back to his plots and schemes.
                  Think of it as 8 episodes leading up to his death

I think Datak has become a bit more humble, remembering what his father said about honor and decided to cut off his own arm so he could repent but still have a chance to find Stahma.

Comment

^^ I don't think they are going to kill Datak off as he's just one of the best characters and makes the show, IMO.
                    But for awhile there, yeah, I thought he was gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                      ^^ I don't think they are going to kill Datak off as he's just one of the best characters and makes the show, IMO.
                      But for awhile there, yeah, I thought he was gone.
                      Well, since I don't believe Defiance will get another season (it's gotten too good, also after 3 seasons, it must be way more expensive than the new shows Syfy is now starting), Datak dying gloriously to save Defiance would have been a great way to go.

Also the death of Rahm Tak felt abrupt to me because I believed this threat would last the whole season. And I have no idea what they intend to do with the last 5 episodes. The Omec storyline can't fill them by itself, I fear.

Comment

Datak is almost certainly not dead. There would be no narrative point in him escaping by cutting off his arm if he were just going to die anyway.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Obviously, now he's alive and probably staying that way as long as the show runs.

But at the same time, do you think he can/will return to Defiance? For one, everyone believes he's dead. Two, Amanda was quite clear she'll pardon him postmortem. Technically, he's still to be executed. Three, he'll probably care most about finding Stahma (that we know isn't in Defiance anymore).

Either way, i believe he'll go into hiding, but I'm not sure if in Defiance or if he'll want to regain forces and information somewhere else (assuming he's actually capable of getting somewhere else).

Comment

I think
                            Spoiler:
                            he'll maybe go to the doc or be found by the doc and figure out the only place stahma can go is to omoc. But since Omoc now wants to be allies with the humans, gee, can Datak kill him? or must he work with him?
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Forgot about this 'friend' of his.

Yup, it's definitely possible, Skydiver.

Comment

Working...
                              X